Th Denies having anything to do with Kyron's disappearance...??

Maybe Terri herself did.

Just goes to show that she was willing and able to speak with the media if she wanted to. Even *if* Kaine told her not to - she still spoke to them. If she wanted to say she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance - she could have.

Yeah, but all she talked about with that reporter was her lawn/ property. She said she did not want to comment on missing Kyron.

So shes willing to speak to media but only about innane things? She couldn't have said, please print that I am innocent and want my step son back so bad...

Can I have a link to someone saying Terri is a narcissist? Thanks!

Can I have a link to someone saying Terri is a narcissist? Thanks!

I haven't seen any diagnosis that Terri's been given. Even with the PPD that Kaine's talked about, in the 25 minute audio interview with Oregonian, he says that was not diagnosed, he doesn't even know what kind of medication she was taking.

Yeah, but all she talked about with that reporter was her lawn/ property. She said she did not want to comment on missing Kyron.

So shes willing to speak to media but only about innane things? She couldn't have said, please print that I am innocent and want my step son back so bad...

Do you have a link to that article where Terri says she didn't want to comment on missing Kyron?

TIA

Personally, I suspect that the pcs were orchestrated or directed by LE and they already had her in their sights. From what KH and DY now say, the atmosphere in the house must have been toxic. By her own admission, DY suspected TH from the moment she learned Kyron was missing. I'm sure she shared that feeling with KH and I know that had to affect everyone's behavior toward TH, whether consciously or not.

They weren't just going to suspect her out of the clear blue sky, without reason! There must have been many reasons they suspected her. Heck, I suspect her!

As for saying that Kaine was controlling...we do not know this. We do not know that LE didn't tell them what to do in those first pressers. The controlling issue does not fit in with Terri doing whatever she wants during the day. She was definitely not a controlled person, so I really just do not get that argument at all.

Respectfully, I suspected Terri when LE told the public that very first day or the day after that the public had nothing to fear in regards to their own children- which said to me "we know who dd this". I got my first hinky feeling then, and TH's strange body language and behavior at the pressers, then the info about the "real" Terri Horman surfaced like a snowball rolling down a hill.
They have opportunity, and means, all they do not have is motive, concerning Terri. I think we will eventually find out about motive, and after all I have already read and heard from KH and DY, it will probably not surprise me at all. JMO

The thing that bothers me about her interview with this reporter was not the fact that she did not proclaim her innocence, nor the fact that she didn't want to talk about the case, what bothered me that, not that I recall, did she say that her heart was breaking that she was praying for his return and she misses him terribly. That is a far cry from talking about the case.

Oh, and to add to that, Kaine said he didn't know how Terri spent most of her days. You would think a "control freak" would know. I have lived with a control freak...he would call me on each break, to make sure he knew where I was!

Not to be too OT but my husband is a BIG control freak and always has been. Some people (women) would find it annoying and possibly not be able to live with it but its part of his persona and I have learned to "deal" with it. He, however, has NEVER tried to control where I go and what I do and when I do go somewhere he doesn't know where I am going unless I tell him. But as far as in the house, he is very anal/ OCD about many things. If I rearrange the stuff on our kitchen countertops differently, move the coffeepot to the other side of the kitchen for example or the microwave, I will come back home and find he has moved it back. He's controlling about people wearing shoes in the house, and very freaked out about our hardwood floors that they do not get scratched up. I can understand part of it. Hes anal about making sure the doors to the outside are locked at all times. Day and Night. And particular the living room curtains are always closed at night and even makes sure there are no cracks where anyone could look in. I am like ???, but its part of who he is. Hes controlling but I think its his OCD that makes him that way. Maybe Kaine isn't OCD???. JMO

Of course, no one can make "diagnoses" of any personality disorder from media reports...but rather than attempt to say that Terri is narcissistic, I'll just state my opinion that I do not believe shyness or an introverted personality keeps her from making any statements about Kyron.

Participants in Body-Building contests IMO are not culled from the ranks of shrinking violets who shy way from a spotlight or attention. If she could get up on a stage and pose in front of many people and compete, she has a certain goodly degree of confidence and courage IMO.

Sending intimate photos of oneself to a new acquaintance (as both Kaine and the recipient I believe have stated) also take a certain amount of "self confidence" and again...IMO... even courage-to-the-point-of-recklessness.

Even the Bat-phone scam indicates a self-confidence that LE can be fooled and courage to go ahead while an intense investigation is swirling around you and give fooling LS a try.

These are reasons Terri's silence and some of her other actions confuse me.

I missed where it was stated that Kaine is OCD and/or controlling. Please enlighten me. Thanks! :blowkiss:

Is that the same presser where Kaine also addressed the media while Desiree was quiet?

Yes, but the issue isn't whether Desiree was silent at the presser (she's spoken out plenty since then). The issue was whether Kaine communicated with the public early on or whether he was opposed to the family saying anything in public, and the presser was an example of a time that he spoke out.

Yes, but the issue isn't whether Desiree was silent at the presser (she's spoken out plenty since then). The issue was whether Kaine communicated with the public early on or whether he was opposed to the family saying anything in public, and the presser was an example of a time that he spoke out.

I must have misunderstood then, since it appeared people were justifying a belief in Terri's guilt because she didn't talk in the presser.

So would I, and if Terri is as narcissistic as people say she is I can't imagine how she can hold back from letting the public know she had nothing to do with this, if indeed she didn't. I am wondering if she is keeping silent because she knows there is so much evidence against her (other than physical evidence) that its in her own best interest to stay out of sight as much as possible, keep a neutral expression on her face, not speak a word to the media even if they are in her face (the parking garage incident for example) and lay low. So I surmise she IS guilty, a narcissist who was truly innocent I would think would be screaming to the media "I am innocent!! " then repeat her story of events of that day that prove shes innocent. Her story of what she did and where she was stinks, and I think she knows it. For someone who is supposed to be such a practiced liar, her lies sure are BAD ones.

JMO

my guess would be that she was getting her strokes from her cell phone posse and MC, her parents, and possibly even her lawyer. Strong doses of pity, sympathy and outrage from even a small number of close associates and family would most likely be sufficient, imo. Especially if others outside that circle are perceived as not likely to respond in kind. Also, the tone of TH's public anonymous comments show disdain and dismissal, not defensiveness or explanation, imo. jmoo

I would be very interested in TH's pscyh. eval. Not that I ever expect to have that opportunity.

Thanks ami. I should have clarified that I was looking for a professional diagnosis, not someone's thoughts based on their feelings.

Moving on now.

meh...narcissism wasn't even in the DSM until 1980. Yet, The concept of excessive selfishness has been recognized throughout history. In ancient Greece the concept was understood as hubris.

I think requiring a medical dx to talk about whether someone is possibly a narcissist is...well, I can't think of just the right word, but I'll use unnecessary. Since practically the beginning of time, regular folks have been able to recognize what we now call narcissism without a formal diagnosis, and have discussed it as such.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism[/ame]

If Terri had said she was innocent, how many people convinced she was involved would simply say, "Oh my bad!" and believe her?

It might be too late to improve her image now and I think a lot of people are going to require evidence that somebody else did it to stop suspecting her.
But her image wasn't set in stone in the beginning and there was a time when fewer people were convinced she did it. I think that there could be a bigger crowd on the fence if she had appeared in a few interviews at that time, (before the RO, before the MFH suspicion, before the Sextgate, before the phones under fake names) looking genuinely like a grieving, worried stepmother who doesn't know what happened to Kyron and making appeals, talking about her worry and love for Kyron, asking a few questions about school safety etc. Of course there is no pleasing everybody and I'm sure some people would have found things to complain about any appearance of hers but often genuine emotions have a way of projecting themselves and a lot of people would have been convinced or reassured about her.

It worked for KH and DY anyway, as far as my opinions are concerned. I wasn't sure about any of them in the beginning, when the family stayed out of the media. It might have been a situation in which the non-custodial part of the family took the child. Then I thought maybe not when DY appeared in that first presser and looked devastated to me. The stepmom's body language stood out to me but KH somehow did too, I thought he knew something he wasn't saying and the email he supposedly sent made me feel like he might have something to hide. Then their later appearances and the revelations made me think that the something to hide might be connected to suspecting Terri.

But if Terri had given an interview appearing to fake it it could have worked against her, for sure. (It is somewhat in the eye of the beholder but there are some real clues that people can pick up on, more or less consciously.)

I don't think it would have mattered what she did early on. NONE of the other parents were speaking out until the 25th, when Kaine and Desiree did their interview. But Terri was the only one drug over the coals for not talking to the media. Kaine went to the gym with Terri, but she's the one who was crucified for doing so. It's even come out that he attends the gym regularly since then, yet those who trashed Terri for daring to consider going to the gym while her stepson is missing, have said not a work about Kaine doing the same while his son is missing. Etc., etc.

There isn't anything she could do that wouldn't be torn apart by those convinced she is guilty, and nothing she could do or say that would make them believe she's not.

I don't think it would have mattered what she did early on. NONE of the other parents were speaking out until the 25th, when Kaine and Desiree did their interview. But Terri was the only one drug over the coals for not talking to the media. Kaine went to the gym with Terri, but she's the one who was crucified for doing so. It's even come out that he attends the gym regularly since then, yet those who trashed Terri for daring to consider going to the gym while her stepson is missing, have said not a work about Kaine doing the same while his son is missing. Etc., etc.

There isn't anything she could do that wouldn't be torn apart by those convinced she is guilty, and nothing she could do or say that would make them believe she's not.

Bears repeating.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie