The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RKnowley,
Ooops! Well, I know i certainly have been shortening it from Princess Blue to PB...sorry if that irks you or anyone else. It's was simply to save time, not because I think any less of her, for sure!

I truly know you and the others don't think any less of her by calling her PB. I know it's because it's easier to type out and all. It really doesn't irk me to any extent. I just think Princess Blue is such a pretty name for her. I like seeing it that way :) You all can go about typing it however you feel. It won't upset me.

RKnowley,
Ooops! Well, I know i certainly have been shortening it from Princess Blue to PB...sorry if that irks you or anyone else. It's was simply to save time, not because I think any less of her, for sure!

TIA=Thanks in advance
Bump= bumping the thread up so that it appears at the top of the list.

Good evening everyone- wow! You guys stay busy!

Okay, still learning...what does TIA mean?
What is a "bump?"
Thanks!

Good evening everyone- wow! You guys stay busy!

Okay, still learning...what does TIA mean?
What is a "bump?"
Thanks!

TIA= Thanks In Advance

A bump is when a thread has had no activity in a while and it is about to roll off the front page of the forum so someone that wants the case to be remembered simply goes and post "bump" on it to bring it up to the top of the list.

cheers

Hey rich!! Dang we're good! LOL

TIA= Thanks In Advance

A bump is when a thread has had no activity in a while and it is about to roll off the front page of the forum so someone that wants the case to be remembered simply goes and post "bump" on it to bring it up to the top of the list.

cheers

Well, I have been wanting to share something with you guys for awhile now, but I hesitated bec. I didn't want anyone to be shocked, or to quash anyone's determination or enthusiasm for this very worthy hobby that has turned into an all-out cause!
But...it's factual and once again, I'm trying to help be a liason between what we all wonder about - what's really going on inside investigations, versus what we speculate about and then become frustrated. (Some of those frustrations certainly being very valid, or based on experience!)

Unfortunately, I have come across many cases that the family is involved in the disappearance, or at least malice comes at the hand of at least one family member, and no one wants to say anything. I see how intelligent all of you are, and it's not that I didn't think you had thought of this idea, it's just that it SADLY, UNBELIEVABLY happens more than we would like to know. Abuse of any kind is cyclical and shrouded in deceit and secrecy. This only furthers the darkness that comes from it. A huge effort must be put forth to end the cycle and then heal the generations.

My point is, were something to have happened to Princess Blue at the hands of someone close to her, chances are, they, or someone even who knew that that person had been involved in the crime, would not report her missing. I have read that some of you were already alluding to that idea. So many times, teenagers and young adults, esp. girls, run away from a horrible home life, and deep down the family knows why. So if they don't hear from her anymore, they probably won't report her missing bec. they don't want the attn. on their personal lives.

So...there is a good chance that she is not on a missing person database anywhere, unfortunately.

Hi sloane:). Unfortunately, I know that is a possibility. But, it may not be. So, I still try to find her identity in case she has family that misses her. If her family is responsible for her death, then she may still have an aunt, a sister or a brother who although they didn't report her missing, still miss and grieve for her.

Concerning the other possibility, that she was a runaway from a horrible home, it is still possible that she does have family that miss and grieve for her other than her parents or guardians.

Another scenario I thought of was that Princess Blue was in a foster home, had no bio parents who cared about her, the foster parents didn't care, perhaps she turned 18, she left, was murdered, and nobody looked for her and reported her missing. In that case she still might have a sister or brother who still miss her.

Or, she could have a family who has been looking for all this time, and for some reason they have not yet stumbled upon the case of Princess Blue.

Thank you for helping to keep me grounded, sloane, for I understand I must think realistically. But, I will remain hopeful and put forth the effort until I have no more paths to explore.

Lion

Lion (almost called you Loin lol) You are exactly correct and right now we are headed down the correct path with the yearbook and the ring and contacting all the alumni we can. If that doesn't work we will find another path. Right?

Hi sloane:). Unfortunately, I know that is a possibility. But, it may not be. So, I still try to find her identity in case she has family that misses her. If her family is responsible for her death, then she may still have an aunt, a sister or a brother who although they didn't report her missing, still miss and grieve for her.

Concerning the other possibility, that she was a runaway from a horrible home, it is still possible that she does have family that miss and grieve for her other than her parents or guardians.

Another scenario I thought of was that Princess Blue was in a foster home, had no bio parents who cared about her, the foster parents didn't care, perhaps she turned 18, she left, was murdered, and nobody looked for her and reported her missing. In that case she still might have a sister or brother who still miss her.

Or, she could have a family who has been looking for all this time, and for some reason they have not yet stumbled upon the case of Princess Blue.

Thank you for helping to keep me grounded, sloane, for I understand I must think realistically. But, I will remain hopeful and put forth the effort until I have no more paths to explore.

Lion

I'm not sure where I saw this question, but instead of going back to find it to quote it, I'm just giving credit to whoever asked this very important question...do they have Princess Blue's DNA?

The answer, thankfully, is yes!!:woohoo: So , of course that means that they can compare DNA from stored samples of missing person's (i.e. the toothbrushes, razors, hairs from brushes, etc. that a family member of a missing person has been asked to either hold on to, or to turn in). But, because PB's case is older, they may not have known to do that "back then." But her DNA being on file also means that if there is any family member out there RIGHT NOW who thinks this might be their girl, THEY can submit their own DNA today and have a comparison done to the bones. Unfortunately, I'll bet a lot of family members don't know this. (But some of you are so smart and well-researched, I bet YOU did!):clap:

And at the end of the day....we care who she is and that she is given the respect due a human being that lived on this earth.

I'm all to aware of the probability that a family member is involved!

So it is "us" who speak for Princess Blue since she can not.

jmo

The other night when I read this snippet it almost gave me a heart attack because she went to Robert E. Lee High School. I thought she could be our Princess Blue but they found her body later on. At least now I can look up the complete article on the Houston Chronicle website to see what this is exactly about

162. Houston Chronicle - MARCH 29, 1989

Police fear missing girl may have met same fate as slain boyfriend Police fear that a 16-year-old girl missing since mid-March may have met the same fate as her boyfriend, whose decomposed body, bound and shot, was discovered Sunday in a field south of Houston Intercontinental Airport. Esmeralda Rivas, a ninth-grade student at Robert E. Lee High School, was last seen March 13 about 11 a.m. leaving her sister's home with her boyfriend, Omar G. Prado, 21.Rivas' relatives did not hear from the girl or have a hint of her whereabouts...

Purchase Complete Article, of 661 words

She was found deceased:

Houston Chronicle - JUNE 24, 1990

Authorities draw on technology to help ID bodies Video superimposition uses two cameras to match facial features

Robert E. Lee High School student Esmeralda Rivas died last year, but authorities were unsure of that until a few weeks ago. Skeletal remains were found last fall in a remote wooded area. Police believed the 16-year-old had been shot in March 1989.But her body was so badly decomposed that authorities and family members were unable to identify her - until investigators resorted to a rare procedure known as video superimposition.The procedure uses two television cameras to film facial...

Purchase Complete Article, of 973 words

BUT BUT..there are 2 views of the front of the ring, LOL! Why can't they remove one of those and add the side view of the ring or the view of PB with short hair? I know..picky picky ETA: Welcome to websleuths Sloane!
RKnowley- Apparently you are psychic. Have you looked at the TX MPCH site recently? Your side view of the ring is back! :cool: And the facial reproduction of Princess Blue with the long hair is now bigger and at the top. BUT... now there are two pics of the version of PB w/ short hair, and no pic of the top of the ring...go figure. Maybe they rotate???

LOL, it was sure good of them to listen to me. At least someone did :cool: Now if I could just have the front of the ring back I'd be happy. I haven't noticed that they rotate but I guess it could be? I am glad they have the short hair version on there now.

ETA: Looking at the html source code on the TX MPCH for Princess Blue it doesn't look like they have the images set to rotate unless they just go in and rotate/exchange them themselves.

RKnowley- Apparently you are psychic. Have you looked at the TX MPCH site recently? Your side view of the ring is back! :cool: And the facial reproduction of Princess Blue with the long hair is now bigger and at the top. BUT... now there are two pics of the version of PB w/ short hair, and no pic of the top of the ring...go figure. Maybe they rotate???

Even with all the different smilies, I guess it's still difficult to be sure you are being received in an e-mail the way you intend it to be "heard."
I IN NO WAY MEANT TO SAY THAT ANYONE SHOULD GIVE UP ON THIS. I APPLAUDE YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE!! IT'S WONDERFUL THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS. THAT IS WHAT I DO AS WELL. I HOPE THAT IS UNDERSTOOD.

All I was trying to do was to reply to the many ponderings I have seen on this thread about why she isn't on a site somewhere, how do ppl. get on sites when others don't, etc. I am just as positive to keep going, bec. you are right...there are so many possibilities.

richandfamous, I am sorry for what you have experienced or witnessed that makes you so aware of this particular situation. You have my best wishes...

I'm not sure where I saw this question, but instead of going back to find it to quote it, I'm just giving credit to whoever asked this very important question...do they have Princess Blue's DNA?

The answer, thankfully, is yes!!:woohoo: So , of course that means that they can compare DNA from stored samples of missing person's (i.e. the toothbrushes, razors, hairs from brushes, etc. that a family member of a missing person has been asked to either hold on to, or to turn in). But, because PB's case is older, they may not have known to do that "back then." But her DNA being on file also means that if there is any family member out there RIGHT NOW who thinks this might be their girl, THEY can submit their own DNA today and have a comparison done to the bones. Unfortunately, I'll bet a lot of family members don't know this. (But some of you are so smart and well-researched, I bet YOU did!):clap:

Good, sloane and thanks again:). I hoped they had DNA. There was apparently bone marrow still present in at least one bone because it was reported that they tested her bone marrow for drugs. So, I was hoping they were able to obtain a viable DNA sample from her as well.

Lion

Even with all the different smilies, I guess it's still difficult to be sure you are being received in an e-mail the way you intend it to be "heard."
I IN NO WAY MEANT TO SAY THAT ANYONE SHOULD GIVE UP ON THIS. I APPLAUDE YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE!! IT'S WONDERFUL THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS. THAT IS WHAT I DO AS WELL. I HOPE THAT IS UNDERSTOOD.

All I was trying to do was to reply to the many ponderings I have seen on this thread about why she isn't on a site somewhere, how do ppl. get on sites when others don't, etc. I am just as positive to keep going, bec. you are right...there are so many possibilities.

richandfamous, I am sorry for what you have experienced or witnessed that makes you so aware of this particular situation. You have my best wishes...

Yes, we understand you Sloane. Don't be upset. And we like that you are here to help us understand! We just like to hear ourselves speak....lol. Forgive me again! :truce:

Hey all. Checking in. I'll be up all night and am going to start working on a draft letter - if no one is opposed to that. We can use the gmail database to host it and everyone can have access to it -- making changes as necessary. I'll set that up in a bit.

Thanks so much for your insight, sloane. I agree with everyone else with regard to the possibility that she was never on a missing persons list. I'm determined to do my part to at least try to identify her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter