The book "Do away with August"

Totally agree...almost everyone I ever knew who spent any substantial amount of time in jail, like more than a couple of months, went straight down the religion/God trail. It is one of the only things an inmate can cling to, an invisible hope that there is a God and that He WILL save them. It's not too much of a stretch for anyone to have made such a prophecy.

I don't, however, think that KC's religious kick goes further than skin deep. I think she has 2 uses for God.
1.) To impress/bond with her friend which had so obviously chosen to cling to religion
2.) To require God to do for her all of the things she finds promised there...to deliver her, to free her, to forgive her, etc and so on...

Sorry chick...it doesn't work that way.

ITA with everything you said, I feel exactly the same way.

I believe RA said in her statement that she first waved at KC. KC was the one who held up the book indicating there was a note inside. At least that is the way I understood it. Anyone else remember reading that????

Hi All
I have been away for 2 weeks and trying to read the letters and the threads...
but I wanted to chime in quickly.

http://www..com/2010/04/casey-anthony’s-pen-pal-tried-to-sell-jail-letters/comment-page-2/

"The book, “Let’s Do Away With August,” that Casey used to trade notes could have represented a nod to Caylee’s birthday.
The book itself is a collection of columns written by Nashville Tennessean journalist Elmer Hinton, whose weekly “Down To Earth” country narratives entertained readers for nearly 30 years. Hinton complained August was nature at her worst, doling out heat and stinging insects."

(I haven't read all the letters yet)
Does anyone here know Who chose to place the letters in this particular book or was it just a random choosing?

I am listening to the audio released today and I got the impression that KC picked the book up and mouthed or sign languaged to Robyn to pick up that book. Possibly she chose it for the distinctive cover or book color (as I can't imagine a dust jacket surviving) but the title had to have been an irony for her as well.

Pic of jacket cover. http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Fra...pictures.abebooks.com/XRTYBOOKS/595886656.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back