The cars, who, when, where and what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Nina's interview - Jonah and Dina each had a car at the hospital, so she drove herself back using Jonah's car.

Per Nina's interview - Jonah and Dina each had a car at the hospital, so she drove herself back using Jonah's car.

Quote:
REPORTER:
Ok, then uh, then what happened, what happened Tuesday night, how long did you stay, when did you leave?

NINA: Ok, so uh we were there, Jonah got back at 8pm, on the dot at 8pm. I stayed a while longer and I left it was about 8:55/9:00, I left on Tuesday night. My sister stayed, she was there. When I left the hospital my sister and Jonah were still in my nephew's room.

REPORTER:
And noone else was there?

NINA:
No.

REPORTER:
And uh you drove back, I'm sorry I forgot who drove you back?

NINA:
I drove myself back, and I'm thinking that was the night that I drove Jonah's car back because I remember saying 'how am i going to get home' and they each had a car there and they only needed really one car so thats when they had the room at Ronald McDonald House so if they needed or wanted to go and get some sleep or take a shower, they had a room at the Ronald MacDonald house so I was able to take Jonah's car back and I was able to take that to my sister's house so I could get back.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

By Nina's own admission, Dina and Jonah were supposed to share a room at the RMH. Why then was Dina not caught on RMH camera surveillance videos at all? Jonah was caught numerous times by various RMH cameras, coming and going out of his RMH room. Why was Dina caught on NO videos at the RMH? Moreover, why was Dina also not caught at the hospital surveillance videos when she was allegedly sitting vigil by Max's bedside?

WHERE WAS DINA THAT TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING WHEN REBECCA WAS MURDERED? :what:

By Nina's own admission, Dina and Jonah were supposed to share a room at the RMH. Why then was Dina not caught on RMH camera surveillance videos at all? Jonah was caught numerous times by various RMH cameras, coming and going out of his RMH room. Why was Dina caught on NO videos at the RMH? Moreover, why was Dina also not caught at the hospital surveillance videos?

WHERE WAS DINA THAT TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING WHEN REBECCA WAS MURDERED? :what:

I wonder if Jonah would vouch for Dina spending the night with him at RMH? Me thinks not.

That is in direct conflict with other reports that he followed behind the ambulance in his own vehicle.

Maybe Ann Rule meant that Jonah drove his own vehicle but was led by LE vehicles to the hospital?

Maybe Ann Rule meant that Jonah drove his own vehicle but was led by LE vehicles to the hospital?

According to neighbors, Jonah drove himself, and Rebecca was taken by LE.

According to neighbors, Jonah drove himself, and Rebecca was taken by LE.

Do you know if there were more than one LE vehicle? Maybe, and obviously I am just speculating here, that Ann Rule meant Jonah drove his own car, but followed the ambulance and the first LE vehicle?

And then afterwards, a second LE vehicle drove Becky and XZ?

From search warrant 41227 - Detective Brian Patterson of SDSO gives a detail of vehicles. The search warrant was requested on 7-13-2011 at 2:37pm. Items inventoried on 7-13-2011 at 4:26pm.

Under 'Location, Property, And/Or Person to be searched' -

B. A Toyota Sequoia, bearing Arizona license plate ACM****, a white sedan which is parked inside the closed garage, and any other vehicles found to be under control of the legal residents present at the above described residence, whether operable or in repair. The vehicle to be searched includes glove compartment, trunks, satchels, bags, containers and storage compartments.

Under 'Probable Cause' Detective Patterson writes -

While walking by the garage I was able to see through a window into the garage and see that there was a white sedan further described as a Toyota Sequoia, bearing Arizona license plate ACM**** inside of the garage.

Under 'Opinions and Conclusions' Detective Patterson writes -

Based on my training and experience and my initial investigation I believe that based on the fact that the Asian female had her hands and legs bound and was found in the condition that she was found by Adam Shacknai that she was a victim of homicide. At this time her body has not been thoroughly examined to determine if there are other injuries to her but in my training and experience the types of items that could be found to cause death in an unknown cause of death include items which could be used as ligatures, items which could be used to cause blunt force trauma, or items which could be used to cause cutting or stabbing. Additionally those items could be used to cause a victim to subject themselves to submit to be tied up by an individual and would provide valuable evidence of the crime. Additionally a knife may have been used to cut the rope and the knife may contain trace evidence of the individual who cut the rope prior to binding the victim.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41227.pdf

I don't think the first quote got included here but it was about Nina driving Jonah's car back. I have never understood that. It's weird. It very likely would have been convenient if the keys to the mansion were on the key ring, though.........

Why wouldn't she drive her sister's car back? Maybe there's something I missed with the car scenario. When those cars are mentioned, I just glaze over, lol

I think it is interesting to note the majority of the vehicle type and usage comes from Nina. Jonah and Adam both describe driving with Rebecca to dinner. I wonder where XZ was when Nina and HL were picked up from the airport?

I think it is interesting to note the majority of the vehicle type and usage comes from Nina. Jonah and Adam both describe driving with Rebecca to dinner. I wonder where XZ was when Nina and HL were picked up from the airport?

She was likely in the back seat........since Rebecca didn't have friends in Coronado, she wouldn't leave her with someone, nor would she leave her home alone.........IMO.

I don't think the first quote got included here but it was about Nina driving Jonah's car back. I have never understood that. It's weird. It very likely would have been convenient if the keys to the mansion were on the key ring, though.........

Why wouldn't she drive her sister's car back? Maybe there's something I missed with the car scenario. When those cars are mentioned, I just glaze over, lol

Agree........we really need a "dance card" as to who was driving what,when and where. Another reason why the tapes from the Coronado Bridge toll plaza should have been reviewed to verify/validate these details.

Thanks. So, it appears the SUV in the driveway the morning of the murder is that Sequoia? Although, I don't know if we have an accurate time on any photos.
I haven't gotten to the end of the thread yet so apologies if this is answered down thread..
First helicopter footage that morning was taken early, between 9 and 10 a.m. The Sequoia was parked in the driveway. It remained in the driveway throughout the day...

I haven't gotten to the end of the thread yet so apologies if this is answered down thread..
First helicopter footage that morning was taken early, between 9 and 10 a.m. The Sequoia was parked in the driveway. It remained in the driveway throughout the day...

:waitasec: Either there is a third vehicle (second belonging to Jonah) or Nina left the SUV in the driveway before LE arrived/Adam found Becky.

:waitasec: Either there is a third vehicle (second belonging to Jonah) or Nina left the SUV in the driveway before LE arrived/Adam found Becky.

It's probably safe to assume that Jonah & Becky had separate cars. He had to work,etc. and she had to run a lot of errands and ferry people around. He rode to Rady w/ LE and the ambulance, but his friend gave him a ride home that evening to pick up extra clothes, etc. He probably picked up his own car then.

It's probably safe to assume that Jonah & Becky had separate cars. He had to work,etc. and she had to run a lot of errands and ferry people around. He rode to Rady w/ LE and the ambulance, but his friend gave him a ride home that evening to pick up extra clothes, etc. He probably picked up his own car then.

But if Luber was the one who gave Jonah a ride to Spreckels on Monday evening, then why did Rebecca et al have to drop him off at the airport on Tuesday evening? Who was using his car on Tuesday night?

I'm trying to figure out ... if Becky's white car was in the garage and the Silver SUV was in the driveway when she was found dead Wed morning, that's two cars behind the crime scene tape.

And, Nina still had 'Jonah's car' from the night before?

From search warrant 41227 - Detective Brian Patterson of SDSO gives a detail of vehicles. The search warrant was requested on 7-13-2011 at 2:37pm. Items inventoried on 7-13-2011 at 4:26pm.

<snipped>

Quote:
Under 'Opinions and Conclusions' Detective Patterson writes -

Based on my training and experience and my initial investigation I believe that based on the fact that the Asian female had her hands and legs bound and was found in the condition that she was found by Adam Shacknai that she was a victim of homicide. At this time her body has not been thoroughly examined to determine if there are other injuries to her but in my training and experience the types of items that could be found to cause death in an unknown cause of death include items which could be used as ligatures, items which could be used to cause blunt force trauma, or items which could be used to cause cutting or stabbing. Additionally those items could be used to cause a victim to subject themselves to submit to be tied up by an individual and would provide valuable evidence of the crime. Additionally a knife may have been used to cut the rope and the knife may contain trace evidence of the individual who cut the rope prior to binding the victim.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41227.pdf

Looks like Officer Peterson was initially on the right track and something or someone from authority derailed him.

But if Luber was the one who gave Jonah a ride to Spreckels on Monday evening, then why did Rebecca et al have to drop him off at the airport on Tuesday evening? Who was using his car on Tuesday night?

You're right. They had to have been in the same car. Maybe they took cab?

You're right. They had to have been in the same car. Maybe they took cab?

When someone says that they will give you a ride, they usually mean that they will drive you, not share a cab............IMO.

That's interesting because one would assume that HL had at least one car at his Coronado home for use while there. I know someone who keeps a home in California and he keeps an old car there. It's a nice car, but it's an old car. It all seems very bohemian to them (lol). When they arrive at LAX, they take a car service to their home and then use the old car while they are there, same thing when they are are returning home, car service to the airport. If someone has a part time home somewhere like Coronado, wouldn't they have their own car there? I'm not trying to be argumentative, at all. But it would be helpful to know when HL's own personal car was in use. At some point, it must have been. Who used it, when and why?

That's interesting because one would assume that HL had at least one car at his Coronado home for use while there. I know someone who keeps a home in California and he keeps an old car there. It's a nice car, but it's an old car. It all seems very bohemian to them (lol). When they arrive at LAX, they take a car service to their home and then use the old car while they are there, same thing when they are are returning home, car service to the airport. If someone has a part time home somewhere like Coronado, wouldn't they have their own car there? I'm not trying to be argumentative, at all. But it would be helpful to know when HL's own personal car was in use. At some point, it must have been. Who used it, when and why?

That is what I would have thought as well, but who knows. The only times that I have seen a car at Luber's in Coronado is when someone is staying there, and they usually (if not always) drive........can't see inside the garage to see if a "spare" car is there in case they fly over rather than drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin