Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor said Tamerlan Tsarnaev *also briefly exchanged his *urban look for religious dress, a long white robe, and beard. But he also said the transformation came as soon as it went: Tamerlan Tsarnaev shaved the beard about a month after he grew it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...on-bombings/a5Iucv4ntQHgSvXchQqKOM/story.html

bbm, I wonder when this occurred.

I don't have a link but somewhere it said that he shaved it about a month ago - take it with a grain of salt

I can't stand her & don't trust her one bit. For this woman to say right away it was a set up & trying to cast a shadow on FBI, and considering what this idiot said about 9/11 - I wish she wasn't allowed in our country. It just doesn't seem right. :mad: & furthermore, I wish people would quit giving her air time.

What did she say about 9/11? Sorry thread is moving fast and I missed that part

When I first heard about wife, it was said 'she'd moved back home with her parents'. Now we are hearing wife still lived with husband, in fact she left baby with husband just hours before the shoot out night so she could go to work. So where was baby during shoot out night, Thursday. If wife had gone to work, leaving baby with older bro/husband, where was the baby during the shoot out? And how could wife not know bombs were being made in their apartment?

I'm kind of thinking its the way the media is editing. I thought she was living with her parents, with their child, but Tamerlan stayed home after she moved out. How could she have lived there with their child in that wretched mess? Is it possible the media reported the way is used to be as opposed to the way it is now more recently? I know what the lawyer said but some stuff doesn't make sense. If the wife lived there up until the time Tamerlan pulled this off, how would she not be under arrest as well? Wouldn't she be implicated in the same manner the other kids were that once shared a dorm or apartment with Dzhokar?

I was watching CNN, and I just looked up the mortar kit thing. Its like big fireworks. Would he have gotten it for gunpowder or blasting powder?

In any case, had I wanted to, I could have built a pressure cooker bomb. Its just not that complicated. Gathering the parts and putting it together, they aren't that sophisticated despite what some 'expert' said.

When I first heard about wife, it was said 'she'd moved back home with her parents'. Now we are hearing wife still lived with husband, in fact she left baby with husband just hours before the shoot out night so she could go to work. So where was baby during shoot out night, Thursday. If wife had gone to work, leaving baby with older bro/husband, where was the baby during the shoot out? And how could wife not know bombs were being made in their apartment?

Statements allegedly coming from the older brother's wife via her *attorney* are so convoluted that they defy logic & reason.

I think this attorney should refrain from making any further statements to the media. I read that he's a tort litigation attorney. If so, I doubt he has any experience in dealing with a criminal matter of this magnitude.

What did she say about 9/11? Sorry thread is moving fast and I missed that part

That its a conspiracy, an inside job & whatnot. She told that to the lady whose face she was massaging. Said a bunch of other stuff too.

Howya doin' danzn16? School going well? Thinking of ya...

Do NOT name people as possible terrorists UNLESS you have proof to back it up! You could lose your account privileges for good for doing that around here! :nono:

CNN ‏@CNN 4h

Dance instructor who lost foot in Boston bombing determined to dance again (from @AC360): http://on.cnn.com/11htKHg

As someone who also has 'professionally' needed her feet, I am hopeful for this gal.

That its a conspiracy, an inside job & whatnot. She told that to the lady whose face she was massaging. Said a bunch of other stuff too.

Howya doin' danzn16? School going well? Thinking of ya...

Thanks JG! It's going well, just busy, busy as always! :) nice to see you back around!!

Apparently it's now confirmed (in the pdf affidavit) that LE has video of DT setting bag down, manipulating his phone a bit, leaving without bag after explosion #1, and then detonation #2 at site where bag was. Probably as much as we're going to get, now.

Yes, I was aware that there was a video of DT placing the knapsack. But someone posted they SAW the video so I asked for the link to the video. I wanted to see the evidentiary video for myself.

I was watching CNN, and I just looked up the mortar kit thing. Its like big fireworks. Would he have gotten it for gunpowder or blasting powder?

In any case, had I wanted to, I could have built a pressure cooker bomb. Its just not that complicated. Gathering the parts and putting it together, they aren't that sophisticated despite what some 'expert' said.

According to all I've read the bomb itself is not complicated to contruct, with directions widely available on the Net.

The only somewhat sophisticated part mentioned was the "timing device."

Yes, I was aware that there was a video of DT placing the knapsack. But someone posted they SAW the video so I asked for the link to the video. I wanted to see the evidentiary video for myself.

Yes, I knew. :) Just agreeing with you we probably won't be seeing that video any time soon. But at least there's now confirmation they have it, and it shows what we expect it shows.

According to all I've read the bomb itself is not complicated to contruct, with directions widely available on the Net.

The only somewhat sophisticated part mentioned was the "timing device."

I watched one such video on making the pressure cooker bombs. It looks quite simple. Three ingredients dump into the cooker. Then set timer and kaboom. The only technically hard part was devising the timer. LE said that the timers used in the marathon bombings were more sophisticated than the norm, whatever that means.

Regarding TT and his wife's living situation....

North Kingston (where her parents house is) is only about an hr (slightly longer) from Cambridge/Watertown....not knowing where her homecare jobs were, they really could have been anywhere and everywhere in btwn.

Also I don't mean to sound like I'm generalizing...but as someone who has first hand knowledge of father roles in patriacrchial Muslim homes....I have a really really hard time believing that TT was raining his own kid 70-80 hrs a week. She was not quite 3, likely still in diapers and I just have a really hard time think TT was the one diapering this child. In m experience dads in similar cultures are loving and fun sometimes, but not exactly hands on. I could be SO wrong, but I'm serious just not buying it.

Regarding the moms shop lifting....

For what its worth....She stole from lord and Taylor's at a mall in natick. A mall that you can't get to with public transportation. And a wall that is about a 20-25 min drive to Cambridge/Watertown. It is also a pretty upscale mall....lord and Taylor is one of its more "run down" department stores because its in the old section of the mall. The mall also has Neimans, and nordstroms....and Gucci, and Tiffany's, and Burberry and the list goes on and on. I'm guessing she picked lord and Taylor because everytime you go in there there only seems to be about 4 people working, and she thought it was her best chance at not getting caught. Also betting she felt she wouldn't get recognized because it wasnt near her home. But I do wonder if she had driven herself there...and if she had a car if one of her boys was given that car when she went back to Russia. Or if it was taken to pay off her court fees.

Maybe she thought he was going into the pressure cooking caterering business??
Seriously, if she's the one making the money, how is he getting any money without asking her for it. Did she not notice he bought fireworks while she's working as a home health aid?!!!

CNN ‏@CNN 4h

Dance instructor who lost foot in Boston bombing determined to dance again (from @AC360): http://on.cnn.com/11htKHg

As someone who also has 'professionally' needed her feet, I am hopeful for this gal.

I watched an interview with her & she's truly an inspiration to all. She said she's determined to run the marathon next year. She was smiling & he husband was with her. Such a lovely couple!

I watched one such video on making the pressure cooker bombs. It looks quite simple. Three ingredients dump into the cooker. Then set timer and kaboom. The only technically hard part was devising the timer. LE said that the timers used in the marathon bombings were more sophisticated than the norm, whatever that means.
Well, from the remnants of at least one of the bombs, we know they used a remote control device from a toy car as part of the bomb. From the complaint filed against Dzhokhar and the description of the use of cell phones, it is possible that a cell phone call was the trigger. Just a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500