The Bloody Sock

Hi guys, I have been gone a long time... I didn't realize that anyone was still chatting about Darlie??? Crack me up, I love it. I am always ready for the debate again, and Cami, I love that you sent me the VCR tape and I still have yet been able to watch it bcz my VCR puked out... I am still trying to find away to watch it hon... So let's talk about the sock?? To me it was always the one piece that kept my confused? The sock always suggested to me that possibly an intruder had been there and they were running down that alley and discarded the sock??? I still am not sure, however, I just have such a hard time believing that Darlie ran down an alley, dropped the sock and then came back and slit her throat?? Still doesn't exactly fit!! And most importantly SHE DID NOT DO ALL THIS HERSELF!!! Sorry, JMHO... Take Care All, Glad to be Back!! :waitasec: Ann

What a drag Anne! Do you know anyone who can convert it to a dvd? Do you speak German by any chance. LOL well you speak french so you might. This video is on Youtube but it's in German.

The sock to me is just a red herring, just an anomalie. If you saw the alley you would realize that noone could escape down that alley, it takes you further and further into the neighbourhood. The did it on Court TV one time.

The house were the sock was found was only three doors away so Darlie could not have expended much energy to get it there and with her adreneline flowing...well you get the picture. The reason everyone is stumped is due to the fact that we donèt know why she or even if Darin put that sock there.

Maybe she thought she threw it in the garbage that was there or the drain....she used that sock to cover the knife so she had to get rid of it because it had the boysè blood on it and how could that ever be explained when none of her blood was on itÉ I believe itès something she didnèt ecpect....that sheèd get blood on the sock.

just my rambling thoughts once again.

I really don't believe that the sock had anything to do with the murders at all. No one really knows how long it had been there. Darlie was getting ready for a garage sale and throwing out alot of things she wasn't going to sell. The amount of blood found on it makes it hard to say that it play any significant role in a murder and since they were young boys that get scrapes and cuts all the time and shared a room it would be easy for both of their blood types to be on it. Since Darlie would handle the dirty clothes her DNA would be on it to. I just think it was a piece of luck for the defence that a sock fell out of the trash. What a perfect way to screw up a timeline by saying she did not have the time to stash a sock, cut herself, cut a screen all before the EMS got there. JMO

I am convinced Darlie planted that before she cut her throat, and before she screamed, and before Darren woke up.

One of the boys kicked off their socks while watching tv. Darlie used it to cut the screen, and murder her boys. Then planted the sock. Darlie was certain that one sock would prove intruder.

She returns home. One of the boys is still alive. She panics, and I think that's when she stabbed again, and got blood on the back of her shirt.

She cuts her throat, she screams, she doesn't know whether to clean up, or bleed to death.

The rest we know... Her stories changed. Her behavior was not that of a grieving mother, but a mother with Munchhausen syndrome. That is until the day she was arrested. Since that day, she has done nothing but try to clear her name, not find the murderer of her children.

I have always been puzzled about that sock. I believe she planted it, but you have to wonder why she never considered that some one would have seen her that night running down the street in her nightgown either from a passing car or looking out the window.

Darlie and Inmate MacDonald.....two murderers that I would would talk!

I have always been puzzled about that sock. I believe she planted it, but you have to wonder why she never considered that some one would have seen her that night running down the street in her nightgown either from a passing car or looking out the window.

Darlie and Inmate MacDonald.....two murderers that I would would talk!

Well the location of the sock was in the alley behind the houses and all the houses had tall fences, so she wouldn't be running down the street persee but yes she was taking a chance someone would see her.

Oh two peas in a pod, those two. Murtagh was right when he guessed that Inmate would never sit quietly in prison doing his time. And neither will Darlie and never, ever will either of them admit guilt. But something in my opinion should really be done about MacDonald, he's been allowed to pepper the courts with useless appeals that go nowhere but the toilet for what 30 years now? The longest and most ligitated case in American history. Think of all the public money that has gone into his case when it's so clear to everyone but him that he's a mass murderer. The two of them are so phoney they make me sick.

The sock was placed there for misdirection, by a third accomplice. Who left the scene with evidence, probably though the cut screen window.

The sock was placed there for misdirection, by a third accomplice. Who left the scene with evidence, probably though the cut screen window.

Read the transcripts. There was no third person and no one went through that window. There was a layer of dust undisturbed on the window sill and no prints or blood anywhere near it so your theory is incorrect. Darlie's dna in the toe of that sock and the boys' blood only found on it.

Explain where the third person's dna is on that sock? Where is the evidence of a third person please. You don't go in someone's house without leaving something of yourself, however miniscule.

I think she used the sock to try to give an excuse as to why there would be no fingerprints on the knife. A sort of "back up" to her picking up the knife herself, because even if she did, you would think there would still be something there, unless, in her story of picking it up, she also ran her hands all over the handle.

If her "intruder" had the sock over his hand, that would in her mind most likely be the reason no other prints but hers would be found. By discarding it outside of the house, it would look like he stripped it from his hand and dropped it whilst fleeing, same as he did with the knife.

Of course, I also think it would have more blood if really used to hide prints from a perp, but then, I don't think there was a perp and she probably didn't even think there would need to be so much on it.

I think Darlie assumed that planting the sock would support her story of an intruder.I think she had also read about the Dallas intruder who used a sock to cover the mouths of his victims. Either way I think it was absolutely put there for staging reasons. I don't think it was used for anything else.

The only thing I can think of to explain her DNA in the tip is prehaps the sock was inside out when she found it and when she turned it in the right way her DNA transfered to the inside, or prehaps she did put it over her hand when she wiped it in a little of the boys blood.

Sorry I've not read up on this case and there are a lot of strings. Did they ever explain the sock found in the alley? I saw a special on t.v. and was shocked at the photos of the bruising on her arms. Both were black and blue covered with bruises. Since I recall back in TX that they said she had only superficial self inflicted wounds and minor bruising, seeing her arms covered in major bruises was quite a surprise. All that was self inflicted? And what about that sock?

Sorry I've not read up on this case and there are a lot of strings. Did they ever explain the sock found in the alley? I saw a special on t.v. and was shocked at the photos of the bruising on her arms. Both were black and blue covered with bruises. Since I recall back in TX that they said she had only superficial self inflicted wounds and minor bruising, seeing her arms covered in major bruises was quite a surprise. All that was self inflicted? And what about that sock?

No one has ever really explained the sock in the alley. I have my own theory, but I doubt it was tested for the person's DNA.

Her arms absolutely were black and blue, and she did not inflict the injuries on herself, IMO.

I am not very well liked with regard to this case because I do not believe that Darlie was the killer.. or maybe not the LONE killer in the household.
They got the wrong parent, IMO. I've always suspected " Let's burn the house down for the insurance money" Darrin more than Darile.

No one has ever really explained the sock in the alley. I have my own theory, but I doubt it was tested for the person's DNA.

Her arms absolutely were black and blue, and she did not inflict the injuries on herself, IMO.

I am not very well liked with regard to this case because I do not believe that Darlie was the killer.. or maybe not the LONE killer in the household.
They got the wrong parent, IMO. I've always suspected " Let's burn the house down for the insurance money" Darrin more than Darile.

yes you are!! :blowkiss: it'd be a boring world if we all thought the same stuff.
bbm

Hi SeekingJana, IIRC the inside of the sock did have Darlies DNA in it.
Yes, her arms were black and blue but I think it's because one of the boys was kicking for his life. No pun intended. I truely believe that's how she got those bruises.
I used to think Darlie was not guilty too because of the book and tv shows I watched, but I was directed to read the transcripts of the trial and I looked at the picture of the garage and low and behold no blood to be found anywhere. IMO Darlie did the deed and if she was going to blame Darin she would have done it years ago to be somewhat believed but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she suddenly pops up with pointing the finger at Darin pretty soon.

I was actually talking with a friend about this today. We had just moved not to far from them when this happened and everybody was scared. My friend believes she is innocent because of the sock and bruises on her arm. I believe she is guilty and she was kicked but still can't explain the sock. It seems hard to explain everything. So much points to her guilt but there are also thing hard to explain given the time line.

I would like to see more discussion on the sock. I don't think Darlie was astute enough to think a sock 3 houses down the alley would be found by the police who would then assume it was dropped by an intruder. It's just too obscure. And the rest of her fake "evidence" was bungled. Could she have been throwing away bloody paper towels that wiped out the sink after she washed her hands off there, tossing them and other damning evidence (maybe another knife) into the storm drain, and dropped the sock? If she used that sock over her hand to hide her fingerprints she would not want it found. It would make sense that she then returned home, found one boy still moving, stabbed him again, slashed her throat and then panicked because now there was too much blood to cover up. But the sock was laid out flat where it was easy to see, not balled up like it was dropped.

The 911 tape makes it clear that Darin found out about the murders while she was on the phone so he was not involved in any sock antics.

I haven't seen much discussion on the idea she was getting rid of evidence, not planting it. I would like to know what others think.

Okay so Darlie is new news to me. Ive heard of her but never really read about her till a few weeks ago. Been reading and reading and the one thing I'm curious about and can't seem to find a clear answer about is this.
The police officer who was on scene said that at one point Darin ran out of the house to go get help from a nurse who lived near by. What ever came of that? Did he actually have contact with the nurse? Is that what he did? Or would he have had the time to run and put the sock where it was found?

I think Darlie assumed that planting the sock would support her story of an intruder.I think she had also read about the Dallas intruder who used a sock to cover the mouths of his victims. Either way I think it was absolutely put there for staging reasons. I don't think it was used for anything else.

The only thing I can think of to explain her DNA in the tip is prehaps the sock was inside out when she found it and when she turned it in the right way her DNA transfered to the inside, or prehaps she did put it over her hand when she wiped it in a little of the boys blood.

I agree with this. The sock was pure staging, IMO. Although really, why would an intruder be carrying th sock as he ran off? Of course Darlie had no time to reason it all out. I think she just thought she needed something leading away fron the house and ran out and planted it. I don't think she "used" it during the murders. I think she planted it prior to cutting herself and calling 911.

I have always thought this case had so many similarities to the MacDonald killings. I wonder if Darlie had ever read about or perhaps saw a TV show (seems more like Darlie's speed) about them. Right down to wounding herself as he did.

I also agree that Darlie will never, ever tell the truth even on the day of her execution. I am not sure Darlie could even remember the whole truth any more she has told so many lies over the years.

Okay so Darlie is new news to me. Ive heard of her but never really read about her till a few weeks ago. Been reading and reading and the one thing I'm curious about and can't seem to find a clear answer about is this.
The police officer who was on scene said that at one point Darin ran out of the house to go get help from a nurse who lived near by. What ever came of that? Did he actually have contact with the nurse? Is that what he did? Or would he have had the time to run and put the sock where it was found?

I don't recall reading this but it's been some time since I read any of the books on this case.

At any rate, I do not believe Darin had any part in the murders or the staging. I think that it was very telling on the 911 call when she was "promising" Darin that there really was an intruder. I think Darrin "knew" at least on some level, as soon as he saw the scene that she had done it and I think he still knowingly tried to cover for her. But I do not believe he was actively involved in the deaths or the staging from that night.

I have wondered if Darlie had planned to be found lying in the alley unstabbed, claiming attempted rape, found with a bloody sock to gag her, but then decided the plan wouldn't work.

yeah but then there would he a trail of blood to the sock from the way she was bleeding. or there would be more blood on the sock. Seems to me someone with less blood on them would have had to of put the sock there. Unless if she put it there ahead of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back