Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need a serious adult beverage, after trying to follow the last few pages here, LOL

Probably best not to travel with the attitude that the US is the best country in the world, promotes the Ugly American. But more than that it doesn't allow an open mind to see similarities and differences. I think of the mind like a moat, and when the moat door is up nothing gets in.

I've entertained people from other countries. A Brazilian tourist said "Everytime I want to talk about my country, someone buts in and says something about the US. Don't they want to learn anything about another country." He loved America, he just wanted to explain things about his country but no one seemed interested. An British tourist was like you, everything was better in the UK, he couldn't learn anything because everything was a comparison and everything was better back home. When he said "There are no lines in the UK," I replied "I've been there and I waited in line. Yes, an orderly line, but a long line none the less." I'm not knocking the UK (just the tourist), my sibling injured themselves in the UK while on holiday and got the best medical attention and for free. When they got back, the doctors here were impressed and said everything performed was what they would have done here.

Everyone thinks their home country is THE BEST. That is patriotism and everyone is guilty of feeling that way. JMO

It's pretty common to clear a scene where someone is deceased. Other wise you'd have a bunch of onlookers in the way. There may be members of his family that get upset or even violent. This isn't abnormal behavior. And I don't see it as trying to hide anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought they guarded the actual scene,----- never heard of law enforcement refusing to allow residents of anywhere not to have the f"reedom" to run out for some milk and cookies?

Our freedoms..................

Why was the guy up in his face screaming at him? For no reason?

What would i do if someone was up in my face screaming? I would leave as quickly as possible, and then possibly call LE if I thought it was warranted.
Have no idea , you?

What do 'white dudes' have to do with this?

I am not trying to demonize him. I am looking at his propensity to use physical violence.

This IS personal to me. My son has a national security clearance and carries a weapon on federal military land to protect it from terrorist actions. He could very well find himself in this same predicament if he decides he needs to pull his weapon out to protect himself or his partner. If someone threw a table at him or lunged at him then I HOPE he would fire his Glock at them and save his own life. By the way, he was NOT given as taser. JMO
Your saying our system does not have a whacky interrelationships with folks of different origins as it relates to incarcaration etc - please you are kidding.

Not defending viol at all. Words we use paint a picture of someone. And because all this is connected to terrorism lots need to demonize him.

Dudes fight a lot -- just the way it has been.

If this exact thing had been about two white church attending dudes punching each other in an altercation in some parking lot it would be such a non big deal. There is a need IMO, to make everything about him nefarious, he gave a guy who turned out to be a terrorist , a ring a dingy on his cell phone. Big deal!

FBI has phone records and you can bet IMO, if these two were these great friends in all liklihood it will consist o more than one phone call.

I can see the headlines now if that is how it was:
Boston bomber in contact with x over 42 times in the last 4 months.

They boxed a couple of times together, they swapped phone numbers, both were really into it, he heard that someone who loved what he did wrecked his knee, could relate to the possible implications, and they talked about it.

If that makes one a triple murderer or in on a terror plot then boy oh boy...we all shall notice since all of this started we have heard nothing about any forensic ANTHING linking him to the triple. They alledge he confessed.

Do you really beleive that with all the uproar going on around the globe about this they would not leak a dash of something?

What beside one of em giving the other a ringy dingy do we know about that links him to triple. NOthing,

Cause IMO they were hassling him about Boston, not triple, until they could no longer make any ties to that either as it relates to him. ALL IMO

A lot of people gave Ted Bundy a ringy dingy - does that mean they knew he was a serial killer ?

BBM: Well, yeah...If you have any doubts about this, I suggest you read about Bundy's final days. Or not, because I surely wouldn't want the facts to cloud the issue. And if you are talking about Bundy's earlier days, a lot of folks had suspicions.

<modsnip>

What do 'white dudes' have to do with this?

I am not trying to demonize him. I am looking at his propensity to use physical violence.

This IS personal to me. My son has a national security clearance and carries a weapon on federal military land to protect it from terrorist actions. He could very well find himself in this same predicament if he decides he needs to pull his weapon out to protect himself or his partner. If someone threw a table at him or lunged at him then I HOPE he would fire his Glock at them and save his own life. By the way, he was NOT given as taser. JMO
I know I think that maybe that might have been the correct first choice. No response like he did not have the time. He did , he got 7 deadly bullets in him.

A shot of the tazer and if no effect still have time to slam the guy with 6 more bullets.

IMO in this instance (the importance of every word we could by now knowing) try tazor first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500