The cross-fingerpointing defense

WOW! Reading this made me really miss ole HOTYH. I know, I know, I either need an xray of my head or a drug test, but I do miss him....

I think I'm the one who needs his head examined for going back to where he is now.

Hmmm, I dont really know. LOL! But Ive always thought H was a "he"... Yikes, I could have been wrong this whole time..

Hey do you remember that old skit from Saturday night Live about Pat...LOL... I loved that skit...

HOTYH, if you're reading this and you're a woman, I apologize for getting it wrong....

Didnt Dave call him Brother (and not in a good way, like your my kin man) a few times or was that Roy? :waitasec:

Both of them.

wonderllama said:
I think you mean pilgrim

That too! And even though they were meant with sarcasm ("Brother" a la Hulk Hogan), they were, to an extent, attempts at friendliness.

Both of them.

That too! And even though they were meant with sarcasm ("Brother" a la Hulk Hogan), they were, to an extent, attempts at friendliness.

Is he/she any friendlier where he/she posts now? And what's your take on the gender question, SD? Is Holdon a man or woman?

DeeDee,

Not answering for Dave but my own experience... The answer is NO! he/she is not friendlier but then, he/she hates me LOLOLOLOLOLOL! It was brutal and drove me away from all things forum related for a while. Well, he and his new playmates, would be a fairer statement...

Yikes, I still have scars and I dont back down easily. But then on some forums its all about attack the poster and ignore the post...

In fact I liken it to feeling like a criminal being sent to fight the lions and tigers and bears (oh my) in the Roman Colosseum...

That was my experience and Dave can only speak for his and I'm assuming the gender issue, as I still have no clue...

Is he/she any friendlier where he/she posts now?

Haven't heard from him for a while. I wish he was still here, too.

And what's your take on the gender question, SD? Is Holdon a man or woman?

It's weird, DD. I sometimes wondered if HOTYH was actually several different people.

It's weird, DD. I sometimes wondered if HOTYH was actually several different people.

SuperDave,
I reckon he was. There were times when he forgot important details or promoted opinions his alter-ego had just posted on.

DeeDee,

Not answering for Dave but my own experience... The answer is NO! he/she is not friendlier but then, he/she hates me LOLOLOLOLOLOL! It was brutal and drove me away from all things forum related for a while. Well, he and his new playmates, would be a fairer statement...

You might not have to worry, Agatha...

Yikes, I still have scars and I don't back down easily. But then on some forums its all about attack the poster and ignore the post...

Just like KK told me.

In fact I liken it to feeling like a criminal being sent to fight the lions and tigers and bears (oh my) in the Roman Colosseum...

How about a fire-breathing dragon?

...It's weird, DD. I sometimes wondered if HOTYH was actually several different people.

I don't have a pony in this race, but SD, I'll place my bet on your opinion. :rocker:

It's not that the system doesn't work, it's some of the people running the system misuse their power. There is likely a lot of evidence that has not yet been made public. This case is studied in many law enforcement and psychology classes and, probably, law school too. Not all information is in the pubic domain.

In my opinion:

Patsy wrote the note.

Four known people were in that house and one of them ended up dead on the scene.

At least one of the two adult Ramseys know/knew what happened.

Patsy's dead and I can't see Boulder wanting to spend time and money trying to prosecute a dead person.

John can use the cross finger-pointing defense (which amounts to creating reasonable doubt) and Boulder doesn't want to spend money prosecuting a probable indecision.

Perhaps the announcement we are teased with will be that Patsy did it and self-righteous John's book is an early rebuttal to the anticipated flak after the announcement.

BOESP IYO whom was the 4th person there that night? I would guess JAR but that is MOO.

I won't buy JR's book and honestly I don't want to read it either via library. To your knowledge has it been read and if so is there anything there that hasn't already been stated? I remember JR saying in one of his interviews since marrying again that he couldn't have wished for a better mother than PR for his children. I remember when he was dating Beth Holloway and thought to myself are you kidding?

Wondering about the 4th person ......

BOESP IYO whom was the 4th person there that night? I would guess JAR but that is MOO.

I won't buy JR's book and honestly I don't want to read it either via library. To your knowledge has it been read and if so is there anything there that hasn't already been stated? I remember JR saying in one of his interviews since marrying again that he couldn't have wished for a better mother than PR for his children. I remember when he was dating Beth Holloway and thought to myself are you kidding?

Wondering about the 4th person ......

I think BOESP is referring to JB herself.

I think BOESP is referring to JB herself.

Thanks SD. I'm feeling rather stupid at the moment.

Also I did refer to PR as nuts on another thread when the comparison was made of JB and my twinn doll. My apologies. :blushing:

An honest mistake.

Also I did refer to PR as nuts on another thread when the comparison was made of JB and my twinn doll. My apologies. :blushing:

Whether or not PR was "nuts" is another issue altogether. Type "UMI" into the forum search engine sometime!

He used to have a crony on here years ago...I forget the exact name- began with a C. That one got banned, I think. I always thought they were the same person. The alter-ego was much nastier than Holdon, and much less logical. Seemed to follow Holdon around.

Hey, we all do stuff that is embarrassing.

I'm not so sure nuts isn't a good word. Just stop and think. That poor child is dead in her grave and her father is still using her death as a foot-up to fame and money. How gauche is that? How many fathers would make a public spectacle of their daughter's death, using her death for fame and fortune and the chance to be on television? Gag a maggot.

I better quit posting since my blood pressure is starting to rise.

I'm not so sure nuts isn't a good word. Just stop and think. That poor child is dead in her grave and her father is still using her death as a foot-up to fame and money. How gauche is that? How many fathers would make a public spectacle of their daughter's death, using her death for fame and fortune and the chance to be on television? Gag a maggot.

I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine this morning but took it about an hour ago so I should be fine. SD your the best. I want to be first in line for your book when it comes out.

As for the UMI - well that just about sums it up. You couldn't have done a better job and what an interesting thread! I agree with you there should have been an autopsy. You made one statement that was so spot on.

Quote from SD:
PR herself came from a family of beauty pageant contestants. She and her sisters were groomed for it from a young age by their mother. PR's obsession was seemingly a second-generation fixation.

**I often wonder about Nedra's role in this. She never struck me as a particularly warm, friendly mom. Rather, she seemed the type who would not tolerate anything less than the absolute best from her daughters, and that if you weren't the very best you could be, you were worthless. PR was an extremely driven woman, driven to succeed. She often did, but was it enough? Was it for her own satisfaction, or a plea for Mother's love? Did she see JB as a way for her to make up for her "failures" and finally win the love she may have felt her mother denied her? Is that why she had such a severe emotional stake in JB's success? **

When a person's world is built on pillars, all it takes is the buckling of one support to send that person's world crashing in around them. It's no way to live, and it invites tragedy.

These are just some factors to consider.

So, the second part of the question is, if there were warning signs of some mental degeneration, why didn't anyone do anything? Well, any number of reasons, really. I'm sure many people wrote it off as the eccentricities of the nouveau riche. What would be "nuts" in a regular person is "quirky" in someone with vast werewithal. Ego is a big factor. Some people can't admit that they were wrong about people, or that they refused to listen to those nagging instincts. It's a long list. My point is, for a person to seek mental help, there has to be a clear realization that something is not right. But we don't always get that before tragedy strikes.
End quote SD.

I would have to say that for SD to make the above statement which is SO TRUE he must have experienced in one form or another because he understood it. This is what makes SD SD :rocker:

And Boesp you are correct in your review of JR. That's why I alway's wondered why in the world Beth Holloway would be interested in him?
:waitasec:
Sorry about going off topic.

I know what you mean. If there's one thing above all else that strikes me about this case, it's how both parents seemed to use JB's death as a springboard to fame (or at least, notoriety).

I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine this morning but took it about an hour ago so I should be fine. SD your the best. I want to be first in line for your book when it comes out.

Here's hoping sometime this fall.

As for the UMI - well that just about sums it up. You couldn't have done a better job and what an interesting thread! I agree with you there should have been an autopsy. You made one statement that was so spot on.

I really felt like a ghoul saying that, Flatlander. But I still think it would have been medically interesting.

Quote from SD:
PR herself came from a family of beauty pageant contestants. She and her sisters were groomed for it from a young age by their mother. PR's obsession was seemingly a second-generation fixation.

**I often wonder about Nedra's role in this. She never struck me as a particularly warm, friendly mom. Rather, she seemed the type who would not tolerate anything less than the absolute best from her daughters, and that if you weren't the very best you could be, you were worthless. PR was an extremely driven woman, driven to succeed. She often did, but was it enough? Was it for her own satisfaction, or a plea for Mother's love? Did she see JB as a way for her to make up for her "failures" and finally win the love she may have felt her mother denied her? Is that why she had such a severe emotional stake in JB's success? **

When a person's world is built on pillars, all it takes is the buckling of one support to send that person's world crashing in around them. It's no way to live, and it invites tragedy.

These are just some factors to consider.

So, the second part of the question is, if there were warning signs of some mental degeneration, why didn't anyone do anything? Well, any number of reasons, really. I'm sure many people wrote it off as the eccentricities of the nouveau riche. What would be "nuts" in a regular person is "quirky" in someone with vast werewithal. Ego is a big factor. Some people can't admit that they were wrong about people, or that they refused to listen to those nagging instincts. It's a long list. My point is, for a person to seek mental help, there has to be a clear realization that something is not right. But we don't always get that before tragedy strikes.
End quote SD.

I would have to say that for SD to make the above statement which is SO TRUE he must have experienced in one form or another because he understood it. This is what makes SD SD :rocker:
[/QUOTE]

In some ways, I HAVE experienced it. I saw what cancer and the treatments did to both of my parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back