The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do Kate's this morning, before I head off to work this afternoon ( this "work" thing is such a pain!! )

I know! I'm at work too, but luckily I'm doing some putting together of paperwork that can be done as I read and tweet :p

Thanks to everyone for relaying tweets, links, etc.

I am doing busywork around my place now...not so good at waiting. :(

Don't you just hate it when you write a long post, click submit and then find that the thread you were replying in has been closed!

Good morning everyone :)

No set minimum time but during a case of this length and given the divisive nature (if the content on this forum is anything to go by) I'd be surprised if the jury returned a verdict within the first day of deliberations.

However they cannot just go back out, take a vote and come back in. They are required to go through all evidence thoroughly...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

We're in court about to make a start for day 15 of the Baden-Clay trial. Closing arguments today. @couriermail

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m

Gerard has arrived in Court 11 for day 15 of his murder trial, public gallery is full, waiting for judge and jury #badenclay

I apologise if this has been asked before:

When the jury retires, do they have an actual minimum time set before they can reach a verdict? I don't mean them going away and doing a show of hands on guilty or not, I mean, do they have to wait at least 24 hours or something to make sure they go through the evidence?

And I am putting in an order for coffee please Marly :)

Not that I know of.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

The queue to get inside the court room for the final days of the Baden-Clay trial #badenclay pic.twitter.com/J9lUKHkepS

However they cannot just go back out, take a vote and come back in. They are required to go through all evidence thoroughly...

Yes of course, I think it was yesterday that I addressed this.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 27s

Be-wigged and robed barristers are in place #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 51s

All rise #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 34s

Court is now in session #badenclay

If the jury take long than expected, let it give us all a tiny bit of satisfaction knowing that no matter how anxious we are for a result, GBC is feeling it worse - let him sweat.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s

We're starting with the closing argument from Michael Byrne QC, defence. #badenclay

Byrne says he has prepared some powerpoints to assist the jury. #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 22s

#badenclay 's defence team has begun a powerpoint presentation. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Michael Byrne QC for defence on his feet addressing the jury. 'We've been here for 15 days, it won't be a quick process.' #badenclay

For what it's worth, I polled everyone in the office this morning and of the 7 who were present (including me) there were 5 acquittals and 2 had insufficient knowledge of the case to give an educated answer.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Byrne says the jury might think it has been a whodunnit play, a media circus or a soap opera. Not so, he says. #badenclay

I'll do Francene Norton also

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Byrne: You are the jurors in the trial of Gerard Baden-Clay. @abcnews #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500