The Booby Trapped Apartment

Maybe if the records will be unsealed tomorrow.

We may find out soon
WHY he led the cops to the apartment, the notebook and the stuff in the car.

One of my best friends in high school lived two houses away from the infamous Amity(ville) Horror House; I actually have been to the house because one of his friend's lived there. This was WAY after the mass murder there but from what I understand when the house went on the market the Realtors did everything possible to have the potential buyers go in blind without any knowledge of the events that occurred there. Long story short, the house interior was eventually gutted and the iconic outside of the house was completely altered and NY State enacted a law assuring buyers would be made aware of a home's history.

I used to live a few streets over on the bay, they did totally change the house

73ntci.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...from-apartment-murdering-numerous-individuals

JH's offical evication notice.
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/0809/20120809_023533_HolmesEvictionForm.PDF

I don't think they have enough locks on that door... Sadly, nothing that a cheap bolt cutter couldn't easily break...

I don't think they have enough locks on that door... Sadly, nothing that a cheap bolt cutter couldn't easily break...

Dunno...??....pretty much thinking the little red piece of tape will keep it shut ;)

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...s-officially-evicted-bed-and-clothing-removed

James Eagan Holmes has officially been evicted from his Aurora apartment and all of his belongings have been removed by his lawyers, the Adams County Sheriff's office said.
Default judgment for possession was granted Wednesday, meaning the unit is no longer a crime scene and will be available for rent at the landlord's discretion.
"There was still some personal property there, like clothing and his bed, but that was all recently removed by his public defenders," Adams County sheriff's spokesman Terrance O'Neill said.

JH's apartment is no longer a crime scene and will be available for rental, at the landlord's discretion. All JH's property has been removed. They sure went through that process PDQ, imo.

I'm kind of surprised to learn that all of JH's personal belongings have been removed by his attorneys. I would've thought his parents would've wanted to look through and possibly have some of it. MOO

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...s-officially-evicted-bed-and-clothing-removed

JH's apartment is no longer a crime scene and will be available for rental, at the landlord's discretion. All JH's property has been removed. They sure went through that process PDQ, imo.

I'm kind of surprised to learn that all of JH's personal belongings have been removed by his attorneys. I would've thought his parents would've wanted to look through and possibly have some of it. MOO

I am sure the parents will have it at some point after the case.
At least nobody will be saying they cleaned up and tossed it all out like the Anthony’s did. LOL

But I wonder how much the cops are keeping - they should be holding plenty of things too.
:moo:

[video=youtube;0RzMVB5o1lU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzMVB5o1lU&feature=plcp[/video]

The video uploader has this comments ( which i think made sense lol ) :
They say he had a trip wire set up accross the door. Ok, then how did he get out of the apartment after he set that up? He would've had to use a ladder to get out of his 3rd story apartment building.

Where's The Ladder? How Did James Holmes Get Out Of His Apt After He Set Up Trip Wire Across Door? - YouTube

The video uploader has this comments ( which i think made sense lol ) :
They say he had a trip wire set up accross the door. Ok, then how did he get out of the apartment after he set that up? He would've had to use a ladder to get out of his 3rd story apartment building.

Open door, step out. Partially Close door. Set wire. Close door.

Force of fully opening door again w/ wire set would set off the trip wire.

Closing the door is pushing the door towards the hallway away from trip wire.

It could also have been set to not be active for a few minutes (on a timer, the report from Chris Hansen said he saw blinking red lights and switches from the video of the apt he saw)

Opening the door pushes it towards the apartment, setting off the trip wire

www.washingtonpost.com/national/aur...mes-holmes/2012/07/21/gJQALMQJ0W_story_1.html

Excerpt:
In a hallway just inside the front door, a wire-filament tripwire was strung at waist height, according to a law enforcement source. The tripwire was connected to two containers of chemicals that, when mixed, could create an explosion.
The bomb squad disarmed the setup by sending in a robot that slipped beneath the tripwire and removed one of the bottles of liquid.

Depending on how high "waist height" is, my guess is that he simply ducked under the tripwire as the wire wasn't connected to the door.

www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationn...g-victims-identified-20120721,0,2718684.story
Excerpt:
‪Shortly after 11:30 a.m. local time, officials set off a controlled detonation inside the unit. An officer could be heard yelling "fire in the hole" and an explosion was heard about a block away.‬

Since the apt. is ready for renting, I wonder who fixed the damage from the controlled det?

Excerpt:
In a hallway just inside the front door, a wire-filament tripwire was strung at waist height, according to a law enforcement source. The tripwire was connected to two containers of chemicals that, when mixed, could create an explosion.
The bomb squad disarmed the setup by sending in a robot that slipped beneath the tripwire and removed one of the bottles of liquid.

Depending on how high "waist height" is, my guess is that he simply ducked under the tripwire as the wire wasn't connected to the door.

Strange that the girl who went upstairs to ask him to turn down the music never mentioned anything odd except that she almost opened the door...

February raises an interesting question I hadn't considered: how did he get out of the apartment....

Open door, step out. Partially Close door. Set wire. Close door.

Force of fully opening door again w/ wire set would set off the trip wire.

Closing the door is pushing the door towards the hallway away from trip wire.

It could also have been set to not be active for a few minutes (on a timer, the report from Chris Hansen said he saw blinking red lights and switches from the video of the apt he saw)

Opening the door pushes it towards the apartment, setting off the trip wire

newsleuther sounds like you've wired your apartment to go boom before... LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Strange that the girl who went upstairs to ask him to turn down the music never mentioned anything odd except that she almost opened the door...

February raises an interesting question I hadn't considered: how did he get out of the apartment....

My response was addressing February's question - I think he simply ducked under the tripwire and left the apt. through the front door…the trip wire wasn't connected to the door and was "in a hallway just inside the front door" - just inside could be more than the width of the door. The girl wouldn't notice anything because nothing was connected to the door.

My response was addressing February's question - I think he simply ducked under the tripwire and left the apt. through the front door…the trip wire wasn't connected to the door and was "in a hallway just inside the front door" - just inside could be more than the width of the door. The girl wouldn't notice anything because nothing was connected to the door.

News described the booby trapped apartment on this video, including how the wire was set-up from the door

[video=youtube;3ysNwRyg6kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ysNwRyg6kg[/video]

Hmm....if the setup was really like this video, it does look pretty tricky (if not impossible) to set up and just duck out...

I've been wondering about this for awhile (post #4 of this thread) and have yet to figure it out.

Puzzle me this.

-When arrested James Holmes was mute and from all accounts he has not talked to police.
-It has been reported that JH told police that his apt. was rigged with explosives.

Ok so if he expected to use the explosion as a diversion as some have speculated, why would he tell the police? If he meant to off the complaining neighbor why would he tell the police. Wouldnt he have believed that the explosives had already have been triggered? Is this all he told them? This just doesnt seem logical for a person bent on mass destruction to 'fess up to the explosives in his apt. Also, did he confess this because the police asked him? If so why would they ask this question other than "who are your accomplices, etc" Its almost 5 am and I have insomnia so my brain is working overtime. It just makes no sense especially when taken in light of the phone call to the hospital.

The strange thing I found was the neighbor that lived next door to him did not hear any music at all.

One thing I wonder.....did JH let it slip that he booby trapped his apartment? Maybe said something like" "did my apartment blow any of you up" or something like that to give his plan away.

I will have to look through all my links, but I do remember reading how the Swat came into the apartment building and there was a small explosion, then all the residents were removed. It was a resident saying that in some of the first interviews.

But Mr. Holmes’s neighbors did not seem to notice — Narender Dudee, who lived in an apartment next to his, did not even hear the loud techno music that blared from his rooms on the night of the shooting.

“I must have been in a deep sleep,” Mr. Dudee said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/u...d-news-about-james-holmes.html?pagewanted=all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back