The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 40s
Ms McHugh: I trusted Gerard, for years. Defence: I don't wish to be hard on you. Seems that trust was just not well found. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Ms McHugh: I trusted Gerard, for years #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Mr Byrne: that trust over the affair just was not well founded #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
Ms McHugh: I didn't want to believe that #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 46s
McHugh asked if she felt like she was being played - "it's a symptom of an affair isn't it?" @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Ms McHugh: I was angry with myself as well. She says she didn't want to believe she was being "led up the garden path" again. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Mr Byrne: you felt like you were being let down, led down the garden path, once again #badenclay

10:30am: Ms McHugh has rebuffed suggestions she had unrealistic expectations of her relationship with Mr Baden-Clay.

"I wasn't expecting it to happen in days," she said.

"But one day you expected it to happen," Mr Byrne said.

"Yes, one day I expected it to happen," Ms McHugh replied.

Mr Byrne said: "He seemed to be getting on with his [life] without you."

Ms McHugh replied: "OK, how do you want me to answer that?

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34qt0dM00

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s
Ms McHugh says on April 19, she decided she needed to know what was going to change. #badenclay

It won't take much longer and defence will suggest that it was Toni that had reason to kill Allison!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s
Ms McHugh: on the 19th I decided I needed to understand what was in Gerard's mind #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58s
Ms McHugh: I needed to understand, actually understand what was in Gerard's mind. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 36s
Gerard watching intently as Toni McHugh tearfully tells she was angry to learn Allison would attend real estate conf. @abcnews #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Ms McHugh says she asked to meet him but "we never got the chance". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Ms McHugh: I needed to understand how he was going to resolve financial problems. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Ms McHugh: wanted to meet with him, didn't get the chance #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56s
Defence: He didn't ever respond to your request to meet him? Ms McHugh: No. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
McHugh asked about phone call with #badenclay on 19th Apr 2012, in which McHugh got angry. @abcnews

It won't take much longer and defence will suggest that it was Toni that had reason to kill Allison!

If Toni was to kill anyone I would think it would have been GBC. I know I would like to.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 45s
Jury shown email 11 Apr 2012 in which Gerard writes "leave things to me now." #badenclay @abcnews

What does that even mean? "Leave things to me now" ?? Sounds to me like he was going to "take care of it". Without any elaboration.... Actually sends chills down my spine.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s
Defence: what happened on the 19th was the same as the last three years. Ms McHugh: no, it was different #badenclay

Ms McHugh: It was different, because I was taking more of a stand. I wasn't going to allow it to keep happening. #badenclay

This is so very typical of people in affairs. The man promises he will leave 'one day; the woman holds on to this fantasy which never eventuates.

I know a couple who lived like this for 25 years!

Off topic - I had lunch with a friend the other day - similar situation except he has been telling her he is going to leave the church to be with her and
that's been 23 years !!!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 39s
Ms McHugh: I had to go to conference, had been in job for a week #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 36s
Byrne: you just felt like you were being played? McHugh: It's the symptom of an affair isn't it. #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s
Next day, 20th, she could tell something was wrong as soon as she spoke to Gerard #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Ms McHugh says Gerard sounded distressed when she called him from the conference. He told her Allison was missing. #badenclay

Ms McHugh says she was extremely distressed at going to a conference that Allison would be at. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 52s
Ms McHugh: It was clear it wasn't appropriate to be talking. She says she was aware police were there, or had been. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard told her police were with him. She knew it wasn't appropriate to keep talking at the time #badenclay

Defence says Gerard told her the next morning the police were aware of the affair. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 42s
McHugh disagrees conversation with #badenclay on 19th was precisely what had been going on for years "it was different." @9NewsBrisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbeybabzxx