Terri: Waved Goodbye at 8:45/Left School at 9:00 -- Significance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is her verbiage in this part of the email: “I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am..."

She doesn't say she was at Fred Meyer, she says she has a receipt showing she was there. Now, that may be potato, potato for some, but (having dealt with liars in my life) I've found that they will often say something to lead you to the conclusion they want you to have without actually "saying it". That way, if you later find out that conclusion is untrue, well...they never actually said (insert random lie about what they did or where they were here.)

Just a thought that has been bothering me regarding the email that was sent.

But her responding that way wasn't happening in a vacuum. She'd already been interviewed several times, and had probably been asked over and over about her day, where she was, when she was there, and if she had any receipts to verify her whereabouts. She would've been hyper-aware of her day because, innocent or guilty, LE wanted her to be hyper-aware about her day. Kyron was missing, timing was everything, and so they would've wanted a timeline as accurate as possible. If she produced receipts, she would've been aware of the time on them. If she felt she was being accused, she would've been defensive. It's human nature, IMHO.

How many among us, if we were being accused of disappearing a child or through the actions and/or questions of LE we knew we were suspected, would sit idly by and let it happen?

On the one hand, Terri's silence in the media contributes to the assumption of her guilt, but when she privately defended herself to a friend in the midst of tacit suspicion, well, her defending herself is also somehow proof of her guilt. IMHO, this is why Houze advises Terri to keep her mouth shut.

How many among us, if we were being accused of disappearing a child or through the actions and/or questions of LE we knew we were suspected, would sit idly by and let it happen?

(snipped by me.)

Not I! But then again, that is what she is doing, right?

I don't know...you may be right, but something about that letter feels "off" to me. And like I stated before, her verbiage about that one thing (the FM receipt) is suspicious to me. It jumped out at me the first time I read it, and the more I think about it, the more it sounds...odd.

ETA: Oh, and as for Houze, yes it is sop for lawyers to tell clients to keep their mouths shut, but he has more reasons than most to insist on it with this particular client imo. (Whether she is innocent or guilty, her mouth (along with computer, telephone, texts etc.) is not her friend!)

LE had probable cause for one, enough cause for kaine to leave the house with the baby.

LE did not have probable cause. Probable cause is a term that relates to search warrants, arrest, it is a legal term describing at what point LE can proceed with any of the above against a person.

I think what you mean to say is that LE had reason believe that Kaine and or baby K may be in imminent danger and therefore, they acted, by informing Kaine of a potential MFH plot.

Had they had probable cause (a higher benchmark than reason to believe) they would have arrested Terri, executed a search warrant, etc.

It is obvious by what actions have been taken and what ones have not - LE believes the landscaper is credible but has absolutely no independant evidence to substantiate or coraberate his claims. They beleive it - can't prove it, or even charge her with MFH. Hence the grand jury convening.

websleuthstrain.jpg

*sheepish* Sorry kimster.

Does Starbucks give receipts? The coffee chain I go to only gives a receipt if you ask, so I am wondering if it is usual.

I am still catching up on this thread, so I apologize if this has been answered, but at my Starbucks I always pay with a debit/credit card, and they always ask me if I want a receipt.

Terri dealt with her marriage in a message to her husband the day he left suddenly with their child. She had not been served, Kaine took off with the baby, upset. Terri had been accused in private by the very people who were as close to Kyron as she was; where exactly was she supposed to find purchase to fight for her marriage? In fact, since the divorce and all its sordid details were thrown into the public forum, it would behoove us all to wonder WHY we know all those sordid details. A "data guy" whose child is missing throws to the voracious media details as salacious as you'd find in any tabloid. It makes me wonder why.

I don't know exactly what you mean by this. Terri has attorneys dealing with her legal matters.....isn't that what we'd do if we wanted everything and everyone we love? Kaine started the divorce; Terri didn't. She has to respond to it legally, not in the press like Kaine does.

sbm, bbm, etc.

As far as I know, the 'salacious details' are simply records of Terri's behavior. If the *details* are salacious, it is only because the actions reported were, and the actions were controlled solely by Terri Horman. If Terri was not acting inappropriately, then any record of her behavior would be appropriate. No need to blame Kaine for *reporting* Terri's behavior in a legal venue (restraining order, divorce, police report). Kaine asked for the RO records to be sealed and Terri is the one who violated that by showing someone else and thereby started to make her own behavior public. If the media then makes those legal documents public, then it's the media's decision. Did we hear Kaine petitioning to get his own RO records unsealed? No.

Also, Kaine has been responding legally - didn't we just have thread after thread about his LEGAL responses? RO, divorce papers, request to verify his spouse's financial obligations and assets? Aren't those all legal responses?

Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post
Is her verbiage in this part of the email: “I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am..."

She doesn't say she was at Fred Meyer, she says she has a receipt showing she was there. Now, that may be potato, potato for some, but (having dealt with liars in my life) I've found that they will often say something to lead you to the conclusion they want you to have without actually "saying it". That way, if you later find out that conclusion is untrue, well...they never actually said (insert random lie about what they did or where they were here.)

ITA. A receipt showing I was checking out... etc. Not: "a hundred people saw me there, I'm sure LE will find 10 of them, it's not like I fade into the background, don't stores have surveillance video? I'm sure they'll check it, I told them I was in self checkout lane 10... " etc.

I think most kids would say, "Okay. Bye."

Not my kid. He is a rule enforcer (although he doesn't always follow the rules himself). He would have said we are supposed to be in class now --- unless that wasn't the case, and student had the choice of either 1) continuing to see the exhibits with their parent, or 2) returning to class to be put in groups to go see the exhibits. If they had a choice - that is just wrong!

I couldn't agree more, when TH said 9:00 she could have been rounding up. I do that all the time. At that point, June 5, she hadn't taken a LDT and hadn't had any reason to narrow her time down yet. ...snipped...

But at the time she wrote the email she had been questioned 5 times by LE. I would think she would have thought about it thoroughly and narrowed it down as closely as possible and therefore she would not have estimated the time in her email to her friend. JMO.

I like how you think NonFiction.
I think the larger issue would be the 90 minutes or so she spent driving around with a fussing child.

So, another key question would be... Was the baby fussy in the first store?
(*runs off to the question thread*)

I have a problem with the sexting, as well. Proof that it was Terri that sent them, for starters. All those bat phones, and people in and out of her house.....I'm just saying. Put the phone in her hand, prove it's her naughty bits, etc etc. Prove she sent them. That last bit you put there, though.......where have you seen that information? That's a first for me! Prove in fact, that MC didn't surreptitiously take those pictures of the RO while Terri was out of the room.

Here's where I got that from:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Pol...g-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

"The motion also states police told Kaine that Terri exchanged hundred of text messages with Cook and several photographs of Terri Horman "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity." According to the filing, the "sexual nature" of the relationship between Cook and Terri Horman began on or about June 30, four days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family's Northwest Portland home.

READ: Court affidavit (PDF)

Cook was a high school classmate of Kaine Horman, and also helped organize the first vigil for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Similarities to Murder-for-Hire plot

Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine)."

In the original restraining order filing, Kaine stated that police had told him Terri had tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine."

@@@@@@

I would assume in some of these photos and texts , it is plain that it is Terri Horman, and not anyone else. There are HUNDREDS of them, remember. I doubt the photos are all an anonymous body part.

IMO it's very hard to take pictures of someone in "stages of undress" or "graphic sexual activity"... without SOME cooperation. What woman is undressed or accidentally in a "position" for some male friend of her husband to get naughty photos of her...or someone to set her up? Or combine with sexual messages on her phone? Hundreds of times?

Yes, there are "hundreds" of them...sent only FOUR days after she wrote her husband that she "loved him."

FOUR days after her "loved" husband and precious Baby leave...yet her thoughts are not how to dispute the supposedly false Murder-for Hire allegation...it's how to replicate something that the attorney says "resembles"
what she did with the accusing Landscaper.

That attorney for Kaine in a legal document says the two incidents "resemble" each other. Is he lying in a court document? Risking his career to malign innocent Terri?

Everyone is lying but her, can that be the scenario? The teacher is lying about the doctors appointment. Someone lied and told her Kyron was seen with a chaperone and two girls AFTER she left. She was only soothing the Baby for a few minutes. The Landscaper is lying. I guess MC or someone took HUNDREDS of sexual photos/texts of her on the sly....and everyone is lying about her cooperation.

I also think in that first email when she tells her friend Kyron was staring into space, acting strange...that that was still ANOTHER attempt to deflect blame..off herself and onto the victim, Kyron. As if HE might have wandered off because of some strange affliction.

Anybody, even Kyron might be to blame...but not Terri....

Those sentences about Kyron so soon after he had gone missing...astounded me.

IMO it's very hard to take pictures of someone in "stages of undress" or "graphic sexual activity"... without SOME cooperation. What woman is undressed or accidentally in a "position" for some male friend of her husband to get naughty photos of her...or someone to set her up? Or combine with sexual messages on her phone? Hundreds of times?

ya seems kinda unlikely ...but those pesky conspirators are pretty crafty lol

ya seems kinda unlikely ...but those pesky conspirators are pretty crafty lol

LOL! Well then, we all must be extra vigilant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA