the argument between Patsy and JonBenet

rashomon said:
I think it would fit in case JB belonged to that group of children which show 'too little boundaries' after being exposed to chronic abuse. I also find the woman's statement interesting (I can't remember who it was at the moment) who felt disturbed when seeing how 'sexualized' JB behaved.
And didn't the majority of medical experts agree that JB had suffered from chronic sexual abuse (among them Dr. McCann, a world-renowned expert)?
I agree with you Rashomon, and I think JB was sexually abused. Madonna and LaToya Jackson are prime examples of women who were sexually abused who show no boundaries. It fits, when you get used to someone dealing with your private areas, that she would think nothing of asking anyone to wipe her.

LinasK said:
I agree with you Rashomon, and I think JB was sexually abused. Madonna and LaToya Jackson are prime examples of women who were sexually abused who show no boundaries. It fits, when you get used to someone dealing with your private areas, that she would think nothing of asking anyone to wipe her.

I disagree with only my experience. As a young child I was seeking any approval. I was always hoping someone would love me. If I told than that meant my folks had to deal. My folks have never been able to deal. So, I kept quiet.

I never asked anyone to help with my private areas or expected that they would.Even the doctor who diagnosed my gonorhea at 10 months didn't say a word.It was docmented in my medical files that I retreived when I was in my 30's. It was all a big secret! Not to me though.

concernedperson said:
I disagree with only my experience. As a young child I was seeking any approval. I was always hoping someone would love me. If I told than that meant my folks had to deal. My folks have never been able to deal. So, I kept quiet.

I never asked anyone to help with my private areas or expected that they would.Even the doctor who diagnosed my gonorhea at 10 months didn't say a word.It was docmented in my medical files that I retreived when I was in my 30's. It was all a big secret! Not to me though.
Yes, CP, not to invalidate you, but as Rashomon posted earlier in this thread, there are 2 types of sexual abuse survivors- those that develop hyper-boundaries, and those that lose their boundaries. You were the type that kept it all in. No blame here, only compassion.:blowkiss:

LinasK said:
Yes, CP, not to invalidate you, but as Rashomon posted earlier in this thread, there are 2 types of sexual abuse survivors- those that develop hyper-boundaries, and those that lose their boundaries. You were the type that kept it all in. No blame here, only compassion.:blowkiss:

Except I didn't keep in all in later. I had some exceptional bad behavior when I didn't expect it.I did act out. I did do some things I regretted. It was all sexual....and it was much later than childhood.

So, I think it is a bifold. It either hits young or later but it will re-surface. You cannot have your childhood taken away and not have issues. It helps if you have support and if you don't, you wing it. The core always comes through even if it was muddied. Think Shasta Groene!

Bless all of you who have had to face this journey. It is something to recover from and share and hope that it prevents at least one child molestation.

Concernedperson
I am sorry for your obviously crappy childhood.....it makes me see red what some poor children have to go through.
Thank god my parents only ever showed me love and respect....I am one of the lucky ones :)

I don't know who was responsible for JBR's abuse, but definitely think there was some kind of abuse going on....
I don't think she would have needed 'silencing' though, alot of times that kind of stuff only comes out much later in life..
Do you think JBR was spunky enough to have threatened someone with 'I'm gonna tell' at age 6?

narlacat said:
Concernedperson
I am sorry for your obviously crappy childhood.....it makes me see red what some poor children have to go through.
Thank god my parents only ever showed me love and respect....I am one of the lucky ones :)

I don't know who was responsible for JBR's abuse, but definitely think there was some kind of abuse going on....
I don't think she would have needed 'silencing' though, alot of times that kind of stuff only comes out much later in life..
Do you think JBR was spunky enough to have threatened someone with 'I'm gonna tell' at age 6?

Yes, her pageantry enabled her to be a spotlight person. She may have thought that it protected her. She wasn't an adult and didn't have adult sensibilities. Her ego was trying to develop and didn't count on roadblocks.

Unfortunately, she was murdered for developing any future ego. This case sucks and will probably never be solved/justice for JBR. Just another child who goes by the wayside even though her parents were wealthy and could have/should have done more. But it doesn't help Jonbenet. I truly believe there are lots of child molesters on every corner and I truly believe that there are serial killers too.

But I also truly believe that this is a home grown case. JMO.

Dear God....Gonorrhea??? And at such an early age...my heart goes out to you.

I guess people who have not been sexually abused as children could only guess how other children would react to such a violation.

Bed wetting, defacating, hyper-sexuality are just a small list of symptoms abused children act out. It's kind of hard to tell at age six because children of that age become sexually curious.

LinasK said:
I didn't know that Madonna had been sexually abused too, but this would indeed explain a lot of her strange behavior.

Even the doctor who diagnosed my gonorhea at 10 months didn't say a word.It was docmented in my medical files that I retreived when I was in my 30's. It was all a big secret! Not to me though.
OMG, Concernedperson, it is heartbreaking to hear what you had to go through! The pediatrician who did not say anything should have been indicted. For a child having gonorrhea at 10 months could only have gotten it from sexual abuse, and it would have been his duty to report this.
I know about a horrible case in my neighborhood too where a father had abused his daughter from the age when she was an infant, but stopped when she was about three years old. He probably thought that she would not remember, and for many years this child seemed normal, went to school, had friends, appeared well adapted, etc. But she had remembered, and when becoming an adolescent, developed anorexia and tried to commit suicide. She got a therapy because of the suicide attempt, and it was only then when she finally was able to confide in the therapist and it all spilled out. This poor girl had kept this terrible burden to herself during all the years. My heart goes out to her and all the other victims, and I want to thank you, Concernedperson and all the posters who have shared their experiences. It helps to look behind the surface of things, and in terms of the JB case 'to think the unthinkable' - that JB could also have been the victim of prior sexual abuse.

And who knows what JonBenet's pediatrician Dr. Boef (just like your doctor) knew and did not say anything about because of simple cowardice.

According to Dr. Meyer, what remained of JB's hymen was a rim of tissue running from the 10 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position. (PMPT, p. 56).
A six-year-old child with her hymen mostly gone would point to sexual abuse, and the majority of medical experts agreed on that.
The 'explanation' offered by some pitbull Ramsey defenders on certain forums that bubble bath can erode a hymen is somewhat ridiculous and imo a lame attempt to direct the attention away from the truth.

rashomon said:
The 'explanation' offered by some pitbull Ramsey defenders on certain forums that bubble bath can erode a hymen is somewhat ridiculous and imo a lame attempt to direct the attention away from the truth.
How ridiculous! Bubble bath causes yeast infections, it doesn't erode hymens! It's not acidic.

They also put it down to her riding her bike, or her dancing moves...

narlacat said:
They also put it down to her riding her bike, or her dancing moves...

Oh, PULEASSEE!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back