Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a market in my town that flies the largest flag in the valley. It's so cool that you can see it from so many viewpoints and figure out where you are in relation to where that big flag is

a few years ago that market had moved to a new location and on the second night I noticed that the flag was flying in the dark. they weren't providing illumination in the new location like they'd previously done

I called and asked to speak to the manager and very politely said if they were not going to provide illumination after dark they needed to retire the flag at sunset. he said why? and I said because the sun should never set on Old Glory and it is customary and respectful that she never flies in the dark. he said how do YOU know that and I said because I was a Girl Scout many moons ago. he said there was a lot going on and maybe he'd get around to it. and I said cool, and I'll call every day and ask you about it. grumble/grumble on his part and I thanked him for his time and said I had enjoyed speaking with him

the next day they took one of the floodlights on the roof and angled it toward the flag pole. I was so happy to drive by that night and see OG flying in the light and I called the manager and thanked him. he was real nice and said he had asked his grandfather, who said that lady is right

when my grandkids were real little we had this thing we always did at parades. I would say in a loud voice "OK, here comes the color guard so we will stand as it passes by." and they would say in loud little voices "do we stand for every flag in the parade?" and I'd say "you can if you want to, but please always stand for the color guard because it shows respect for those who have made sacrifices for our flag. maybe they're not here anymore so we stand in their place." and people around us would begin to stand because we did. sometimes people would come over and say "I never knew that about the color guard, thank you"

that huge flag is at half staff this week, as are those at the and the PDs and FDs, but most in town are not. SMH ...

My Arbys near me has the largest flag! They flew at half staff on Monday. I actually called the regional southeast Manager to express my gratitude for them doing it!

Nothing like positive reinforcement!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I know I could not do it because I cannot even pee around prisoners. :floorlaugh: Seriously, I once stopped at a rest area on the highway and went into the mens public restroom and walked up to a urinal and in comes a LE officer handcuffed to a prisoner. I was so freaked out, I could not go to the bathroom. I had to leave and pull off the side of the road and go in the bushes. True story.

And did another law enforcement officer pull over and arrest you for indecent exposure! :D

Pardon me but I seriously can't imagine spending time complaining about flags. You could also look at it as "at least they fly one", maybe this is why so many don't.

:gasp: :thud:

Legally innocent and "not guilty" are the same thing. True my wording was not correct, but really, it is just a matter of semantics.

That in all honesty is beside the point. No proof has been offered other then pictures and second hand accounts. I am NOT saying these boys are innocent, in fact, I don't think they are, yet, we haven't seen forensic proof they are guilty as of yet either.

I disagree that it is semantics on my end. it is a strong belief.

Not guilty from a legal standpoint as a result in a court of law is not the same as innocent.

that is my opinion and we just disagree.

I disagree that it is semantics on my end. it is a strong belief.

Not guilty from a legal standpoint as a result in a court of law is not the same as innocent.

that is my opinion and we just disagree.

I could be wrong, but I think this can be seen in OJ Simpson's case. He was found 'not guilty' from a legal standpoint in the criminal case because of the existence of reasonable doubt. However, in the civil case he was not innocent. He was found liable for the wrongful death in the civil case.

I could be wrong, but I think this can be seen in OJ Simpson's case. He was found 'not guilty' from a legal standpoint in the criminal case because of the existence of reasonable doubt. However, in the civil case he was not innocent. He was found liable for the wrongful death in the civil case.

:D even better example as I was only thinking of Casey Anthony. legal definition of vs opinion definition is very different! Thank you for pointing out legal!

I read that the reason why there weren't more deaths, and why many injuries dealt with the lower extremities had to do with the backpack being on the ground and how the bomb was built. I am wondering if their intention was to create a lifetime of pain for many people than it was to kill many people instantly. They did research, they planned this, the older brother was doing who knows what in Chechnya. They had to think about where to place the bomb, how exactly to construct it, etc. Not to mention, the fact that that this happened at a race and many people lost their legs.

Curious to know how many staff at the hospital were questioned as to whether they would have a problem giving him care. This happened in New Orleans when Derrick Todd Lee had to have a pacemaker inserted. Staff was questioned to determine who could and could not care for him. (he was the Baton Rouge Serial Killer, for those not familiar)

Huh, I find it strange that people even get the option. We I started my nursing degree, 13 years ago, our first lecture at uni was a law one, telling us that we had the obligation to treat any and all patients that came in. Regardless of what they have done or who they may be. We were told that if we couldn't do that, we were free to change degrees.

Huh, I find it strange that people even get the option. We I started my nursing degree, 13 years ago, our first lecture at uni was a law one, telling us that we had the obligation to treat any and all patients that came in. Regardless of what they have done or who they may be. We were told that if we couldn't do that, we were free to change degrees.

Tis the way it should be, IMO. I never want to know much of the past of the people I work with. I don't need my judgement clouded....and I have found out that I worked with several felons (1 with a violent record and one who had been incarcerated for rape). Slightly icky but it isn't my job to choose who to help and who not to help...I'm on shift and they come in going nuts- its part of my job to help my team take care of them. In the case of where I work, we don't get the luxury of cherry-picking who we accept and work with...we are always shorthanded and I daresay most hospitals are like this. Thats part of being in the medical field-you treat everyone, regardless of what they have done.
Politics, race, religion, sexual preference, criminal history all need to be left at the door when it comes to medical care. After people leave is when life resumes and in the case of a wanted criminal the justice system takes over.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Pardon me but I seriously can't imagine spending time complaining about flags. You could also look at it as "at least they fly one", maybe this is why so many don't.

Oh yes! I find the whole flag issue strange. But then, I our country it is a symbol, nothing more. After military parades they can be seen strewn all over the place and people who fly them at their house are consider a bit nutty (like old guys who have never gotten over the war, rascist bogans etc).

As for the picking up flags off the ground- nop way. I'd either actually be helping or fleeing for my life. Plus, what would I do with a blood soaked flag any way? Keep it as a gross momento? Put it in a rubbish bin? Incinerate it since its an infection issue? None of those seem at all appropriate.

I could go outside and burn our flag (our neighbours are all military) and there would be no more reaction than "she mustn't realise there is a high fire danger today". The fight for the country, not the flag. As long as the country is still here, the flag doesn't matter.

Must read!

Stories of the wounded in Boston Marathon bombing

http://news.yahoo.com/stories-wounded-boston-marathon-bombing-220631833.html

THANK YOU! Unfortunately, the victims have been put on the back burner, and the debate has ensued over the terrorists "rights". These two criminals (I personally believe there are more), have terrorized Boston for 5 days. Blew up innocent bystanders, who were simply watching a sporting event. I don't give a damn about their rights or what happens to them, other than to get more information and to try to prevent this again. The victims deserve our attention, yet they are lost in this tragedy. :cry:

I don't care about the terrorist age. He was old enough to plan and carry out a terrorist act. He was old enough to blow up innocent people. I can't believe how the media and others, are blaming the older brother. You make choices in life, his was to be a terrorist. He had experienced enough of the AMERICAN life, to know he could have become anything, done anything. He chose to be a terrorist. He wasn't forced to do it. He's a waste of a life now, other than to provide information to LE.

What about the victim's ages...some of which will never live another day? Did he care about their ages? No, he blew up the young, the elderly, random people, without a care in the world. Some of those people, young and old, will be forever maimed! The families, victims, friends, neighbors, LE, will never be the same. Boston will never be the same. Our entire country will never be the same. So many things happened today, like the Anniversary of the OKC bombings, yet nothing matters other than these two terrorists. It makes me ill.

I wish the media had to give the same coverage they do to the terrorists, to the victims and the heroes!! Nope, the terrorists get all the attention, and we wonder why these things happen. And no, I am not blaming the media, just sick of all the attention they give to criminals! :furious:

I'm going to go donate somewhere.....help the victims, not give power to these terrorists!

As the 8 year old victim, Martin Richard said..."No more hurting people. Peace."

THANK YOU! Unfortunately, the victims have been put on the back burner, and the debate has ensued over the terrorists "rights". These two criminals (I personally believe there are more), have terrorized Boston for 5 days. Blew up innocent bystanders, who were simply watching a sporting event. I don't give a damn about their rights or what happens to them, other than to get more information and to try to prevent this again. The victims deserve our attention, yet they are lost in this tragedy. :cry:

I don't care about the terrorist age. He was old enough to plan and carry out a terrorist act. He was old enough to blow up innocent people. I can't believe how the media and others, are blaming the older brother. You make choices in life, his was to be a terrorist. He had experienced enough of the AMERICAN life, to know he could have become anything, done anything. He chose to be a terrorist. He wasn't forced to do it. He's a waste of a life now, other than to provide information to LE.

What about the victim's ages...some of which will never live another day? Did he care about their ages? No, he blew up the young, the elderly, random people, without a care in the world. Some of those people, young and old, will be forever maimed! The families, victims, friends, neighbors, LE, will never be the same. Boston will never be the same. Our entire country will never be the same. So many things happened today, like the Anniversary of the OKC bombings, yet nothing matters other than these two terrorists. It makes me ill.

I wish the media had to give the same coverage they do to the terrorists, to the victims and the heroes!! Nope, the terrorists get all the attention, and we wonder why these things happen. And no, I am not blaming the media, just sick of all the attention they give to criminals! :furious:

I'm going to go donate somewhere.....help the victims, not give power to these terrorists!

As the 8 year old victim, Martin Richard said..."No more hurting people. Peace."

Thank you. ITA. Every time I feel any sympathy for the perp(s), I remember how one of then looked into the eyes of the man he proceeded to blow the legs off of. He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. Karma is a Bitc_!

That's right fruity. In the eyes of the law, a Not Guilty verdict does NOT equate to factually innocent. In criminal proceedings NG means the DA did not prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

In the US (not sure all states), for a person to be declared factually innocent, they would have to petition the courts for a "Declaration of Innocence". One case that comes to mind is Dr. Sam Sheppard, where even though he was ultimately declared "Not Guilty", his lawyer went on to petition for a "Declaration of Innocence as a Wrongfully Imprisoned Individual"

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/sheppard/sheppardpetition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member