The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting this as I've changed a couple of points....

Just doing a rewind to yesterday it seems the chequered pyjamas are a big part of this case now. We don't know yet if they were missing or not.

However, if they are missing this is what I'm thinking may have occurred.

I think she was murdered in that bedroom. He dragged her by her feet (see QC Fuller's opening address) out through the door leading onto patio. Her hair & sloppy joe/tracksuit top collects the leaves along the way.

He bundled her body into the Captiva just outside in the carport. '

On the way to Kholo a trickle of blood comes from her mouth or nose or ear. He dumps her under the bridge.

But either at that moment or later, he realises his "she went for a walk" story won't fit with her still wearing pyjamas so "himself" OR "someone else" returns to Kholo with the pair of 3/4 length pants = interfering with a corpse.
I don't think he necessarily went back to Kolo. If you are in or at your home and you have a dead body on your hands, sometime in the middle of the night, you have a bit of time to think this through before you dispose of the body. He would have changed her into walking clothes before he took her. If he went out again it would have doubled the opportunity for someone to see something.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 25s

He has confessed the affair to police and 'didn't anticipate' that police would tell the media #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

Gerard: I spoke to police numerous occasions, asked every question asked #badenclay

Did TM call Allison that night & dob him in I wonder.....

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s

Gerard: pleaded with police, said I'd been given legal advice #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 44s

He says he pleaded that he had been given legal advice not to give a formal statement #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Gerard says he believes he spoke to homicide. Reiterates he didn't know what CIB meant, didn't know what a crime scene was. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 41s

He says one of the police officers was quite aggressive about wanting him to give a formal statement #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s

Fuller asks where he'd met Sgt Narelle Curtis before. He says in a siege situation relating to his real estate business #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Fuller: they asked you to make a formal statement, you did not #badenclay @couriermail

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 40s

He agrees that he refused to give police a formal statement #badenclay

I didn't know he refused to give a formal statement. That looks dodgy, straight away!!:twocents:

respectfully snipped and my observations offered in bold. Although i'm not a veteran websleuther, i am a veteran crime watcher as i try to understand human behaviour. I think we had great breakthroughs yesterday that will stay in the minds of the jury. I'd better stop now, today's staring....

Thank you BatWoman!

Every effort you made in correcting me and explaining the case, the facts and how the court works is appreciated by me and helpful to everyone else reading.

I admire your grasp of it all.

Morning

<respectfully snipped>

GBC IMO was 'killing off' Allison (their marriage and their children's family and future) with what he said about Allison to others, to her and with what he did to her with her knowledge and with what he did without her knowledge; on many levels GBC harmed Allison and for many years he chose not to stop it.

Only family or someone of similar ilk could excuse or condone GBC's choices and actions as a father, as a husband. Better men exist by making better choices.

<respectfully snipped> jmo

BBM. Agree

Well the story had to be constructed once the body was sorted out. I think that is the natural flow of things in an entirely unnatural situation. But the pants are just TOO BIG.

If they really were enormous on her wouldn't the prosecution have brought this up? Or maybe they will today.

I just wonder if this is one of those things where it seems like a big size difference but with the particular make it wasn't really. Even with the same brand I know I can take different sizes in different style clothing. And many women take a larger bottom than top.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s
Gerard agrees he was thankful police were dealing with the investigation seriously and committed resources to it. #badenclay

Sarah Elks &#8207;@sarahelks 30s

#badenclay thinks he spoke to homicide detectives: "I wasn't sure what CIB stood for, didn't really know what a crime scene was."

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 44s

Fuller: you'd had a positive previous dealing with this officer. Gerard: yes #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 52s

He agrees that he knew one of the police officers #badenclay

Sarah Elks &#8207;@sarahelks 1m

"To be perfectly honest, I wasn't thinking homicide." #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s
Fuller suggests to Gerard that police were in contact with him every day. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard says police "probably" kept in contact every day and were at first very responsive. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says once a day wasn't enough. He was desperate for information from police. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Fuller: you'd had a positive previous dealing with this officer. Gerard: yes #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 1m

He had been involved with police in community activities #badenclay

Fuller: You knew some police. You were kept up to date about the investigation #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 33s

He says he desperately wanted to know what was going on #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s
Gerard says he met with his lawyer on that first night. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s
Gerard says there was nothing stopping him from talking to police, other than the advice of his lawyer. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor &#8207;@leoniemellor 36s

G #badenclay says he answered every question police asked incl when they asked him to make a formal statement. He told them No.@abcnews

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 41s

Fuller: when you first speak to lawyer. Gerard: middle of that day, 20th #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 30s

He agrees there was nothing to stop him going to see police #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 49s

Fuller: where did you meet your lawyer. Gerard: BP police station #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s
Fuller says the first call to Gerard's parents address was at 6.44am. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 38s
Fuller says Gerard's first call to Allison was at 6.32am on the morning she went missing. #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 38s

A search headquarters had been set up #badenclay

Leonie Mellor &#8207;@leoniemellor 1m

G #badenclay first spoke to his lawyer midday on Fri April 20th, met him that night at service station between Bris and GC. @abcnews

Fuller: your first call to Allison's phone was at 6.32am. Gerard: correct, sent text first #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Fuller asks which of Allison's friends he called at that time of the morning. Gerard says none. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Fuller: Concerned enough to call your parents? Gerard says that's correct. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 55s

Fuller: your first call to parents was at 6.44am. Gerard: I was starting to get concerned #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 33s

He agrees that he then called his parents #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 31s

Gerard: my initial call was to say had you heard from her #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 46s

He didn't call any of Allison's friends at that time #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online