The Church?

Am sure this link is already posted but couldn't find it. Just have to say it sickens me when the photo of the killer is side-by-side with their victim. Especially when the victim is a child. Petty, I know, but can't help it....just makes me ill to see Sandra's beautiful eyes so full of life so close to the eyes that watched as those beautiful eyes closed for their final time. We really do need a swear forum....maybe a pay-for-use one...like a family swear box.

Police say Sandra Cantu was killed in church
http://www.cbs12.com/news/church_4716798___article.html/huckaby_cantu.html

True. They need to place the picture of the killer on the opposite side of the page and place flames around it.

Well, at least I would feel better if they did it this way.

I wanted to bump this post because there seemed to be a bit of confusion in regards to whether or not the church is where the crime was committed. I read it to be that the church is the place where Sandra was killed.

I also wanted to say that I am a member of a Baptist church and the Sunday school teachers must attend classes before being put in a leadership role in the church. Also since they are involved with the education of children(my church also is a Baptist Academy) they must submit to a background check and adhere to bylaws. I sincerely hope that this incident draws a lot of attention to this church and significant investigations are being done. Parents who think their children are safe because they are in a building labeled as a church shouldn't take for granted that their children are safe. In my opinion. Take nothing for granted.

referenced in the thread about the Tracy reporter who helped LE.

It says that sources close to the investigation say that Sandra was murdered in the church--just two blocks away from the mobile home park.

This is not your usually normal Baptist Church. MOO, I would be willing to bet that the church is small by design. Meaning: there are a few small churches in my community which do not encourage outside visitors, outside of the family that is. Could be that this family already knew about MH's pedophile problem, or at least her mental state. I also feel that she has this problem for a reason, maybe that there are other pedophiles in her family that did the same thing to her growing up, and maybe other children in the family. JUST MY OPINION ONLY. They believe in and want to worship God, but not in a church that may notice their differences and judge them. Not sure I am being clear on my thoughts. Hope I am saying this right. I try not to judge others without good reason, but just offering my opinion. Nonni

Are there any Tracy locals out there who know if the Clover Road Baptist Church does outreach/ helps the migrant farm workers or RSO's???

I am from Tracy. This is unlikely. The story here locally is that no one seems to know much about the church. There is a Jehovah's witness church across the street, and some of their members were interviewed in the press. They stated that they did not ever really see anyone over there, nor had they spoken to anyone at the Clover rd baptist church. Same thing with neighbors to the church.. no one really saw anyone going there.

Supposedly, they haven't had regular services since 2007. Local papers have cited their congregation at being around 15 in number (I have no idea where that number came from). Local pastors in town have said that Pastor Lawless "isolated" himself from the Tracy church community. He was invited on numerous occasions to local church leaders' socials and never attended.

I am thinking it was a TAX SHELTER.

You know, I am confused about something. There are all these references to MH being a Sunday school teacher at her grandfather's church.. the Clover Road Baptist Church. If it is true, as local press has reported, that neighbors never saw anyone there, they haven't had services since 2007, and MH has only been in Tracy for 4-6mos, who the heck was she teaching?????? I am very confused about this and if someone can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.

You know, I am confused about something. There are all these references to MH being a Sunday school teacher at her grandfather's church.. the Clover Road Baptist Church. If it is true, as local press has reported, that neighbors never saw anyone there, they haven't had services since 2007, and MH has only been in Tracy for 4-6mos, who the heck was she teaching?????? I am very confused about this and if someone can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.

To my knowledge there have been no parishioners who have spoken to the press about the church, nor have any parents of the children in the "Sunday school" class taught by MH surfaced. There's a big blank spot there.

Very odd.

I believe the neighbor's comment said he saw little activity there. This could mean he didn't see many cars or many people. However, it could be explained by people being within walking distance to the church. We know it was a small congregation which doesn't make it rogue or sinister. (No matter what I said before...:p LOL)

Well, about a week ago, I tried to make a list of the 15 members of who we knew went to the 'church'............so far I only have
MH, her daughter
Connie
Lane
Fred Williams
who else????

I believe the neighbor's comment said he saw little activity there. This could mean he didn't see many cars or many people. However, it could be explained by people being within walking distance to the church. We know it was a small congregation which doesn't make it rogue or sinister. (No matter what I said before...:p LOL)

SS- re: walking distance. The most populous area w/in walking distance on that road is the MHP. And I did see it mentioned at some point in the local paper that it was believed that no one in the MHP attended that church. It was also confirmed that Sandra and her family did not attend that church, but did attend a different one. The rest of the area out there is pretty rural.. a few country homes, another church (Jehovah's witness). It really isn't an area where I would expect it to be easy walking distance except for the MHP.

You are correct in that we cannot be quick to judge. So far we only know of one other church member besides the Lawless family. That is Fred Williams. And evidently, he has a rap sheet. That is all I know about the congregation.

Where did we come up with the church having only 15 members?

It is also equally important to note...there ARE no other suspects in this case. Melissa Huckaby acted alone.

SS- re: walking distance. The most populous area w/in walking distance on that road is the MHP. And I did see it mentioned at some point in the local paper that it was believed that no one in the MHP attended that church. It was also confirmed that Sandra and her family did not attend that church, but did attend a different one. The rest of the area out there is pretty rural.. a few country homes, another church (Jehovah's witness). It really isn't an area where I would expect it to be easy walking distance except for the MHP.

You are correct in that we cannot be quick to judge. So far we only know of one other church member besides the Lawless family. That is Fred Williams. And evidently, he has a rap sheet. That is all I know about the congregation.

This is extremely odd, IMO.

As far as the "Sunday School" is concerned, we're looking at MH's 5-year old daughter as the only probable member of the class MH was teaching, unless there were other children enrolled whose parents were not necessarily members of the church. I can see that happening, that's not all that rare I think.

But the deafening silence surrounding this church is very strange. Where are the parents of all those children MH was supposedly teaching? Nobody's come forward to identify themselves as associated with the church. What's the information blackout surrounding this church all about? I can't find any facts about its congregation or ministries anywhere on the Web.
There's supposed to be a website (I've seen references to it), but I can't find it.
Was she really taking supplies over to the church in that suitcase to "spruce up" the classroom, as she said she did a couple times a year? There must have been a pretty good sized enrollment to necessitate "sprucing up" the classroom several times a year.

And one more question. Who's teaching the Sunday School class now that MH is in jail?

Well, if there really was a Sunday School going on, I hope not too many children were enrolled, as they are very likely victims of this woman, too.

I was trying to pull up the church's website today and it wasn't working. All I got was a bible quote. Is anyone else having problems?

Thinking about this, I remembered reading some time ago that pedophiles usually put themselves in a personal or professional position that gives them access to children. Being a pedophile affects even their career choices. Sometimes you wonder how many priests, teachers, etc, people with access to children, commit these kinds of crimes. It's because these monsters put themselves there. Sunday School teacher fits this profile like a glove, if you ask me. She put herself in a position of trust (a church member) where she had unsupervised access to children. LE should really look into this bible class. Sick, sick, sick....:mad:

Wonder if MH's friend Sinclair went there?

I was trying to pull up the church's website today and it wasn't working. All I got was a bible quote. Is anyone else having problems?

I got it to come up when Sandra first went missing and it was first mentioned. All it told was info about pastor, times of meetings,etc. regular things about a church. Nothing unusal. Nonni

The website of the church wasn't updated for a very long time. It was an old one and obviously not accessed much by anyone in the church. There was a single comment left dating back to 2008...IIRC (from the Pastor's cousin trying to track him down?).

The member page had never been put together and posted...or at least by the looks of it when I saw it.

Again..where did we get the church only had 15 members?

I find it so sad that all this is happening under the cover of a church.

What is truly sad is how many children have been abused by members of the clergy, continually and often without punishment.

One example is Father O'Grady, banished now to Ireland, who once raped a small baby while staying as a guest in a parishoner's home! Brought to us by Love Mama, bless her soul, whose DIL Amy scripted a documentary on the subject. xox

The website of the church wasn't updated for a very long time. It was an old one and obviously not accessed much by anyone in the church. There was a single comment left dating back to 2008...IIRC (from the Pastor's cousin trying to track him down?).

The member page had never been put together and posted...or at least by the looks of it when I saw it.

Again..where did we get the church only had 15 members?

I cant remember that either. I'll go back and search. Cant now though, taking my grandchildren to Jazz and food concert "Taste of Cartersville." (Ga.). will be back about 9pm. everything closes up early here.LOL:blowkiss:Nonni

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back