The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as him initiating the topic, trying to take ownership of the conversation and be seen as being 'proactive'.
-to avoid answering tricky questions later on ( he was 'proactive',therefore 'innocent',already had addressed shaving cuts to 'everyone' at the house,acknowledging their suspicions because he was 'aware')
- Coming out about affairs to employees and then lecturing them about their own relationships is G trying to gain favor and or intimidate staff that were less adventurous.
It is all about him and it is really self centered.
Classic psycho narcissist behavior
How did he become this way?
Anyone?

I believe his parents have alot to answer for .......

Who knows?? He's probably had someone/people ( parents/siblings ) covering for him all his life. Never told NO. Believes he's the best & deserves the best & no one is to question him or " take him to task".

I can bring some untainted jurors who have never heard of this case-SCOUTS HONOUR!!
Olli, Makara, poss, breaking, unfolding, Doc, Ali we need five others. No payment required. :happydance:

Pick me pick me pick me :thinking:

I believe his parents have alo.t to answer for .......

Who knows?? He's probably had someone/people ( parents/siblings ) covering for him all his life. Never told NO. Believes he's the best & deserves the best & no one is to question him or " take him to task".

Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. Quite sad in reflection... I wonder if he hadn't been put on the pedestal, not laden with expectation, would he have lived his life in such a way? Would Allison still be alive and thriving? Thank you

I believe his parents have alot to answer for .......

I too believe his parents have alot to answer for.

Always a contentious subject, as people love to say someone was 'born evil' or 'wired wrong', but I believe that nurture plays a HUGE role in the personality of the adult.

You can usually see the patterns played out in the family system as a whole. In my experience, adults who lack empathy and live lives of deceit did not grow up in homes that were emotionally healthy. They typically grow up in an emotional vacuum - no real depth of emotion in the home, alot of pretence, layers of lies, a focus on the externals in life rather than reflecting on the internal........the list could go on and on!

But that doesn't excuse anything that the adult then chooses to do. I don't see 'nurture' as a cop out or an excuse. More an explanation of how someone got to where they did.

We always have choice - at any point in our life. We're always free to break the family patterns......but it takes a lot of courage to take that path.

And courage is one thing - amongst many noble qualities - that GBC is lacking!!! He just stuck blindly to the script.:facepalm:

News Talk 4BC 1116 ‏@NewsTalk4BC 1m

#badenclay appeal was mostly on the grounds of the conduct of the judge says Justin Quill at Kelly Hazel Quill Lawers.

Oh so its the Judges fault now :banghead:

Zactly !!! GBC true to form, Amee.......... unfreakenbelievable

???????????????

I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion MRSA and do so graciously. My opinion is in Australia, Jurors do take this job very seriously.

In South Africa there is not a Jury for trial, only a Judge and 2 Senior Counsel at each side of the Judge for guidance and advice. So much so that they can over rule the Judge too.

You 'josh' surely tosser

But that doesn't make sense given your previous statement

I have to come out of lurking mode before this becomes a mob burning ….

I believe that MRSA was being a little tongue-in-cheek (which, if you look at his/her previous posts, is not unusual). His/her point was that you can't actually have a verdict of 'murder'. A verdict can only be 'guilty' or 'not guilty'. But he/she still thought that GBC was guilty. Murder was the charge, not the verdict. The verdict was guilty. OK? Everyone take a deep breath now, and shake hands .…. :)

If I was a betting girl, I'd put money on MRSA being a lawyer. Or a pedant. :)

Pretty much.

Didn't think it was that obscure, but maybe there's no room for subtlety on Websleuths?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much.

Didn't think it was that obscure, but maybe there's no room for subtlety on Websleuths?

Perhaps just not when emotions are running high. :)

I have to come out of lurking mode before this becomes a mob burning ….

I believe that MRSA was being a little tongue-in-cheek (which, if you look at his/her previous posts, is not unusual). His/her point was that you can't actually have a verdict of 'murder'. A verdict can only be 'guilty' or 'not guilty'. But he/she still thought that GBC was guilty. Murder was the charge, not the verdict. The verdict was guilty. OK? Everyone take a deep breath now, and shake hands .…. :)

If I was a betting girl, I'd put money on MRSA being a lawyer. Or a pedant. :)

Yeah we worked it out quickly, so fanx
So if not a lawyer...not a Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus, either....tee hee

Gerard wasted no time. The woman found in the mud had not been formally identified when he put in a claim on his wife’s life insurance - worth nearly $1 million.

But there could be no payout without a death certificate. A second call was made. To the State Coroner’s office. He needed a death certificate. And put a rush on it.

Pretty much.

Nah.... Just night-time after a long day ....that is why all the ?????????? in my post...but we worked it out likitisplit...kept us on our toes :thinking:

Gerard Baden-Clay wept and trembled as the mother of his murdered wife told him exactly what he'd stolen from his three young daughters.

The 43-year-old showed little emotion in the Brisbane Supreme Court as he was convicted of murdering his wife Allison in April 2012.

But his composure crumbled when Allison's mother seized her moment to tell him just what he'd taken from his own children.

On ya Mrs Dickie. It takes a woman to do a man's job. :whip2:

:grouphug:
:grouphug:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/24469827/secrets-from-within-the-broken-baden-clay-marriage/

I too believe his parents have alot to answer for.

Always a contentious subject, as people love to say someone was 'born evil' or 'wired wrong', but I believe that nurture plays a HUGE role in the personality of the adult.

You can usually see the patterns played out in the family system as a whole. In my experience, adults who lack empathy and live lives of deceit did not grow up in homes that were emotionally healthy. They typically grow up in an emotional vacuum - no real depth of emotion in the home, alot of pretence, layers of lies, a focus on the externals in life rather than reflecting on the internal........the list could go on and on!

But that doesn't excuse anything that the adult then chooses to do. I don't see 'nurture' as a cop out or an excuse. More an explanation of how someone got to where they did.

We always have choice - at any point in our life. We're always free to break the family patterns......but it takes a lot of courage to take that path.

And courage is one thing - amongst many noble qualities - that GBC is lacking!!! He just stuck blindly to the script.:facepalm:

Well said..Very well said!

Gerard wasted no time. The woman found in the mud had not been formally identified when he put in a claim on his wife’s life insurance - worth nearly $1 million.

But there could be no payout without a death certificate. A second call was made. To the State Coroner’s office. He needed a death certificate. And put a rush on it.

I was in court the day GBC was under cross-examination by TF. I posted about this at the time but for me it remains one of the most telling moments -- I am absolutely convinced he came very close to slipping-up when distinguishing between when he knew a body had been found and when he knew for sure it was Allison's body. He said he "knew a body had been found and it was at ..." but seemed to quickly back track to add "was at that meeting" (where he was when told the body had been found). For a fleeting moment I truly thought he was going to say "it was at Kohlo Creek" so of course it was Allison. The jury got to see and hear all these nuances that aren't revealed in the written transcripts.

One of the biggest problems in the world ( maybe slight over exaggeration ) is that a lot of people are just sooooo selfish. It's all about ME attitude!!!

I see it all the time working in emergency............."I was here before that person & why haven't I been seen yet with my runny nose, cough, sore leg that I've had for months etc !! " No compassion or understanding for anyone else.

I've even had patients, who have come to us while we are resuscitating another patient ( yep walked into the resus bay ) to complain about not being seen yet......when explained that we are trying to save someones life........they still don't get it!

The world would be a better place if people weren't so selfish & self centered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592