Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, can we post the site or not? Where the info is listed?

NG talked about it on her show. But I am referring to the actual info.

If you don't get a ************ in the post, it should be fine as long as it isn't some random blogger.

by his mother's new hubby. That is a bit different, but I wonder what the story is on the bio-father of Kaine.[/QUOTE]

But as neither POI or suspect, bio grandfather of Kyron (bio father of Kaine) is not to be sleuthed, correct?

Terri is not a POI or suspect either. Why is info for her allowed but not Kaine?

there was an adoption search by Terri on Adoption.com. It is no longer there, that I can find.

I think it's NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) or something along that continuum. As I've posted ad nauseum, my mother clearly has it. Note that she is not diagnosed. It's tough to diagnose, and an NPD person doesn't think there is anything wrong with them in the first place! Why treat it? I didn't reach this realization about her NPD until last year, when her NPD (among other three-initial acronyms) caused a serious family crisis. I read the book "Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers". Bingo.

I have to run, so I can add more later, but I'll give one example of the similarity between TH's behavior and my mother's: TH is asked about the family situation: "Everything's Good!" (paraphrased by me--don't have exact quote handy). Clearly it wasn't. KH and baby were already gone.

I was talking to my mother about my ex-sister-in-law. My mother tends to side with my sibling's and my exes instead of with us. She said, "I feel so sorry for ____. Her mother was so hard on her." (which she was) I said, "You know, you were hard on me too." Quick denial on her part. She snapped, "No I wasn't!" End of discussion. I dropped it because that's all I needed to know. What I can't tell about Mom is does she believe the stories she makes up about things or not? She often has her own reality about events. She is also very very intelligent and very good at blaming others. JMO, YMMV.

Martin Williams, a forensic psychologist in San Jose, Calif., also says putting a hit on someone would be a strong indicator of psychosis.

“If it’s true, then you figure this is someone whose mind is open to using murder as a solution,” Williams says. “One of the things that stops us all from being murderers is not just the consequences, it’s a feeling of empathy for other people. Psychopaths don’t have that.”

Just want to note that psychosis and psychopath are two different things.

RAD is very severe. Think of the girl in California that they put into a blanket to simulate rebirth. The therapists were tried for murder when the child died. I believe that they were convicted.

I think that the continuum of attachment disorder is very interesting and something that I thought from almost the beginning.

How about "borderline personality disorder" where there is a void that can never be filled. No amount of cars, success, etc fills the void.

My personal opinion from extensive experience with Untreated Borderline's... is that I don't think Terri is Borderline from what I have seen and heard. Elizabeth Johnson, has some traits from what I know of her up until her incarceration. Casey Anthony also has some traits.

Often it is some type of "addiction" that they use to try and fill the void. (Shopping, gambling, self injury, sex, reckless behavior, drugs, alcohol, etc.) But I've seen no evidence of that with Terri aside from one DUI. So bodybuilding would be the only thing I could see being an "addiction."

Untreated Borderline's are very black and white. There is no gray area. If you go on vacation... they feel you are gone forever. If you say you will call them and you don't, they think you hate them.

They feel all emotions stronger than everyone else, but they may not show them. Their love is overpowering, their anger is debilitating, their grief is consuming.

They love you or they hate you. No gray area.

I have not heard anything like that about Terri yet. However, if we start hearing that "One day she loves you and the next she hates you." Then I would consider it.

Generally speaking a Borderline is VERY adaptable and good at "blocking" things out for quite a while. So I don't expect jail, boot camp, a wilderness program or a mental hospital to change them much. I would also not be surprised if they did not bond to their child or could easily adapt without the child. (Elizabeth again.)

Although there are a couple of possible Borderline traits, a couple of things that make me go hmmm.... there is nowhere near enough for me to say I even think she might be Borderline. There are critical things that I just haven't seen yet.

"I Hate You Don't Leave Me" - (good book, but the title alone sums up Borderlines. Imagine for a moment... how it would be to truly feel that way about your spouse.)

I have to agree with Haeve... NPD looks more likely, but I still don't have enough to say I think that's what it is.

For borderline, I am going with the diagnosis that was given to a female relative of mine that was adopted.

Maybe they were wrong in the diagnosis. But she seems a lot like TH to me. I have never seen the "I love you and hate you" stuff with my relative, so perhaps the diagnosis is wrong.

Just want to note that psychosis and psychopath are two different things.
Thank You, Donjeta, for pointing this out! I was pretty shocked when I read this, yet I have seen "psychosis" being used in papers relating to Psychopaths. I am beginning to wonder if the term is starting to have two meanings.

Just one of many definitions of PSYCHOSIS:

"Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality.
Description
Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world. They experience hallucinations and/or delusions that they believe are real, and may behave and communicate in an inappropriate and incoherent fashion. Psychosis may appear as a symptom of a number of mental disorders,..."

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/psychosis

And here is one for PSYCHOPATH: (BBM)

"Not to be confused with Psychosis
, Psychopathology, or Autistic Psychopathy.

Psychopathy (pronounced /saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) is a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct, masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal. Neither psychopathy, nor the similar concept of sociopathy, are nowadays defined in international diagnostic manuals, which instead describe a category of antisocial/dissocial personality disorder. However, researcher Robert Hare, whose Hare Psychopathy Checklist is widely used, describes psychopaths as "intraspecies predators"[3] as does R.I. Simon.[4][verification needed] Elsewhere Hare and others write that psychopaths "use charisma, manipulation, intimidation, sexual intercourse and violence"[5][6][7][verification needed] to control others and to satisfy their own needs. Hare states that: "Lacking in conscience and empathy, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse".[8] He previously stated that: "What is missing, in other words, are the very qualities that allow a human being to live in social harmony"[9]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy[/ame]

Frankly, I don't believe we have enough insight into TH's verified behavior to make any kind of a supposition, the same as DY, TY, or KH. All we have to work with are allegations and a few, short, orchestrated pressers.

In my opinion, it isn't fair or necessary to make uneducated judgments about TH's mental state. Why not wait until LE actually charges her with something?

My personal opinion from extensive experience with Untreated Borderline's... is that I don't think Terri is Borderline from what I have seen and heard. Elizabeth Johnson, has some traits from what I know of her up until her incarceration. Casey Anthony also has some traits.

Often it is some type of "addiction" that they use to try and fill the void. (Shopping, gambling, self injury, sex, reckless behavior, drugs, alcohol, etc.) But I've seen no evidence of that with Terri aside from one DUI. So bodybuilding would be the only thing I could see being an "addiction."

Untreated Borderline's are very black and white. There is no gray area. If you go on vacation... they feel you are gone forever. If you say you will call them and you don't, they think you hate them.

They feel all emotions stronger than everyone else, but they may not show them. Their love is overpowering, their anger is debilitating, their grief is consuming.

They love you or they hate you. No gray area.

I have not heard anything like that about Terri yet. However, if we start hearing that "One day she loves you and the next she hates you." Then I would consider it.

Generally speaking a Borderline is VERY adaptable and good at "blocking" things out for quite a while. So I don't expect jail, boot camp, a wilderness program or a mental hospital to change them much. I would also not be surprised if they did not bond to their child or could easily adapt without the child. (Elizabeth again.)

Although there are a couple of possible Borderline traits, a couple of things that make me go hmmm.... there is nowhere near enough for me to say I even think she might be Borderline. There are critical things that I just haven't seen yet.

"I Hate You Don't Leave Me" - (good book, but the title alone sums up Borderlines. Imagine for a moment... how it would be to truly feel that way about your spouse.)

I have to agree with Haeve... NPD looks more likely, but I still don't have enough to say I think that's what it is.

I don't know if you are a professional in the field or not but this is one of the best descriptions I have read about Borderlines. Thank you.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml

Good info on BPD @ the above link, based on 2001 research findings, if anyone cares to read up on it.

BPD is more common that bipolar disorder, affects women more often than men, and is responsible for 20% of psychiatric hospitalizations..

well, the the rejection by Kaine, if in fact he had a GF, would result in hiring a hit man.

First hubby said she cheated.

Could be borderline.

Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder

While a person with depression or bipolar disorder typically endures the same mood for weeks, a person with BPD may experience intense bouts of anger, depression, and anxiety that may last only hours, or at most a day.

People with BPD often have highly unstable patterns of social relationships. While they can develop intense but stormy attachments, their attitudes towards family, friends, and loved ones may suddenly shift from idealization (great admiration and love) to devaluation (intense anger and dislike).

Thus, they may form an immediate attachment and idealize the other person, but when a slight separation or conflict occurs, they switch unexpectedly to the other extreme and angrily accuse the other person of not caring for them at all.

Even with family members, individuals with BPD are highly sensitive to rejection, reacting with anger and distress to such mild separations as a vacation, a business trip, or a sudden change in plans.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml

Again, I am not saying that anybody has any diagnosis. I am speaking from my personal experience and sharing information so that people have it. There is nothing wrong with learning something new and it is important to me that people understand Borderlines a little bit more.

While less well known than schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness), BPD is more common, affecting 2 percent of adults, mostly young women.

For borderline, I am going with the diagnosis that was given to a female relative of mine that was adopted.

Maybe they were wrong in the diagnosis. But she seems a lot like TH to me. I have never seen the "I love you and hate you" stuff with my relative, so perhaps the diagnosis is wrong.

Here is the diagnostic criteria if you would like to take a look at it in regards to your relative. Black and white thinking is essentially the basis of a Borderline. If you look at the diagnostic criteria and think about it... everything is one extreme or the other.

Keep in mind that this is all for an untreated Borderline. If your relative has been in therapy and/or on medication they may not even meet the diagnostic criteria anymore. You may not see these things if she is doing really well. :)

Frankly, I don't believe we have enough insight into TH's verified behavior to make any kind of a supposition, the same as DY, TY, or KH. All we have to work with are allegations and a few, short, orchestrated pressers.

In my opinion, it isn't fair or necessary to make uneducated judgments about TH's mental state. Why not wait until LE actually charges her with something?

Thank you.

If they do a Psych Analysis on Terri I feel in all fairness they need to do it on everyone concerned.

Out of curiosity, why everyone else?

No one else appears to be an- as yet- formally "unspecified" suspect, and the other parents have all undergone as much as scrutiny as she initially did. It appears simply that her LE/FBI review turned up far more questionable behaviors than any one elses. As well as her initial LDT.

Solicitation of murder is enough in my mind to require a psych eval.

I don't know if you are a professional in the field or not but this is one of the best descriptions I have read about Borderlines. Thank you.

Thank you...I almost didn't post it. :blushing:

Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder

While a person with depression or bipolar disorder typically endures the same mood for weeks, a person with BPD may experience intense bouts of anger, depression, and anxiety that may last only hours, or at most a day.

People with BPD often have highly unstable patterns of social relationships. While they can develop intense but stormy attachments, their attitudes towards family, friends, and loved ones may suddenly shift from idealization (great admiration and love) to devaluation (intense anger and dislike).

Thus, they may form an immediate attachment and idealize the other person, but when a slight separation or conflict occurs, they switch unexpectedly to the other extreme and angrily accuse the other person of not caring for them at all.

Even with family members, individuals with BPD are highly sensitive to rejection, reacting with anger and distress to such mild separations as a vacation, a business trip, or a sudden change in plans.

Again, I am not saying that anybody has any diagnosis. I am speaking from my personal experience and sharing information so that people have it. There is nothing wrong with learning something new and it is important to me that people understand Borderlines a little bit more.

While less well known than schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness), BPD is more common, affecting 2 percent of adults, mostly young women.

Here is the diagnostic criteria if you would like to take a look at it in regards to your relative. Black and white thinking is essentially the basis of a Borderline. If you look at the diagnostic criteria and think about it... everything is one extreme or the other.

Keep in mind that this is all for an untreated Borderline. If your relative has been in therapy and/or on medication they may not even meet the diagnostic criteria anymore. You may not see these things if she is doing really well. :)

I am not asking about my rellie, but thanks for the info. Really, but on to the topic.

What I mean is, I'm asking about TH here.

Wouldn't asking for a hit man for your hubby if he's cheating fit into that?

If she had affairs, couldn't that fit in?

What if she was enraged with the missing child for some reason?

Is it like an off and on switch? One minute fine, next minute enraged?

Do they hide it? Do they plan?

How about her response that everything was "fine" when her children had been taken from her and LE had been called twice on Saturday with a landscaper screaming for $10,000?

IMO, there is another rare class of people. Those who are for no apparent reason, evil. They enjoy being evil, calculating and torturous. They can do unspeakable and cruel things to people, and then sleep like a baby. They're out there, and those are the ones that scare me the most.

I'm sure that there are proven psychological issues that could lead someone to harm a child. But in a lot of cases, I think it boils down a fundamental issue of core character and morals.

I guess short way of saying this: There are some people that are just bad.

lol excellent catch

Guess he's not as much of an expert as he seems to think?

Unless it was a mistake by the reporter.

I'm a bit suspicious about professionals who diagnose people on the basis of a few news articles.
While it is often possible to get a pretty good idea about a person from the news it's a bit unethical to say so, IMO, to make professional statements about people you haven't interviewed. Answering general questions about psychopaths etc. should be fine but when it's presented in the context of an article about a specific person it is a very narrow margin and your statements can easily be interpreted as a professional evaluation of that person.

I think they're just guessing, mostly. She hasn't even spoken publicly so there is very little raw material that comes straight from her, mostly it's hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500