...the case of the purloined PDA...

Is there anyone brave enough to call? I, myself, am not. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Come on! Someone, just call! I'd do it, but the call would cost $$$ from overseas!

Where's NCBanker?--he's got some cahonies!

We don't even know for sure if the item pawned was pawned by Raven. Janet may have been the pawner.

Then we could figure that out, right?

I think it'd still be quite interesting to know what the item was, regardless of who pawned it. And since Janet and Raven were said to have separate vehicles, I'd be more inclined to believe that the pawn ticket was Raven's. We couldn't know for sure but it's worth tossing it around a bit, IMO.

JerseyGirl said:
I think it'd still be quite interesting to know what the item was, regardless of who pawned it. And since Janet and Raven were said to have separate vehicles, I'd be more inclined to believe that the pawn ticket was Raven's. We couldn't know for sure but it's worth tossing it around a bit, IMO.
Ok, so in the spirit of trying to shed a little light on the whole pawn ticket situation - I just called all three branches of National Jewelry and Pawn in Durham. (Simply put, I asked if it were possible to look up a particular number on a pawn ticket, and to tell me about the item..)

Branch #1 (closest to Ferrand Drive) - The Manager: "Look, I don't know what you're up to, but I ain't tellin' you sh##. We don't release anything except to the police with an order." (Click) And such a pleasant fellow he was...and I was so looking forward to more witty repartee with him.... sigh.

Branch #2 - A clerk: "You need to talk to the manager. He's not here. You a cop?" Nope, not "a cop." End of conversation.

Branch #3 - The Manager: "That information is confidential. Is this about something that was stolen or something? Doesn't really matter even. We can only release that kind of information to the police." Me: "Ok, well can you tell me this...have the police asked about this particular pawn ticket?" Manager: "Yo, who is this? I know lots of police that I can call right now." Me: "you know, somehow I just bet you do. Goodbye."

Ok, that was all dramatic, but I swear it was only good for a laugh or two (or three or four for that matter).

Bottom line: They "ain't tellin' <us> sh##" about that pawn ticket.

Back to the drawing board....

WOW ... I never realized there was such a strict confidentiality on pawned items. They just treated you like you were attempting an armed robbery of their facilities.

What if you were interested in buy the said item as a gift to return it to the person who pawned it?

Well, thanks for trying. They've probably already been warned off talking to anyone by the police.

Your transcript made me laugh though.:laugh:

golfmom said:
WOW ... I never realized there was such a strict confidentiality on pawned items. They just treated you like you were attempting an armed robbery of their facilities.

What if you were interested in buy the said item as a gift to return it to the person who pawned it?
Go ahead, GM, call and tell them that's what you want to do :)

ewwwinteresting said:
Go ahead, GM, call and tell them that's what you want to do :)

How would you know to buy the item back if you didnt even know what the item was?

SouthEastSleuth said:

Thank you SES! At least it was worth a try. Wonder what would have happened if you said you were the cops? Wanna try back? SOOO just kidding!

Thank you a million times over. You've got some cahonies.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Ok, so in the spirit of trying to shed a little light on the whole pawn ticket situation - I just called all three branches of National Jewelry and Pawn in Durham. (Simply put, I asked if it were possible to look up a particular number on a pawn ticket, and to tell me about the item..)

Branch #1 (closest to Ferrand Drive) - The Manager: "Look, I don't know what you're up to, but I ain't tellin' you sh##. We don't release anything except to the police with an order." (Click) And such a pleasant fellow he was...and I was so looking forward to more witty repartee with him.... sigh.

Branch #2 - A clerk: "You need to talk to the manager. He's not here. You a cop?" Nope, not "a cop." End of conversation.

Branch #3 - The Manager: "That information is confidential. Is this about something that was stolen or something? Doesn't really matter even. We can only release that kind of information to the police." Me: "Ok, well can you tell me this...have the police asked about this particular pawn ticket?" Manager: "Yo, who is this? I know lots of police that I can call right now." Me: "you know, somehow I just bet you do. Goodbye."

Ok, that was all dramatic, but I swear it was only good for a laugh or two (or three or four for that matter).

i don't know how i missed this post, but this cracked me up!!! :crazy:
LMAO

SouthEastSleuth said:

Thanks for calling and for the much needed laugh. :)

SouthEastSleuth said:

.........i give you a TON of credit for calling............( and when i saw your earlier post with the numbers i knew you would............)

....credit to you also , ( as i speed read the posts i've missed ) for calling the state forensics lab.............

....and you're going to the courthouse on friday as well ?????

...if i was anywhere close, i swear i'd be there with you....

I guess with the new $500 cell phone, no need to wonder what was pawned. Hmmm....wonder if he was able to buy back whatever it was with his trust fund money??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back