The Backyard

I've read just about every post and I don't think I've seen this question answered. Erika Pratt, the neighbor, reported seeing little girls and pit bulls in the backyard when she peeked over the fence. The media is reporting that Jaycee's two dogs are a Rottweiler cross and a Lab cross. Might these be the same dogs? I guess they could be pit crosses and thus look similar to a pit bull. I wonder if LE has shown Erika photos of the dogs to see if she can identify them. If they are not the same dogs, one would have to ask where those pit bulls went. I also wonder how this "family" (I hate to use that word) was able to afford to feed two large dogs. It surprises me that PG and NG would allow anything "unnecessary" to stay around.

I've read just about every post and I don't think I've seen this question answered. Erika Pratt, the neighbor, reported seeing little girls and pit bulls in the backyard when she peeked over the fence. The media is reporting that Jaycee's two dogs are a Rottweiler cross and a Lab cross. Might these be the same dogs? I guess they could be pit crosses and thus look similar to a pit bull. I wonder if LE has shown Erika photos of the dogs to see if she can identify them. If they are not the same dogs, one would have to ask where those pit bulls went. I also wonder how this "family" (I hate to use that word) was able to afford to feed two large dogs. It surprises me that PG and NG would allow anything "unnecessary" to stay around.
A rottweiler mix could very well look like a pitbull to someone.

Dont you think the dogs where probably keep around to keep people from snooping around in the backyard.

Guard dogs were my first thought. However, the animal shelter folks caring for the dogs say they are socialized and very friendly so I doubt they were guard dogs. I wonder if CM and her husband might have visited at some point and brought their dogs. The media reported that there were guard dogs at their place of business. Usually, you don't go visiting or traveling around with guard dogs, though. Does anyone remember if the neighbor who reported the "parties" also mentioned dogs?

Also, Jaycee is reported to be waiting to have her four or five kitties returned. I find it very difficult to believe that the kitties would have been safe around pits who had been trained as guard dogs. Something doesn't add up.

They might be pits mixed with Lab and Rottweiler. Frequently they breed pits with Labs to try to tame their temperment. In my opinion, that ruins the Lab breed, and I'd never adopt one of those!

I don't know if this has been explored here or elsewhere, but do you think that Garrido would have rented and set up that storage locker if he didn't intend to use it NUMEROUS times in such scenarios?

I don't know if this has been explored here or elsewhere, but do you think that Garrido would have rented and set up that storage locker if he didn't intend to use it NUMEROUS times in such scenarios?

This is a very good question...when you look at the Garrido property, you can see that renting a storage locker would be an excercise in the ridiculous...what would they store? Garbage? they have plenty of it everywhere. Nothing is concealed and there is plenty room for more. So why a locker? for what?

This is a very good question...when you look at the Garrido property, you can see that renting a storage locker would be an excercise in the ridiculous...what would they store? Garbage? they have plenty of it everywhere. Nothing is concealed and there is plenty room for more. So why a locker? for what?

that area seems to have a "dont ask dont tell" policy going on

Maybe another torture chamber? Maybe a place to store "trophies"? Heaven would only know when it comes to pg.

I was under the impression that the storage locker was used by PG for playing and recording his music. Does anyone remember if any info has been released as to when he rented it? I remember reading about another man who rented a nearby unit. He said that he and PG used drugs together and talked about philosophy. I find it odd that people would be allowed to use storage units in that way. After all, that's not "storage". I don't think that's permitted any longer. Maybe now we know the reason for those rules.

I could see setting it up to practice his music, but that wouldn't include *advertiser censored*, handcuffs, or sex toys. So, your point is a good one. He must have either done it before or had future plans.

This would have been before he moved to his mother's house in Antioch. He moved there with NG when he got out of prison.

I was under the impression that the storage locker was used by PG for playing and recording his music. Does anyone remember if any info has been released as to when he rented it? I remember reading about another man who rented a nearby unit. He said that he and PG used drugs together and talked about philosophy. I find it odd that people would be allowed to use storage units in that way. After all, that's not "storage". I don't think that's permitted any longer. Maybe now we know the reason for those rules.

Not sure what storage locker you're referring to (the on in 1976 or is there another one?) but my husband and his brother rented a storage unit for many years for the explicit use of playing with their band. Apparently, other bands do this and it's quite common. They stopped about 10 years ago, but it could still be legal for all I know. My brother in law would hang out at the storage unit all the time because he was still living at home (late 20's) and wanted some privacy (he was a loner with no job or money). And he kept pets there, too! He had a large lizard and some other reptiles who lived there permanently, because the parents wouldn't allow it in the house.

Not sure what storage locker you're referring to (the on in 1976 or is there another one?) but my husband and his brother rented a storage unit for many years for the explicit use of playing with their band. Apparently, other bands do this and it's quite common. They stopped about 10 years ago, but it could still be legal for all I know. My brother in law would hang out at the storage unit all the time because he was still living at home (late 20's) and wanted some privacy (he was a loner with no job or money). And he kept pets there, too! He had a large lizard and some other reptiles who lived there permanently, because the parents wouldn't allow it in the house.

i doubt garrido was keeping pets there.
unless they were types of animals to devour his victims?

In the arrest report KC stated that she could hear music, a band practicing. pg may have rented the storage unit under the guise of using it to practice with his band (as he told his first wife, and may have actually practiced there), but obviously we know now, he used it for much more evil purposes than that. Also, I wonder if there were any other rape victims that had been brought there, raped, threatened and released. I find it hard to believe that KC would have been his only victim with all of the elaborate staging within the storage unit. Ick!!
Especially due to the fact that he had tried to kidnap a woman an hour before KC. That is very brazen, to pick another victim that same night, and could possibly been fueled by previous "successes".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back