THC in Trayvon's system

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

I don't think it's that farfetched. When viewed in conjunction with the other evidence, it shows a pattern of behavior. After all, people are making a big deal that GZ carried two flashlights as if that is indicative of, well, I really don't know what it could be indicative of.

JMO, OMO, and MOO.

What violent behavior is owning a lighter indicative of?

The two flashlights thing is not really a big deal, but it does perhaps suggest that he was "into" police gear or something. Or perhaps not. He was the neighborhood watch guy, so carrying a flashlight or even two is not exactly surprising.

Here a couple items that may give people a frame of reference:

THC levels above 3.5-5 ng/ml indicate impairment in drivers. However, no impairment was found at the 1-2 ng/ml level, which is what Trayvon registered on his blood screen.

The presence of THC indicates recent (less than 24 hours), but chronic users can show 1-2 ng/ml for up to a week after use. The 183pg report claimed Trayvon had been in Sanford for 7 days fwiw.

BTW, I know Trayvon didn't drive I'm just trying to provide a context. This information I found (which I'm scared to link based on above msg) did not indicate what constitutes a chronic user.
The positive screen is being spun hard by both sides, including a lot of folks who don't understand/acknowledge the difference between a blood and a urine screen. But it appears either
A) TM smoked often enough to have THC in his blood a week later OR
B) TM had smoked at some point after arriving in Sanford, where he was staying due to a 10 day school suspension for pot.
Hard to see how either of those two options benefits the prosecution. It my be bad, or neutral, but its not helpful at all.

It's a huge gift to the prosecution.

Zimmerman started this drama by reporting to the police that Trayvon was on drugs and was DEFINATELY messed up. Now we can conclude that this report was a lie.

It's a huge gift to the prosecution.

Zimmerman started this drama by reporting to the police that Trayvon was on drugs and was DEFINATELY messed up. Now we can conclude that this report was a lie.

Well, I think GZ said 'like he's on drugs or something' which is implying erratic behavior but is a far cry from "definitely messed up".

BBM in blue.
What could the defense possibly say that would make this obvious trace amount "a big deal"?

They will attempt to show that TM was a "drug user" and therefore that GZ's profiling of him was not racially motivated but rather, on target as someone worthy of suspicion. "he looks like he is on drugs" (Paraphrased)

MOO

TM's THC levels in the autopsy are irrelevant but a defense attorney is going to have to pull out all the stops in order to undo the public perception already in place about GZ and his motivations that night.

MOO

no................

There was only two times where he mentioned anything about drugs. This was the other:

Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

"Something’s wrong with him. "...........my bad. He didn't say definately. I would have sworn he did.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

Well, I think GZ said 'like he's on drugs or something' which is implying erratic behavior but is a far cry from "definitely messed up".

Being high on pot - IF he, indeed, was high on pot that evening and I'm not convinced he was - would equate somehow to "erratic behaviour"??

"Something’s wrong with him. "...........my bad. He didn't say definately. I would have sworn he did.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

When I read your message I thought 'oh yeah he did say that'! So no need to apologize. The Wikipedia transcript includes this:

"He's [unintelligible], he was just staring..."

Maybe that was where it occurred?

Being high on pot - IF he, indeed, was high on pot that evening and I'm not convinced he was - would equate somehow to "erratic behaviour"??

How you got that out of what I wrote is beyond me. I don't want to be the nasty guy on the internet board, but I literally have no idea how to respond to this.

I think GZ said "definately messed up".

You know, this is weird because I could have sworn the first time I heard the tape of Zimmerman's call I heard the words "He's definitely messed up." I would have bet the farm on it and I've listened to the tape since and I don't hear it. It doesn't seem possible that we BOTH imagined this.

You know, this is weird because I could have sworn the first time I heard the tape of Zimmerman's call I heard the words "He's definitely messed up." I would have bet the farm on it and I've listened to the tape since and I don't hear it. It doesn't seem possible that we BOTH imagined this.

It's been quoted in the msm as "definitely messed up". Of course that doesn't mean much in this case lol

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-21/news/ct-oped-0321-page-20120321_1_law-grand-jury-dispatcher

eta: actually, its quoted that way ALL OVER the msm. I haven't listened to the full call again, though.

It's been quoted in the msm as "definitely messed up". Of course that doesn't mean much in this case lol

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-21/news/ct-oped-0321-page-20120321_1_law-grand-jury-dispatcher

eta: actually, its quoted that way ALL OVER the msm. I haven't listened to the full call again, though.

I'm still thinking this is weird. I can hear his voice in my head and I remember thinking, he's really emphasizing that point but he's not saying why he thinks it. I can't think of any possible reason to cut it out, it doesn't add either to the defense or the prosecution perspectives but I really think it's was there and now it's gone. I think it was about one minute second seconds in just after "there's something wrong with him."

I'm still thinking this is weird. I can hear his voice in my head and I remember thinking, he's really emphasizing that point but he's not saying why he thinks it. I can't think of any possible reason to cut it out, it doesn't add either to the defense or the prosecution perspectives but I really think it's was there and now it's gone. I think it was about one minute second seconds in just after "there's something wrong with him."

The abc article about it quotes it this way:

On one call to a non-emergency dispatch number, according to Julison, Zimmerman says, "He's checking me out," and then, "This guy looks like he's on drugs, he's definitely messed up."

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department ...
GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this real suspicious guy, uh, Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something — It's raining, he's just walking around, looking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500