The DWT - The Truck(s?) and the Surveillance Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you called. Great friendly people there. Although, I understand that the source was stunned at the idea as quite a few people have been. I did not "see" anything until I read other posts asking about it. Much like the white spots on the google image. However, with respect I will say that the source is not a video editing expert, nor LE that recovered the video. LE sent it to be enhanced for identification and investigation to a video expert because they needed as much information from those images as possible. In no way would LE discuss or update them on the findings. JMO

For those who have not seen these before, I encourage you to take a look, the link to the other LCG traffic/survellience cameras with refresh rates. Notice how little you can "see" and the distance the vehicles move from frame to frame:
http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/traffic_cameras.aspx

My understanding is that the enhancement of the original image was done by LE and FBI in a collaborative effort.

Not wanting to step on any toes, but I am willing to bet they ARE experts in enhancements..

I am glad you called. Great friendly people there. Although, I understand that the source was stunned at the idea as quite a few people have been. I did not "see" anything until I read other posts asking about it. Much like the white spots on the google image. However, with respect I will say that the source is not a video editing expert, nor LE that recovered the video. LE sent it to be enhanced for identification and investigation to a video expert because they needed as much information from those images as possible. In no way would LE discuss or update them on the findings. JMO

For those who have not seen these before, I encourage you to take a look, the link to the other LCG traffic/survellience cameras with refresh rates. Notice how little you can "see" and the distance the vehicles move from frame to frame:
http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/traffic_cameras.aspx

Thanks for the traffic-cam links. Looks like maybe a 1/2-second delay on those.

My source emphasized that the LCG cameras were not the same type as the traffic cams, were low-res and inexpensive, and did not have the resolution to capture a license plate. It will be interesting to see what refresh rate comes up.

BBM

chicken fried already stated this. this source also saw more frames than we have, etc so I would say it is very possible that they would know more than we do.

The source watched 5 hours of video. Said that there were 3 or 4 more trucks within a few minutes of Mickey's sighting, and lots of bike, foot, and vehicle traffic at Circle K. Source also has extensive experience - decades of experience. Source is not a video expert IMO, but is quite experienced in all things LE. Don't want to say more.

You're right, concentric. It isn't a contest.

We have found out. Mickey was hit between Dean and Coliseum Rds, way past the Circle K, an area that is secluded, dark and little traveled at 2AM.

I am grateful to learn that local LE and FBI did not engage in "covering up" an accident or blurring out details that would have led to BSL sooner.

Someone had said earlier that they would eat crow if they were wrong about the bike light under the truck at the Circle K. Please don't feel like you have to do that. One thing I know, whether we were right or wrong, everyone was here for Mickey.

It is now proven that Mickey nor Mickey's bike are under that truck in that picture. No one has to eat crow. It is just the way it is. Just take this knowledge of camera flaws on to the next abduction case, although I wish there would never be another one, we know this is just not reality.

It is now proven that Mickey nor Mickey's bike are under that truck in that picture. No one has to eat crow. It is just the way it is. Just take this knowledge of camera flaws on to the next abduction case, although I wish there would never be another one, we know this is just not reality.

Translation: Told you so! :)

Let's be kind to one another. Even if some of us became emotionally invested in low-percentage theories, those theories were not completely impossible, just very improbable. The emotion came because we all care about Mickey. If anyone has any ruffled feathers, please click this link and listen to the statements from Josh Coen, Charlene Shunick, and Nancy Rowe Shunick. Listen to their grace, and wonder at the resilient, beautiful qualities of the human soul....

I still think it's funny/crazy how some people had/have such a strong reaction against this theory. That is all it was, was a theory. Whether or not the bike was hit here or there had little, if any, bearing on the case. It was more of a curiosity.

It really seemed to bring out the worst in some people (and I am NOT talking about those in favor of it) and I just don't understand why. I always saw 'something' in the pictures and will always wonder why I see what I see. And I have defended what I thought I saw but only when confronted.

I will now and always stand up strongly for the rights of people to post what they want and to be able to express themselves without intimidation. Any emotion from me was in defense of that right. I respect all people's opinions and theories and if I don't agree I just move on. I have no internal need to attack anyone's opinion.

Now we all have a good idea what happened if we can trust that Brandon told the truth. When I heard the details of what happened to Mickey I didn't even take notice of the fact she wasn't hit at the Circle K...it is that unimportant to me. I am surprised that it would be on the minds of anyone.

All I can think about is that she had to die for absolutely no reason. It was completely senseless. I have a child that is just a few days older than Mickey and I cannot help but to think of what it would be like for my child to have faced this monster.

When a killer like this confesses and there is enough evidence to prove without a doubt that they killed someone in this manner, as soon as the guilty plea is signed, they should immediately be led to a back room and be put to death. Someone like this should not ever have the opportunity to spend the rest of their life in jail. I always think about the victims last 30 seconds of life and the horror of knowing that that's it, everything you know is over. Every killer should have to experience that same feeling!

In the end, I'm just glad that we found out the truth of what happened. The DWT was an emotional issue. It was good that we were able to discuss it. It has been discredited just as many theories have been over the last few months.
My hat if off to those who thought "out the box" in an effort to find Mickey.

Now, if anyone wants to criticize me personally for being such a TERRIBLE sleuther... have at it!!! There was very little I had right. I think we all had the general jist of things correct but I was really off on many of the details. Although, I did think it all happened very quickly and wasn't convinced there was a sexual assault.

What's crazy is that everything we now know is true I had heard somewhere. Even the gun. I just was so on the line with believing rumor.

Sure wish we could rewind everything and protect Mickey from him. I can't even bring myself to read the plea document.

I wish we could channel whatever residual negativity is lingering into positive energy.

Rest in Peace, sweet Mickey. :(

I still think it's funny/crazy how some people had/have such a strong reaction against this theory.

snipped your post a little.

You think it's funny that people were horrified to hear a theory based on LE lying to the public about seeing Mickey get struck ON CAMERA? Or that people reacted negatively to posts which stated that LE had blurred over identifying marks on Brandon's truck?

My reaction was based on several things:
It was HIGHLY improbable. Perps don't choose populated areas to hit and kidnap someone with multiple witnesses standing a couple of yards away.

LE is NOT going to blur details on a suspect's truck. That would make it impossible for the public to help identify the truck or the driver.

It is impossible to further correctly enhance a pre-enhanced photo unless you know what was done previously.

It made us look ridiculous to LE, FBI, Mickey's family and other websites.

I do believe that everyone has a right to express themselves. But once you do, you have to accept that others are going to challenge your opinions.

When those of us who did not agree that we saw what you saw posted that, WE were told that we weren't being helpful. It is hard to have true give and take in situations like that. I think it was remarkable how we all held our tempers and managed to be respectful!

I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, and if you've read here for awhile, you'll be familiar with a statement that I often make. " I have been wrong in the past, I will be wrong in the future, I may be wrong right now." When I am wrong, I do not defend my debunked theory, I apologize for muddying the investigative waters, and I try to learn something from the whole experience. I had a wrong theory that Mickey must have accepted a ride from someone she knew, because there was no other way we'd have no trace of her or her bike. I was wrong.

I am sorry if you feel defensive. No one here faults you or any other person who thought they saw something. As far as I am concerned, there is no "y'all" vs "us." We were ALL here for Mickey.

You think it's funny that people were horrified to hear a theory based on LE lying to the public about seeing Mickey get struck ON CAMERA? Or that people reacted negatively to posts which stated that LE had blurred over identifying marks on Brandon's truck?

It was HIGHLY improbable. Perps don't choose populated areas to hit and kidnap someone with multiple witnesses standing a couple of yards away.

LE is NOT going to blur details on a suspect's truck. That would make it impossible for the public to help identify the truck or the driver.

It is impossible to further correctly enhance a pre-enhanced photo unless you know what was done previously.

I do believe that everyone has a right to express themselves. But once you do, you have to accept that others are going to challenge your opinions.

When those of us who did not agree that we saw what you saw posted that, WE were told that we weren't being helpful. It is hard to have true give and take in situations like that. I think it was remarkable how we all held our tempers and managed to be respectful!

I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, and if you've read here for awhile, you'll be familiar with a statement that I often make. " I have been wrong in the past, I will be wrong in the future, I may be wrong right now." When I am wrong, I do not defend my debunked theory, I apologize for muddying the investigative waters, and I try to learn something from the whole experience. I had a wrong theory that Mickey must have accepted a ride from someone she knew, because there was no other way we'd have no trace of her or her bike. I was wrong.

I am sorry if you feel defensive. No one here faults you or any other person who thought they saw something. As far as I am concerned, there is no "y'all" vs "us." We were ALL here for Mickey.

Not defending the truck hitting the bike at Circle K.
The pictures were manipulated. I've done work with photo editing for years. Why it was done I don't know and I really don't care. I also don't care if I look ridiculous if I think a theory may be correct. Some thought it was ridiculous that little Mickey could fight BSL but she did. Others thought BSL had to have gotten rid of Mickey's body right away but he didn't. If you read a lot about killers, sometimes part of their thrill is to take someone in a public place.
What got me was the rudeness of some posters. IMO that looked ridiculous, especially when all they did was criticize and not come up with any theories of their own.
The bike under the truck theory was incorrect and I knew that for quite a while- 4-6 weeks- because I had info that Mickey was taken near Coliseum, St Landry area. I wasn't going to sit and make fun of anyone though.

Kgeaux, most of what I say here is not directed at you because I don't remember you as one of those that I felt was disrespectful.

I get what you are saying based on those principles but as I and others have said since day one... No one believes the police or anyone else lied about the surveillance video. As a matter of fact they never gave ANY STATEMENT period over the surveillance pictures. They never came out and confirmed or denied it.

I grew up in a family of police officers. And I know for an absolute fact that the police are under NO OBLIGATION to release all of the details of any piece of evidence. I never said they lied or 'covered up' the truth. I have nothing but respect for all members of law enforcement. By not releasing all of the facts, that does not mean they are doing anything disrespectful to the family or public. It means they care about the integrity of the investigation and want want a solid conviction. There were many, many details of this investigations that were kept confidential as it should be.

Once again, if this was the only picture they have of this truck and they strongly suspect the driver is responsible for an abduction, they WILL blur out potential evidence and they will release the enhanced picture if they think it will help identity the suspect. I am sooooo confused why this has been so difficult for people to understand.

And, another thing I don't get that people argue against. Perps absolutely DO abduct people right out in public!!!! Happens often. What about the woman that was abducted off a street curb in broad daylight outside a flower shop by men in a van and as later found murdered, what about the young woman that was led out of a coffee shop by a man in a hoodie and never seen again, what about the perp that attempted to adbduct the little girl a few weeks ago as she was walking her brother down a city street????? I could go on and on. It happens all the time.

Yes, it was improbable that Brandon hit Mickey right there at the Circle K but was it impossible??? No. Was it improbable that Mickey was able to get the knife from Brandon and stab him...yes. But it happened. In an investigation, the improbable is often exactly what happened.

And I have always welcomed discussion of the stills and have had no problem stating why I believed I saw something in the pictures. There were people that did make some of us feel like our opinion was not welcome. I don't remember you as being one of those people.

Some of us that thought the bike light could be under the truck do talk and I know that I am not alone is saying that we did feel attacked at times. Not by the general back and forth discussion but some of the rude comments and people saying we should not discuss it and to move on. Those were the only types of comments that absolutely infuriated me and many others. There is a group that formed an entired new forum just because they felt unwelcome here!

Now that this is said and done, I know some of the local police. I bartended in the area in the past. Those that I am aware of had just as many questions as we have had and not one of them laughed at the possibility she could have been hit there on the surveillance. It was not like the police sat around and joked about what we here on WS theorize. Most of them highly respect that any of us take valuable time from our lives to search for answers in the disappearance and murder of a young woman and trust me, there is NOTHING funny about any of it.

Not defending the truck hitting the bike at Circle K.
The pictures were manipulated. I've done work with photo editing for years. Why it was done I don't know and I really don't care. I also don't care if I look ridiculous if I think a theory may be correct. Some thought it was ridiculous that little Mickey could fight BSL but she did. Others thought BSL had to have gotten rid of Mickey's body right away but he didn't. If you read a lot about killers, sometimes part of their thrill is to take someone in a public place.
What got me was the rudeness of some posters. IMO that looked ridiculous, especially when all they did was criticize and not come up with any theories of their own.
The bike under the truck theory was incorrect and I knew that for quite a while- 4-6 weeks- because I had info that Mickey was taken near Coliseum, St Landry area. I wasn't going to sit and make fun of anyone though.

Well put. Takes me forever to say just this.

ugg... I hate crow! BUT guess what I am having for dinner?!?!

Without giving any opinion on the image, I, for one, am glad that this thread has exhausted its potential usefulness.

I wonder if by keeping this thread going, its simply for the entertainment value. Please keep victims and families in mind and practice good judgement. Just saying to be respectful.

Throw some Chacheries on it, a little Tabasco; it'll be good! OR make a gumbo!

I have some ghost pepper sauce! That might stop me from "seeing" things next time!
~oh well... moving right along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member