The car

Status
Not open for further replies.
also brought over from thread one on the cameras
~~~~~~~~

momto3kids
user_offline.gif

wufdude....I mentioned the cameras in high hopes that some footage could seal the deal on time and possibly who passed thru at certain hours. I know WRAL has a camera at Cary Pkwy&Holly Springs, Tryon&Cary Pkwy, and Tryon& Kildaire Farm. These are 3 intersections that are possible that were used. If these cameras don't help, maybe this person ran a red light and got that light to go off. My daughter got a red light ticket and there is absolutely no denying the footage they obtain.

again...brought over from thread one
````````````````
``````````````````````````

wufdude
user_offline.gif

Yes, the red light cameras take a photo of a vehicle as it passes through the intersection when it has a red signal.

The cameras that WRAL use for real-time coverage typically do not record the footage thus, they may not be of any use in trying to pinpoint the time that a vehicles may pass through the intersection. I may be wrong on this at this particular intersection and it would be a tremendous tool if so.

from thread one......momto3 points out that the store is
in one direction but the body was in the other direction so
the time stamp on any of these cameras would reflect the time
he alegedly was driving to the site with the body. She also
has personal knowledge of the store tape.

momto3kids
user_offline.gif

I am the one that told of the store run. My intersection concept was that perhaps it would show the vehicle going to the point where the body was found and not the store run. The store is in direction of her home and the body in another direction. I understand the video was clear without a shadow of doubt to what was purchased at the store.

OK Gang,

We do not know if the car was washed or not, but I suspect he cleaned in some manner (if he had anything to do with her disappearance, we must remember).

Magister and several others posted some information on car wash locations that were very accurate, and I happen to live quite near the location that was discussed at the intersection of Kildare Farm Road and Penny Road. I happened to be driving around a bit today, and took the time to visit that shopping center, since I needed a few items at the Food Lion anyway.

I was looking there, and other places along likely routes to see if there were cameras that might have captured BC if he did visit the car washes. NOTE, AT THIS POINT WE HAVE ONLY SPECULATED THAT HE DID, AFIK THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING TO SUGGEST THIS IN THE MEDIA.

Now, we have a lot of IF's here. But I did notice that there are 2 cameras at this car wash location, but I belive only one of them MIGHT capture a picture of a vehicle entering the wash, for the most part, they seem to be pointed at the office door of the adjacent car repair location (Some have called it Jiffy Lube, it is not, but it is similar). I noted that the automatic car washes there take bills, or credit cards, are open 24 hours, have vacuums (Quarters only for those) and DO NOT WASH underneath the car.

ALSO, There is a 24 hour fitness facility in the adjacent building, if NC had entered into the entrance nearest Lochmere, he would have been recorded by that camera as he approached the wash.

Now, I understand that all of this is HIGHLY SPECULATIVE, but since LE might not have checked any recordings at the fitness location, should they be alerted to the possibility that it might have captured images??

Seriously, I do not know if this is worth wasting resources on or not. Opinions welcome!!

I have to be out of town for a while, and have been pretty busy today, but if there is enough interest, I can try to visit the locations of the alleged store and location of the find, and capture some pictures for "Ground Intellegence" I will not do this unless there is a desire to see them.

CyberPro

More thoughts about the car(s) ~ I noticed the BMW SUV was in the driveway when LE was searching the exterior, but I wonder if BC ever parked it inside the garage. I somehow can't see him taking Nancy's body out to the driveway and then putting it in the back of the SUV. Now, if he always did park outside, might it be possible ~ if he did it ~ that he used her car to dispose of her? I wonder what kind of car she drove, and often the first mistake someone makes is to adjust the driver's seat and leave it in the position the usual driver wouldn't. Just thoughts! :)

More thoughts about the car(s) ~ I noticed the BMW SUV was in the driveway when LE was searching the exterior, but I wonder if BC ever parked it inside the garage. I somehow can't see him taking Nancy's body out to the driveway and then putting it in the back of the SUV. Now, if he always did park outside, might it be possible ~ if he did it ~ that he used her car to dispose of her? I wonder what kind of car she drove, and often the first mistake someone makes is to adjust the driver's seat and leave it in the position the usual driver wouldn't. Just thoughts! :)

My guess is that Nancy drove the SUV and Brad drove a flashy convertible!
Nancy was 5'9 I think her seat would be in the far back position same as Brad.
IMO

IMO
You might be right about his choice of car! :)

FWIW....I am 100% positive that when this story broke that I saw a picture of two silver Beemers in the driveway side by side. One wasn't a hatchback. I've not seen that since and can't find a picture or video. Then there was speculation that one was a car provided by CISCO, very early post on here.

IMO

While I'm not sure why their second car doesn't show up on Wake County's tax record site, I saw the second vehicle, and it's a 5 series (528/530, etc.).

Cisco has deals with manufacturers like BMW/Mercedes to give their employees specific discounts on specific cars, but I highly doubt that they would have leased or purchased a vehicle as a perk to Brad. I'll have to do a little more digging to get the info on this second car and who owns it. It very well could be leased, and for that reason, doesn't show up. I leased a vehicle one time and when I was pulled over for speeding, the cop wanted to know why the car wasn't registered to me, to which I replied, it was, and after a few minutes of discussion, discovered that the car was registered to the manufacturer because it was leased. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but go figure.

FWIW....I am 100% positive that when this story broke that I saw a picture of two silver Beemers in the driveway side by side. One wasn't a hatchback. I've not seen that since and can't find a picture or video. Then there was speculation that one was a car provided by CISCO, very early post on here.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html has a picture of the front of the cooper home with both cars in the driveway. It's about half way down the page. The SUV and the other doesn't look like a convertable.

On the Wake County tax website, the car registered to BC is a "BMW 4S", in other words a four door sedan. The SUV would show "BMW MP", but there is no tax record listed. So, either it's leased, or it's new and no tax bill has been sent yet.

On the Wake County tax website, the car registered to BC is a "BMW 4S", in other words a four door sedan. The SUV would show "BMW MP", but there is no tax record listed. So, either it's leased, or it's new and no tax bill has been sent yet.

My guess would be it's leased. The SUV had the old blue license plates. If it was new and the tag wasn't transferred from a previous car, then it would have a red NC plate.

I don't think he would have risked putting her in the back of the SUV. If he would have gotten pulled over by LE for some type of traffic violation her body would have been in full view. I'm more inclined to believe he transported her in the trunk of the 4-door sedan.

Google's addressing system is approximate, as it says in the disclaimer, but if you compare the house in the logical position along Wallsburg to the photo in the WRAL slideshow which petra linked from the "photos" subforum, Streetview shows two vehicles in the driveway. The car doesn't appear to have a very large trunk, but there is one in the Google image.

As for the "carrying the car seats from the house"... I'm not familiar with the BMW SUV, but one might assume that a family vehicle from such a high-end manufacturer could have built-in car seats and if the car was in the garage, since he was obviously going to have to take alternate transportation, he may have been carrying the seats from the car, through the house.

My understanding from all of the media reports is that Nancy had been back from Hilton Head for about a week. It seems very unlikely that no one had driven the kids anywhere over the course of that week, so I doubt that the seats would've been in a heap by the stairs.

IMHO
---

Link to the Google Map, though you actually have to "drive" part of the court. (3rd house from streethead on right)

---

ETA: I must've overlooked KTaylorsc's post, but it appears that the photo on blueline is most likely a smaller screencap from Streetview.

Google's addressing system is approximate, as it says in the disclaimer, but if you compare the house in the logical position along Wallsburg to the photo in the WRAL slideshow which petra linked from the "photos" subforum, Streetview shows two vehicles in the driveway. The car doesn't appear to have a very large trunk, but there is one in the Google image.

<Snipped for space>
IMHO
---

Link to the Google Map, though you actually have to "drive" part of the court. (3rd house from streethead on right)

---

ETA: I must've overlooked KTaylorsc's post, but it appears that the photo on blueline is most likely a smaller screencap from Streetview.

Magister,

Excellent post!

I have not been to, nor am I familiar with the exact location of the Cooper house, but I did a bit of looking around using the zoom features of the street view on the map you linked.

I am impressed by several things in relation to the house. You are correct, the addressing shows the house at about 158, but the mailbox shows it as 104. I am not sure of the address where the party took place, but there have been several posts indicating that it was across the street. I suppose it is possible that it was also down the street a bit, but that does not really matter for the purposes of this post.

I did note the cars in the driveway as you indicated, and I also noted a few things about the surroundings and the house itself that I think are noteworthy.

For one thing, the design of the house. If you will take a close look, it seems to me that for a house of this size, there are not a lot of windows in the front of the house, and most of the ones that are there are kind of on the small side. Now, there is a realitively larger window in what looks to be the dining room, but given the designs of a lot of homes in Cary, which have quite a bit of window, this looks pretty small by comparison. The house seems to be positioned on the lot so that it is closest to the house on the right, thereby putting the garage closest to the neighboring house, and moving the living area farther from the house on the left, for privacy. The house directly across the street has a line of trees that would block the view, and deflect some sound, and there appears to be shrubbery between the house and the house on the left.

Now, I am not suggesting that this house was built or chosen because BC planned a murder, but it does seem that the house design would make it easier to carry this out. Some of the houses being built and sold in Cary have so many windows that it is very much like living in a fishbowl, mine included. I think I have 6 windows on the street facing side of my house, and that is just on the first floor. There seems to be a few trees that are positioned in front of the larger window on this house. I do not know what the back side of the house looks like, nor do we know where any confrontation might have taken place, but it looks like there is enough in the way to obstruct an outside viewer from seeing anything that might have taken place in the house, especially if it happened in the early morning hours. Even loading the vehicle could have been carried out without much observation, given that the trees obstruct the view from the house across the street, and he could have backed into the garage, or opened the garage with the vehicle backed up near the door.

CyberPro

CyberPro - Good observation about the obstructed view and though I'm sure it would've occured to you, based upon your suggestion, I plain-old zoomed down on the Google overview and the backyard, plus the entire back of the house appears to be completely shielded by trees. The lot does back-up to Lochmere Dr., so there could've been the possibility of drive-through traffic and I don't know how high up the branches start, but it's pretty obvious that at least the second floor should be well hidden.

Also, you can only make-out the faint outline of something in the backyard because the Google overview is very dark. The Yahoo! image for that address doesn't drill down far enough and it appears to be older because the trees aren't as prominent, but Microsoft's Live's map is much better lit, it appears more current than Yahoo's because the trees have grown and looking at their image, I'm going to guess that there's a hot tub on the back patio or deck, right up next to the house.

Note (for the record): I assume that Google's image is the newest, Microsoft's second and Yahoo's third.

Magister,

OK, New tools new views....

I am out of town and in a fairly slow network connection, but prompted by your last post, I pulled up the LIVE maps too.

If you will switch to the Birdseye view, you will note some interesting details.

What appears to be a hottub in the overhead image seemed to me to have the indications of some ridges extending out from the center, but I could not zoom it enough to tell. The house next door had a similar thing, but again, I could not tell.

I switched to the Birdseye view, and that group of images was taken in a different season, it must have been winter, because all of the leaves are off the trees in the back yard. If you position the view from the rear of the house, and swing it around a bit, you do not see anything that would look like a hottub, making me think that it was likely to be a patio umbrella. I cannot tell for sure, because the trees obstruct the view, and it is taking a while for the screen to paint for me.

CyberPro

Hi there - first post! Been watching with interest and finally registered.

As far as the cars are concerned - tax records show a BMW and a 2001 Nissan. This appears to be consistent with the photo that is on the blueline / LE website. Not sure where folks are getting a BMW convertible or the 2 BMW's statement.

I also believe that leased cars still get taxed to the individual, as it's based on registration.

Lastly, Cisco would not be supplying him with a car. Have a close relative that works there and unless he's a senior VP - don't see that happening - supplying cars is a MAJOR PITA for companies - usually they would do a car allowance / reimbursement situation and only for big time execs or folks in heavy duty sales where they are on the road all the time.

Enjoying the community and *some* of he investigative efforts. (Some are a little 'out there')

I live in Raleigh, NC (no, really?) and have followed this case with interest since her disappearance, as too many high profile cases of women being killed by spouses, lovers, ex or soon to be ex's. Wonder how folks think they are going to get away with it when they have to know that they will be the first place LE looks.....

Hi there - first post! Been watching with interest and finally registered.

As far as the cars are concerned - tax records show a BMW and a 2001 Nissan. This appears to be consistent with the photo that is on the blueline / LE website. Not sure where folks are getting a BMW convertible or the 2 BMW's statement.

I also believe that leased cars still get taxed to the individual, as it's based on registration.

Lastly, Cisco would not be supplying him with a car. Have a close relative that works there and unless he's a senior VP - don't see that happening - supplying cars is a MAJOR PITA for companies - usually they would do a car allowance / reimbursement situation and only for big time execs or folks in heavy duty sales where they are on the road all the time.

Enjoying the community and *some* of he investigative efforts. (Some are a little 'out there')

I live in Raleigh, NC (no, really?) and have followed this case with interest since her disappearance, as too many high profile cases of women being killed by spouses, lovers, ex or soon to be ex's. Wonder how folks think they are going to get away with it when they have to know that they will be the first place LE looks.....
The 2001 Nissan on WakeGov.com belongs to a different Nancy C.
The 2001 BMW on WakeGov.com that belongs to BC, is a "4S" (sedan, not SUV)

I don't know why the "BMW MP" (SUV) is not showing up. Are there any Wake County residents with leased vehicles on the board? Please look yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike