Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of you are aware DNA comparisions were being ran to determine if Princess Blue was a match for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham. I was contacted by Detective Smith of the Dallas, TX PD and told that the DNA results came back and it was determined that there was no match.

Thank you, RKnowley. Onward to find Princess Blue's identity, and I hope and pray that Kimberly is one day found, too.

Lion

Hi Everyone!! :)
Thank you, RKnowley for posting that Cheatham has been formally ruled out as being a match by being compared through DNA. I, too, was disappointed that it didn't turn out to be a match, esp when the facial overlays were so striking. Nice job jaded, for all your work on those! BUT...the good news is that PB's skeletal remains have finally yielded a DNA profile and it was put into CODIS the end of 2007. As most of you know, that means that she has already been compared to all the profiles on file at the Center for Human ID. Now that she's in CODIS, as the cycles run through, she will be compared to EVERY profile there is! This is great and impt. progress...wonderful news and a big "YEA!!" and thanks to the invstgtr's and scientists!! So what this also means is that as we look for possible matches, if the MP write-up states that her DNA is already on file, then it likely isn't a match to PB, or the system would have hit on it already. This is prob the case w/ Teresa BYERS, if the info is correct that says her DNA is avail.
Thank you to all of you working on solving this mystery,

Also, there seemed to be a little speculation on here as to whether PB was ever pregnant or had a child...someone also said something abt the bones not always showing signs of pregnancy or choildbirth, which is true. But sometimes they do. This most recent analysis (in Mar., '07) doesn't make any mention of signs on her bones of such a state, and they do,usually, if they see it. They will caveat it by saying there is a "chance" or a "likelihood" that she carried a pregnancy or bore a child in life, not "for certain," but I've seen them be correct on this in the past once a woman is ID'd and we find out the facts of her life. So my feeling is, PB either never did have a child, or if so, it didn't make itself evident on her bones.
Does this make sense?

I'm sorry that I've been busy working and still have not read all the past threads yet. But while discussing the case with somebody over the weekend and mentioning the yearbook they suggested why not try to get in touch with any of the teachers and see if they recall any pregnant students. I don't know if back in '74-'75 they would have been allowed to remain in school, but I'm sure the teachers would have known about it. Has this been considered?

Sloane, welcome back, friend:blowkiss:. It is so nice to come on here and read a post (or two:D) from you! This is excellent news! I am so glad that a DNA profile was obtained from Princess and in turn entered into CODIS!

I will keep searching for possible matches, making a note of who's DNA is reported to be on file and who's is not.

Thank you for explaining further concerning whether or not Princess may or ma not have given birth. It is pretty much what I thought, but it helps to also hear it from you.

Lion

I'm sorry that I've been busy working and still have not read all the past threads yet. But while discussing the case with somebody over the weekend and mentioning the yearbook they suggested why not try to get in touch with any of the teachers and see if they recall any pregnant students. I don't know if back in '74-'75 they would have been allowed to remain in school, but I'm sure the teachers would have known about it. Has this been considered?

MsRusty, no worries:). We all have times where we are busy with families, work, and other aspects of our lives. I think your idea is a very good one! We can also simply ask them if they recall any students that might have been Princess on the off chance that Princess was actually one of the students.

Lion

I will keep searching for possible matches, making a note of who's DNA is reported to be on file and who's is not.

I think making a note of the DNA status for potential matches is a good idea. I also believe we shouldn't rule possible matches out based on their DNA being entered into CODIS and not matching up with Princess Blue's DNA profile, because (correct me if I'm wrong) there have been cases where the DNA profile for a missing person didn't match up with the DNA profile for a John/Jane Doe, even though it was a match.

I've already started (well, started on it yesterday..lol) on keeping a note of the DNA status of possible matches to Princess Blue.

I am working on a spreadsheet with the possible matches to Princess Blue on it. I am still adding to the spreadsheet and also trying to find out which of the ones listed do have DNA in CODIS.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppBnEW1OaxaVr_ASXq5wUFw. If anyone has any other possible matches they would like added to it please just let me know and I'd be more than glad to add them to the sheet. Also, if you know the DNA status of any of the ones listed I'd like to know so that can be added to the spreadsheet.

Hi RKnowley:). You are a step ahead! Thanks for the link!

Lion

I'd like to revisit this lady as being a possible to Princess Blue. I can't find anywhere that says her DNA is in CODIS and so she may not have already been checked against Princess Blue's DNA.

She may be a couple years old and had a c-section scar (meaning she possibly carried a baby to full term). What do you think??

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/15/2001
mallari_anna_jovita.jpg

Name: Anna Jovita Mallari
Case Number: M8903009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: El Paso (El Paso County)
Last Seen on: 12/1/1988
Height: 5' 0 "
Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 24
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 10/5/1964
Race: Other
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Mallari has a c-section scar on her abdomen. She was reported missing by her employer when she did not show up for work.

ETA: She is Asian (Filipina) according to her Charley Project Page here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallari_anna.html

If I found the right Anna Jovita Mallari on ancestry.com it says she had a son born in August of 1988. If that is the correct one she would have went missing in December of the same year her son was born. :(

That is so sad that her son grew up without a mother. My daughter was born in 1988, and I cannot imagine how things would have been for her without a mom.

I have Anna on a list of possible matches from back in April. I remember her, and the only reason I think I put her aside was because like most of the others when didn't weigh near to 175 LB. But, we know now that the 175 LB thing turned out not to be fact. RKnowley, I agree that we should look more closely ate her. She may be Filipino, but in her picture she also seems to have possible African American traits, too.

IIRC, in the original ME's report the cheekbones were said to not have been prominent. I am having a heck of a time getting to that page for some reason, so I may be incorrect. That and that she was 24 when she disappeared are the only two things I can think of against her as being a possible match. But, they are not big issues to me, and I agree with yo that we may want to research her further.

Lion

Right, I had Anna as a possible also way back when and so did somebodyelse way back when so that's why I said I wanted to "revisit" her as a possible for Princess Blue. I agree that it looks like she has african american traits and I swear I seen on one site it had her listed as Asian/African American/? but I can't find that site now..grrrr.

Princess Blue's autopsy report says this about her cheek bones:

"The cheekbones were not prominent" (just as you said). If you want my opinion (and even if you don't, lol) Princess Blue's cheek bones do look "prominent" in the sketch of her.

At this point I don't know what other research we can do to rule her out? The information available for her online is very limited.

Hmmm, so a number of us had Anna as a possible on our own, "missing" lists. I would like to find out more, and the only way might be track down a number in El Paso of someone who might be able and willing to research Anna's case. The good thing is that Princess Blue has dentals and DNA on file. I don't know if they have either for Anna, though.

Lion

El Paso is about 761 miles from Manvel, Texas. Quite a ways. It would take over 10 hours to get there..hmmm.

This was posted under the Missing but Not Forgotten Forum:

rpm77
user_offline.gif

Princess Blue
I never heard of Princess Blue but I just looked her up- this was not Elisa. She is thought to be part African American and white either one parent or grandparent of the victim. ELisa was niether part African or caucasion her last name Roberson was my dad's name, he adopted her when she was a baby. The victim had six rings none of which belonged to Elisa.

Name: Debra Kay Stewart
Case Number: M0612010
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Austin (Travis County)
Last Seen on: 5/21/1976
Height: 5' 1 "
Weight: 130 lbs.
Age Missing: 19
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 9/5/1956
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Stewart has a scar on one breast. She was last seen wearing blue patchwork jeans, a blue long sleeved blouse with white stitching, a blue bandana, a wide belt and brown shoes. Her vehicle was recovered in Austin.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M12/12/20061:51:41PM'

[quote-RKnowley]
El Paso is about 761 miles from Manvel, Texas. Quite a ways. It would take over 10 hours to get there..hmmm.[/quote]

I thought about that, too. It would be more likely that Princess came from, was visiting, or had ties to the Houston area. The ring is from the Houston area, and her body was found in the Houston area. But, I'll keep her on my good old list for now until we can uncover more about Anna. A woman named Sandy who was from Ohio was finally identified as a UID in New Mexico. So I guess anything is possible.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member