Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are talking about "justice and answers" and are glad he was caught alive.

Let me just point out that A.B.B - the man who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011 - was caught alive and his "answers" didn't help anyone - more the opposite.

I think the western world will see more and more situations like this. There's a lot of hate in the world. Love each other!!

I thought the reports were they dragged/physically removed him from the boat, not that he got out on his own power. He had very little movement when they finally got him out.

I think perhaps people are confusing the surveillance photo of him getting into the boat, not out of it. He hadn't lost as much blood when he got into the boat, but he continued bleeding all day while they looked for him so he was very weak when they finally got him out. JMO, OMO, MOO, etc.

The caption underneath the Daily Mail article/picture.

Like I said on the previous page, it's not possible he's getting in. It was DAYLIGHT hen he entered the boat, and DARK when he lef tit. That photo was taken in the dark.

Daily Mail, the source known for its accuracy?

In this particular situation, none of the media was known for its accuracy over the past several days, so who knows.

I honestly don't believe this is tied to a larger cell. The deceased suspect seemed way to pompous and too much of a loose cannon (based on arrest record, behaviors, etc) to be used, IMO. I think they want people who will slide under the radar, not bring attention to themselves.

My general impression is that the older brother wanted to feel Important in some way. He tried it through various avenues that he felt gave him some sort of status: Boxing star, Olympic dreams, fancy clothes, expensive car, US passport, etc. His hopes of US citizenship may have been dashed with his domestic abuse charge.

I think he devised this plan completely on his own.

Does it show him getting out on his own or just sitting on the side?

The image caption states that it is a surveillance photo showing him getting into the boat, not out of it. He's clearly alone. JMO, OMO, MOO, etc.

No, it's not of him getting into the boat. Where are people even getting this idea? That's not what CBS said when they were showing this photo.

There were multiple reports and multiple accounts and as many alleged facts as the day is long. Every observaytion is welcome here. I am sure the FBI will set everyone straight shortly.

No, it's not of him getting into the boat. Where are people even getting this idea? That's not what CBS said when they were showing this photo.

Yea I agree, the daily mail caption is wrong. You can clearly see the tarp ripped in the picture, plus it is dark in the picture and there was still daylight when they found him.

I was going off a seperate report but it is obviously wrong if there is a pic of him getting out.

Of course, it's probably something to celebrate when MSM reports something correctly. Incorrect seems par for the course these days.

ETA: There is clearly a spotlight on the boat (from the chopper, the 'night sun'). This is when they found him.

Ahhhh....so he had been lying in the boat hurt and bleeding for several hours, getting weaker and more desperate.

In my mind that might explain how he ended up being captured, no adrenaline rush, no last minute fight, he was weak and the bravado had faded.

I don't know he had a gun fight with police when they first showed up...
[video=youtube;6WVgybiS40Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WVgybiS40Q[/video]

He had plenty of opportunities to kill himself. So apparently he had no desire to die.

Well there was probably no "urgency" from the standpoint that he was running and found a hiding place. When he was discovered the adrenaline rush was long over.

They say during hostage negotiations the first hour or so is the most critical time, if they can keep the hostage takers calm and keep them talking then the adrenaline goes down, they get tired, and they are less likely to go postal.

Probably the same principle applies here. Yes he had time, but he didn't want to die and when things came to "do or die" in that boat he was too tired to make a bold move.

They say he had lost a lot of blood and was "incoherent" when found by authorities.

Yea I agree, the daily mail caption is wrong. You can clearly see the tarp ripped in the picture, plus it is dark in the picture and there was still daylight when they found him.

I was going off a seperate report but it is obviously wrong if there is a pic of him getting out.

Of course, it's probably something to celebrate when MSM reports something correctly. Incorrect seems par for the course these days.

Here is the caption that is running with the photo:
This image, taken from a surveillance camera shows Dzhokhar Tsarnaev climbing into a boat Friday morning after a police gun battle. He was later found in the boat and captured

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-boat.html#ixzz2R11tWEQH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It is refreshing to see the family so willing to talk (and apparently they do like to talk!).

Compare that to the older brother's wife's family who says nothing and hides their faces. She says NOTHING??? How could she have NO CLUE?

Technically, they said more than "nothing". They did release a statement, which didn't reveal very much.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Family-of-suspect-s-wife-issues-statement/-/475880/19827150/-/75bt5dz/-/index.html

I saw a photo of their home in the Daily Mail. It was a nice, upper-middle class house. Their last name is an old New England name. So I'm not surprised they are keeping silent.

JMO

Well there was probably no "urgency" from the standpoint that he was running and found a hiding place. When he was discovered the adrenaline rush was long over.

They say during hostage negotiations the first hour or so is the most critical time, if they can keep the hostage takers calm and keep them talking then the adrenaline goes down, they get tired, and they are less likely to go postal.

Probably the same principle applies here.

He had a gun fight with police when discovered.

A 19 year old cannot legally obtain firearms in Mass...
New LTC applicants must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a Class “A” or Class “B” permit.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/education/hed/hed_gun_laws.htm

"New LTC applicants must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a Class “A” or Class “B” permit."

They had semi automatic weapons from what I recall.

Also from your link:

FIREARMS IDENTIFICATION CARD (FID): Permits the purchase, possession and carrying of non-large capacity rifles, shotguns and ammunition only.

New FID applicants must be at least 18 years old (or 15 – 17 years old with parental consent).

I honestly don't believe this is tied to a larger cell. The deceased suspect seemed way to pompous and too much of a loose canon (based on arrest record, behaviors, etc) to be used, IMO. I think they want people who will slide under the radar, not bring attention to themselves.

My general impression is that the older brother wanted to feel Important in some way. He tried it through various avenues that he felt gave him some sort of status: Boxing star, Olympic dreams, fancy clothes, expensive car, US passport, etc. His hopes of US citizenship may have been dashed with his domestic abuse charge.

I think he devised this plan completely on his own.

I agree belimom. I think he wanted to be rich and famous. He found out he was just going to have to become an ordinary working citizen in the land of Golden Dreams. Not understanding it just wasn't in his cards, nor millions of the rest of us.

He started hating America b/c he could not and started judging morally and probably financially. Unwilling to work hard to obtain more, (well, I guess I would fall into that category, I just work to pay the bills, not hard to get ahead or make a load of $$$).

I think he tried to disguise his own laziness and lack of motivation via religion. If he influenced the younger one I don't know. Probably, and the younger one not having enough experience to decide different does not excuse. He was old enough to know right from wrong. But, the family's own words show that this was a lifelong way of viewing things, so, there still is no excuse for either.

Also from your link:

FIREARMS IDENTIFICATION CARD (FID): Permits the purchase, possession and carrying of non-large capacity rifles, shotguns and ammunition only.

New FID applicants must be at least 18 years old (or 15 – 17 years old with parental consent).

And he was 19. He could have applied at 18 and purchase a bunch of guns legally.

Ahhhh....so he had been lying in the boat hurt and bleeding for several hours, getting weaker and more desperate.

In my mind that might explain how he ended up being captured, no adrenaline rush, no last minute fight, he was weak and the bravado had faded.

It seems he had been on the move tho. I did read that a vehicle was recovered with blood in it. And blood was found somewhere near where he hid in the boat. Behind another house I think. If those reports are accurate. When the suspect fired from the boat I'm not clear if LE intially returned gun fire briefly or not. For now I'm just going with the flash bangs as it would be a miracle he wasn't hit laying in that boat. Sooo many questions on the details. I'm sure it will all get clarified. For now it makes the most sense to me. I agree had they not found him when they did he would have died.

They are charging him with FOUR counts of murder?

Did another bombing victim die or are they considering the death of his brother another murder? Death during the commission of a felony? (sorry but I was out of the loop for 12 hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley