The Chair Blocking the Basement Door

It appears to be slightly bigger although we are looking at them from odd angles.

Is there a higher quality pic of the one you posted? It looks like a brochure on top of the box and it looks like it might be covering writing on that box.

That's a frightening thought. If she goes in there, she's likely never found. She almost wasn't found where she was at.

Yes, that's true -- and I wonder if perhaps she got those markings on her (shoulder, was it?) by trying to be forced in; although, there would have been evidence found on the edges of the safe, most likely.

I would start with checking convulsions as a reason.

Is there any medical expert knowing abrasions possible for epileptics here?

[edit] legs + shoulders, somewhat rational idea, I think.

Questions:

What were the parameters of the safe (if anybody knows)?

Is it possible that the killer wanted to fit JBR into the safe, only to realize that it was too small? I just wonder because she was found so close to the safe (if not on top of it). Makes me wonder if the plan then changed.

It looks tiny compared to the bricks or window screens.

I'm sure the plan was to put her in there but maybe JR panicked and thought about them bringing in cadaver dogs.

8e256decb68b9e93d7418bde8acf0e40.jpg

*snip*I reckon BR's TV interview made people realize that BDI was a possibility.*snip*

Correction: Made some people realize, not all.

The flashlight might be the murder weapon then again it could have been used only during the staging part of the crime? Why does JR need to tell us so much about the flashlight, from an earlier position of disinterest?

Why did John feel the need to put the flashlight in his hand that night?

*snip*There might have been another gift in the wine-cellar destined for JonBenet which Burke found on Christmas day?

Why would a Christmas gift for JonBenet still be in the wine cellar on 26 Dec?

It's possible Burke's sense of entitlement caused him to reject Christmas gift(s) earlier that morning, which then ended up in the wine-cellar and characterised by Patsy as birthday gifts, i.e. another twist on Patsy covering for Burke?*snip*

1. So, after Burke rejects Christmas gifts, according to your claim, then did Patsy rewrap them?

2. Why would it have been impossible for the partially-wrapped gifts in the wine cellar to have been for Burke's birthday a month later?

So, you think it would have been more logical for Burke's new Christmas toy to have been in the basement as opposed to the 1st/ground floor?[/QUOTE]

Nope; but I do think that the toy he was playing with on the 1st/ground floor DID NOT belongs to him. That's why he waited until everybody was sleeping and sneaked down.

It looks tiny compared to the bricks or window screens.

I'm sure the plan was to put her in there but maybe JR panicked and thought about them bringing in cadaver dogs.

8e256decb68b9e93d7418bde8acf0e40.jpg

True, it does look small. I know there was some discussion about perhaps putting the body in a suitcase, which was found in the train room (the blanket inside also had JBR's DNA, if I remember right). There has also been discussion on if the window was broken by JR that (or BR, but I digress) that night. Which brings me to this scenario:

- The original plan was to insert the body in the suitcase and smuggle it out of the window.

- The body actually did fit inside the suitcase, and the window was broken while the suitcase was trying to be lifted through the window.

- The plan changed for whatever reason (the R's realized there was snow on the ground, the suitcase wouldn't fit through the awkward window and had already broken it, PR couldn't lift it up to JR).

This would all beg the question though, of why the body/suitcase would need to be transported via this particular window well, when there was a backyard door they could have used.

^ Unless there was somebody still up, on that floor, that they wanted to avoid.

(Would have just edited my post above, but every time I try to edit now, I lose the entire post. What's the deal, anyone else having that problem?)

Door at bottom of basement stairs:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ROL 2.jpg
    ROL 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 544
  • ROL 12doortowhere.jpg
    ROL 12doortowhere.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 545
bar stool chair:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ROL 6.jpg
    ROL 6.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 559
The only picture of cigar boxes that I know of are in the following photo which came from one of the tabs. Near the lower left corner you can see the familiar border on one box. There might possibly be another cigar box stacked just under that one, and something on top of them both that looks like the plain, wooden box that Cubans often come in.

attachment.php

Crime scene photos of both cigar boxes in the cellar:

776bb11314a36883bccce76e627b8806.jpg
4bd84facba28ee67b420903a3308f4e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JR told a grand story about the chair being in front of the train room door. But, as you can see, the chair never moved.

Crime scene photo #71 clearly shows the red chair not blocking JR entrance into the train room. Approximate time this photo was taken was 8:30am:

9b7093aac1ea46b21d97adca56dee1a9.jpg

Over 12 hours later when they shot crime scene video you can see the chair is still in the same position.

d3fe2c5ea008db3ca5b862bd5f528b8f.jpg

718e45298cade1b2db6cbc243e73f023.jpg

^ How do you know that this red chair was the specific chair that JR was referring to?

Also, he said the door was closed. In both pics, the door is open, with the red chair "holding it" against the wall.

I'm certainly not a JR apologist; I'm just making sure I'm not missing something.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]UID- We all just assumed the door was closed. But, JR says the door was open just blocked by the chair. Here is his waffle through with Smit and Kane. It’s rather ridiculous.

LOU SMIT: I wanted to direct your attention,[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 if you could, John. This photograph 71, and[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 especially in the entryways there and into the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 various rooms. Now this must have been taken[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 fairly early on the morning of the 26th.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 Can you describe what you see there? Is there[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 anything out of place or is there anything[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 different from the way you remember it. Because[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 you said you went down into that area.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 JOHN RAMSEY: What is difference is, I[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 think that the door is blocked by this drum table.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 Here's the chair I said was brought to the door.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 And it's not. I moved the chair to get into the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 door.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 If this was taken before I was down there -- well[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 I put it back. When I went down there, that chair[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 was kind of blocking that entrance right there.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0278[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 And there was something else on the other side,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 whatever it was. But all I had to do was move that[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 chair, then I walked into the room.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 LOU SMIT: That's the first time down?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. In this picture here,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 I would have had to move that drum table and the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 Easter basket in that room. So that's different.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 LOU SMIT: So you say that that's been moved.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 Which way would you say that's been moved?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember the Easter[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 baskets there at all. But it would have had to[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 have been moved. The drum table was over, and the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 chair was also blocking the door.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 LOU SMIT: So do you think that the chair[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 would block the door and nobody would have gotten[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 in there without moving it?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 JOHN RAMSEY: Correct.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 LOU SMIT: In other words, let's say[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 that the intruder goes into the training room,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 gets out, let's say, that window?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 LOU SMIT: How in effect would he get[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 that chair to block that door, if that is the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 case, is what I'm saying?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't know. All I'm saying[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0279[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 is, that is different than when I went down there.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 LOU SMIT: Okay, let's say that you go down[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 there?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm. All I want to show[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 is that that chair was kind of sitting right in[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 here, and there was something else here. I don't[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 know what it was. It could have been that[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 (INAUDIBLE).[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 LOU SMIT: You go down, that's what you see?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 JOHN RAMSEY: I go down, I say, ooh, that door[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 is blocked. I move the chair and went in the room.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 LOU SMIT: So you couldn't have gotten in[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 without moving the chair?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 JOHN RAMSEY: Correct.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 LOU SMIT: And the door was opened or closed?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 JOHN RAMSEY: It was opened.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 LOU SMIT: The door was opened?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 JOHN RAMSEY: correct.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 LOU SMIT: Okay.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 JOHN RAMSEY: In that picture, it looks like[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 -- I came in on this side of the door (INAUDIBLE)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 and would have had to remove that drum table and[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 the Easter basket.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 MIKE KANE: Which side are you talking about?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 The inner side or the lock side?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0280[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 JOHN RAMSEY: If I had the door open it[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 must be the lock side. That chair was right there[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 when I went down there, on the lock sided of the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 door.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 MIKE KANE: On the opposite the hinges.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. And I moved it and[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 entered the room. And in that picture --[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 LOU SMIT: And you don't know if you were[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 the first one down there?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 JOHN RAMSEY: I thought I -- Well the police,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 they probably went through the house a bit. I[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 don't know where they went. I heard later that[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 Fleet White claimed he went through the basement[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 alone. I don't know if that was before or after I[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 did alone.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 LOU SMIT: That's why we're trying to[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 determine your time. If you can get that down.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I wish I can tell[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 you precisely, but it had to be -- you see I think[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 when the first uniformed officer came, French, he[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 very quickly said, I want all you people in the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 room, and then people started showing in this[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 room, which was the solarium where he talked, is[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 the solarium.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 And then some other officers came and I my[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0281[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 impression at that time was that they did a[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 cursory check of the house. One of the uniformed[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 house went through the house. That had been fairly[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 early.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 MIKE KANE: (INAUDIBLE)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 JOHN RAMSEY: We don't. I think it's between[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 6:00 and 6:30. So that person should have been the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 first one to go through the house.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 I went in the basement, certainly before we were[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 getting ready for the call. (INAUDIBLE) until[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 eight, so that would have been eight o'clock. So[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 we were preparing for that. By 7:30, let's say,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 and Fleet and I were talking about what we were[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 going to say.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 LOU SMIT: Would that have been before[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 then or after?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 JOHN RAMSEY: It would have been before[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 then I believe.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 LOU SMIT: So it was before eight o'clock?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 JOHN RAMSEY: That's right. (INAUDIBLE) I'm[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 trying to reconstruct in it my mind.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 LOU SMIT: But when you went to the train[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 room, you had move these things in order to get[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 into the train room?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. I had to move the chair.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0282[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 LOU SMIT: The thing I'm trying to figure[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 out in my mind then is, if an intruder went[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 through the door, he'd almost have to pull the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 chair behind him.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. That's correct.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 LOU SMIT: Because that would have been[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 his exit?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 JOHN RAMSEY: Right.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 LOU SMIT: Okay.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. It was blocked. He'd[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 have to move something to get into the room.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 LOU SMIT: And he would have had to move[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 it back, if he was in there trying to get out, is[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 that correct?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 LOU SMIT: So that's not very logical as[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 far as --[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 JOHN RAMSEY: I think it is. I mean if this[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 person is that bizarrely clever to have not left[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 any good evidence, but left all these little funny[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 little clues around, they certain are clever[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 enough to pull the chair back when they left.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 LOU SMIT: But it was your impression that[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 that chair was blocking that door?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0283[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. The chair and something[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 else. But it certainly wasn't the Easter baskets.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 They were sitting there on the drum table. So I[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 never touched them. I just moved the chair and[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 went in.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 LOU SMIT: And that's one of the things[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 7 that we have to really get clear, because the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 8 photographs were taken fairly early that morning.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 9 JOHN RAMSEY: But I think the question is,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10 would a police officer have done that? Probably[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]11 not. Would Fleet White have done that? I don't[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]12 know. Just looking at this picture, it doesn't[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]13 appear to me that that chair had anything to do[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]14 with the door. But, you know, geez, I wish I could[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]15 remember. But I don't remember moving that. I[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]16 really don't. all I remember is kind of moving the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]17 chair and walking in.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]18 LOU SMIT: And sometimes the photograph[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]19 perspective is a little bit different. You don't[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]20 really have the perspective on the photograph. But[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21 that's why we just wanted to clarify that. In[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]22 effect, it's just a question that I had.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]23 JOHN RAMSEY: So this was taken -- okay.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]24 No, I don't see anything else. I was looking at[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]25 the latch on the door.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]0284[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 1 LOU SMIT: What's you --[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 2 JOHN RAMSEY: No, they look like they were[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 3 in the same position. Well I can't see them in[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 4 both pictures. They were taken at the same time?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 5 LOU SMIT: That's 71 and 72 could have been.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] 6 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I don't see anything else.[/FONT][/FONT]

I've seen a TV interview (want to say A&E) where he says the door was closed; and he used it to illustrate how "clever" the killer was, because he was somehow able to move the chair in front of the closed door while exiting through the broken window in the train room. The interviewer, understandably, said that would have been impossible (i.e. there's no way the killer could have moved the chair in front of the door after closing the door and exiting through the window), and JR simply responded that he was "clever" and was somehow able. So who the heck knows. I'm either remembering wrong, or JR can't keep up with his B.S. lies/inaccuracies. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

I've seen a TV interview (want to say A&E) where he says the door was closed; and he used it to illustrate how "clever" the killer was, because he was somehow able to move the chair in front of the closed door while exiting through the broken window in the train room. The interviewer, understandably, said that would have been impossible (i.e. there's no way the killer could have moved the chair in front of the door after closing the door and exiting through the window), and JR simply responded that he was "clever" and was somehow able. So who the heck knows. I'm either remembering wrong, or JR can't keep up with his B.S. lies/inaccuracies. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

Userid,
I remember something similar. Looking back, far back I reckon JR knows nobody knows what really happened, so he thinks if he invents stuff, so what?

That comment always struck me as being ironic, he was clever, just like JR.

My take on all JR's explanations for various basement objects is how he seems to know in advance which particular basement item requires to be explained away.

All curious stuff for a man who took a pill and slept all night long, just like BR !

UserID,
1998 June 25, 26, 27 - Taped Interrogation interview of John Ramsey by Lou Smit and Michael Kane in Colorado
John Ramsey: "I don't know... I go down, I say, "Ooh, that door is blocked." I move the chair and went in the room."

Lou Smit: "So you couldn't have gotten in without moving the chair?"

John Ramsey: "Correct... I had to move the chair."

Lou Smit: "The thing I'm trying to figure out in my mind then is, if an intruder went through the door, he'd almost have to pull the chair behind him... because that would have been his exit... so that's not very logical as far as......"

John Ramsey: "I think it is. I mean if this person is that bizarrely clever to have not left any good evidence, but left all these little funny clues around, they... are clever enough to pull the chair back when they left."

UserID,
1998 June 25, 26, 27 - Taped Interrogation interview of John Ramsey by Lou Smit and Michael Kane in Colorado

UK, UID,

What you posted is an abbreviated interview that doesn’t tell the whole story, this is why we have always assumed the door was closed. It wasn’t. I posted the whole interview in my earlier post so you can go back and read, but I will highlight what JR says here:

*9 LOU SMIT: You go down, that's what you see?

10 JOHN RAMSEY: I go down, I say, ooh, that door
11 is blocked. I move the chair and went in the room.

12 LOU SMIT: So you couldn't have gotten in
13 without moving the chair?

14 JOHN RAMSEY: Correct.

15 LOU SMIT: And the door was opened or closed?

16 JOHN RAMSEY: IT WAS OPENED.

17 LOU SMIT: The door was opened?

18 JOHN RAMSEY: CORRECT.

19 LOU SMIT: Okay.

It’s in this sequence, JR is forced to admit that he was in the basement prior to 8am. What’s funny is, when asked how long he was down in the basement on this trip, he says 30 seconds to a minute. Wow.

UK, UID,

What you posted is an abbreviated interview that doesn’t tell the whole story, this is why we have always assumed the door was closed. It wasn’t. I posted the whole interview in my earlier post so you can go back and read, but I will highlight what JR says here:

*9 LOU SMIT: You go down, that's what you see?

10 JOHN RAMSEY: I go down, I say, ooh, that door
11 is blocked. I move the chair and went in the room.

12 LOU SMIT: So you couldn't have gotten in
13 without moving the chair?

14 JOHN RAMSEY: Correct.

15 LOU SMIT: And the door was opened or closed?

16 JOHN RAMSEY: IT WAS OPENED.

17 LOU SMIT: The door was opened?

18 JOHN RAMSEY: CORRECT.

19 LOU SMIT: Okay.

It’s in this sequence, JR is forced to admit that he was in the basement prior to 8am. What’s funny is, when asked how long he was down in the basement on this trip, he says 30 seconds to a minute. Wow.

Cottonstar,
Sure, I was simply confirming what I thought Userid was asking. I was thinking about posting the full interview in another post, i.e. replying about your posted pictures.

UserID,

Yes, that's what I was thinking about -- thanks UKGuy, nice find

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back