The DWT - The Truck(s?) and the Surveillance Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the locals that knew BSL remember what emblem was on the rear window of his DWT. Many discussions on WS regarding the emblem and what it might be.

he states that he has further enhanced the photos to a face that is not BSL and implies that someone other than BSL is the perp

bbm: Where does he state that? (I must have missed it.)

Do any of the locals that knew BSL remember what emblem was on the rear window of his DWT. Many discussions on WS regarding the emblem and what it might be.

I'm not sure that we ever even agreed what people were seeing was an emblem on the window -- although that was a suggestion and, IMO, a good one.

I think some people thought it was the Wood Group emblem.

bbm: Where does he state that? (I must have missed it.)

they are discussing in the VICTIM thread that KateB linked to above. He said he doesn't want to post the suspect's face as he may be innocent??? I need to go read the whole thread as I haven't had time lately. But people are making sure that he is aware that their is likely lots of evidence against BSL and it's possible BSL may have confessed/led LE to Mickey's body.

Now I see some are saying he may just be cutting and posting threads from earlier postings so maybe he isn't meaning it this way?? Confusing.

I think they did block things out and blurred them as in digital forensics there are many ways to detect manipulation. These photos were previously manipulated, to what extent, we don't know. I won't comment on other photos posted on WS that are indeed manipulated but imported into Photoshop or almost any imaging program can show you they are. Problem is when used in a courtroom, a digital image also shows manipulation markers when it is simply rotated. So it is imperative to preserve digital data as is- if the original raw information is important to your case. If you are using it as a tool to find a suspect, or to let the suspect know you are aware he/she was involved, but not give the defense any prior knowledge of the basis of your case, then you might want to obscure identifying or incriminating digital evidence before releasing it to the public. I hope we find out one day if and what they blurred and covered up with scotch tape ;)

BBM

I don't think we know for sure the photos were manipulated... Many have suggested le covered up possible identifying features of the truck... Didn't want to scare him off, etc... My problem with this is, why would they ask the public for help identifying the truck/owner, but 1st alter the photo? Wouldn't it be to their advantage to include all distinguishing features, that separate it from the other 10,000 dwts? Let's say le altered BSL's truck, like a dent, decal, or logo were removed from the photo... If I saw BSL's truck , but his has a logo, dent, or whatever I probably wouldn't call it in. I don't think le would risk that, especially when they were desperate to find her alive. At that point there was no evidence to suggest otherwise.
And as far as le not wanting to tip off the defense... I really don't think le is worried about what some perps defense, someday down the road might know... What they care about is id'ing that truck, locating the perp, and getting answers to find Mickey. As soon as possible.
BTW, le doesn't take the case to trial, the State does...

All jmo.

IMO, it is this emblem. It's very common on trucks around here and ever since the original discussion on WS, I've been more attuned to noticing them. I've seen lots of them, thru all angles, front and back and IMO it is this or something very similar.

Attachments

• wildlife%20fleur%20de%20Lis_full.jpg
    wildlife%20fleur%20de%20Lis_full.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
I have been trying to avoid he truck discussion for fear that it could be hostile. I am happy there is a place where it can be discussed and read by those that have an interest.

I mean this jokingly, that I am going to let my freak flag fly high today and put it all out there :)

I really do not think Mickey is under the truck but I still cannot convince myself that the bike is not under there. And, I have been told by many that it just isn't possible for any number of reasons. Yet I continue to see it!

And it is not that p word where people look at an image and see things that are not there. That would be the case with those that see owls and devils. What I see is there.

Now I can play around with Photoshop and Apple Aperature and a number of other programs and am not an expert of any sort. But, I don't need any program at all to see that there is 'something' going on that picture. Even with Chicken Fried's very knowledgeable lesson on light, I still see what I see and I do not see it in the other pictures that were taken under the same light sources and with the same camera.

What I mainly see is the light that clearly looks like the bike light, possibly the bike seat in front of the tire, some other debri or shadows on the ground and something blocking the bottom portion of the rear cab and it is not the road sign.

The black mark behind the wheel is likely from the oilfield. I pulled up some pictures of trucks parked in an oilfield lot and many of them had these black marks.

It does appear that the front tire is raised as if it is running over something, possibly the bike frame. And I do think a bike frame would be enough to elevate the tire slightly. It would not crush the bike frame so it must run over and raise the tire by at least a couple of inches. And it does appear the truck is turning slightly toward the left.

I at one time took the original image and looked at it in a very large format. I did not enlarge it, just viewed it on a very large screen. This does not change the pixelation or alter the image. I could clearly see the driver. Not exactly as Mr. N depicted him in his alteration but similar. And you can see that the driver had dark hair and a heavier build. No facial features were obvious, just the hair and upper torso. The driver side window appears to be down.

There was also something on the dashboard such as a small duffel bag or something along those lines. Not very big but oblong and dark.

I do think Brandon could have hit Mickey there, knocked her off the bike and either grabbed her there or she somehow ended up further down the road on foot when he got her. The one person that appears to be outside may not have realized exactly what was going on and may have come forward at some point.

As for police blurring out some areas, it is a possibility and could explain some of the anomalies we see. On the picture of the white truck going the opposite direction of Mickey, I think I do see where there is a spot on the tailgate that seems to have a square placed over whatever is on the tailgate. To me, this looks very much like Mickey sitting on the tailgate but I haven't been able to make sense of why.

I also still think both white trucks are the same. The truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey is definitely not the same truck with the bed cover. This is just not possible in my opinion. Early on police said that the white truck with the bed cover was cleared and that another white truck was determined to be the same truck with the bed cover. They must have meant a different image because that truck does not have a bed cover.

I have never seen police state that the truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey was cleared. They have said that evidence shows that the truck going in the same direction of Mickey was Brandon. Maybe they just do not have evidence that can prove the other truck was him.

Now I won't fault anyone if you tell me I am crazy on this but I can just swear I see someone bent over looking under the trucks drivers side front wheel area. This is on the truck going opposite as Mickey. I can see a roundish area that looks like a heavier person on their knees bending way over as if their behind is up in the air. I can see what looks like two shoes behind their behind. I don't want to see it and may deny it later but I just do see it and cannot unsee it.

As for those that think all that commotion would draw attention... I have a story for you!!

Now, none of you know who I am so I feel somewhat safe in sharing this story. several days ago I was out in one of the local establishments when a well known 'trouble maker when intoxicated' guy came in already in a bad state. He eventually was persuaded to leave but was really stumbling around out near the road and this is at 2am.

I don't really know this man but I know who he is and he dated a good friend for quite some time. He is a good person when not severly alcohol impaired. Well, I could not leave him out in the street stumbling down drunk and no one else cared.

I loaded him into my car and proceeded to take him a couple blocks down and across the street from the police station ( not saying which one!). He got out of the car, went to the door of the apartment and fumbled with the door handle. Then to my shock he started kicking the door with all his force and slightly knocked the door from its frame. To make my long story shorter, it was not his house! He was so drunk he did not know where we even were and his real home was a few miles away.

This kicking and banging on the door was very loud, my car was parked in front with the engine running and lights on. The police station is right there. Not one light came on anywhere, not one person peaked out, no one called the police. A man walked past with a dog and did not even glance in our direction. Cars drove past. Nothing at all happened.

Then I got out of there!! :)

I have been trying to avoid he truck discussion for fear that it could be hostile. I am happy there is a place where it can be discussed and read by those that have an interest.

<snipped>

I also still think both white trucks are the same. The truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey is definitely not the same truck with the bed cover. This is just not possible in my opinion. Early on police said that the white truck with the bed cover was cleared and that another white truck was determined to be the same truck with the bed cover. They must have meant a different image because that truck does not have a bed cover.

I have never seen police state that the truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey was cleared. They have said that evidence shows that the truck going in the same direction of Mickey was Brandon. Maybe they just do not have evidence that can prove the other truck was him.

Now I won't fault anyone if you tell me I am crazy on this but I can just swear I see someone bent over looking under the trucks drivers side front wheel area. This is on the truck going opposite as Mickey. I can see a roundish area that looks like a heavier person on their knees bending way over as if their behind is up in the air. I can see what looks like two shoes behind their behind. I don't want to see it and may deny it later but I just do see it and cannot unsee it.

Thank you for sharing your observations so openly. I am one, too, who thinks the bike or part of it may be under the truck.

bbm: Now -- dare we bring over a picture of the truck going in the other direction? (I want to have another look, with your statements about it in mind.)

Thank you for sharing your observations so openly. I am one, too, who thinks the bike or part of it may be under the truck.

bbm: Now -- dare we bring over a picture of the truck going in the other direction? (I want to have another look, with your statements about it in mind.)

Haha. Now I am not sure if I am that brave :)

I will have to have a couple of cocktails before I am ready for that next step!

Hmmm ... guess I may just go on to bed and check back tomorrow. (Maybe some other curious person will do the dirty deed for us, LOL. Or, if not, I can just go back in the earlier threads and take a look.)

Honestly, what made the DWT so radioactive was when people started coloring in pixels themselves to show drivers that weren't originally there. And Muslim women and giant owls didn't help. But don't be scared.... that dang truck is burnt to a crisp and most of us are being civil!

:)

Yikes, we've been discovered at our dubious deeds... :what:

:jail:
As for those that think all that commotion would draw attention... I have a story for you!!

Now, none of you know who I am so I feel somewhat safe in sharing this story. several days ago I was out in one of the local establishments when a well known 'trouble maker when intoxicated' guy came in already in a bad state. He eventually was persuaded to leave but was really stumbling around out near the road and this is at 2am.

I don't really know this man but I know who he is and he dated a good friend for quite some time. He is a good person when not severly alcohol impaired. Well, I could not leave him out in the street stumbling down drunk and no one else cared.

I loaded him into my car and proceeded to take him a couple blocks down and across the street from the police station ( not saying which one!). He got out of the car, went to the door of the apartment and fumbled with the door handle. Then to my shock he started kicking the door with all his force and slightly knocked the door from its frame. To make my long story shorter, it was not his house! He was so drunk he did not know where we even were and his real home was a few miles away.

This kicking and banging on the door was very loud, my car was parked in front with the engine running and lights on. The police station is right there. Not one light came on anywhere, not one person peaked out, no one called the police. A man walked past with a dog and did not even glance in our direction. Cars drove past. Nothing at all happened.

Then I got out of there!! :)

As I have previously stated in general people just don't get involved like they used to. You see so much more now of couples arguing and fighting in public. When I see it my thought is "how embarrassing" and go about my business. Now if someone's life appeared to be in danger I wouldn't hesitate to do what needed to be done. I this case if all I saw was a truck stopped in the road with no other vehicles even if there was yelling going on I would assume it was just a couple having an argument. Then once the picture became available I would have called LE. MOO

Help yourself we have held our thoughts too long IMO you have a right to evaluate any way you want. If you do I would like you to take note of one of my earlier post about the boxes and let me know what you think! It is in this thread.

Honestly, what made the DWT so radioactive was when people started coloring in pixels themselves to show drivers that weren't originally there. And Muslim women and giant owls didn't help. But don't be scared.... that dang truck is burnt to a crisp and most of us are being civil!

:)

I agree with you it really bothered me when the joking about seeing crazy things and especially the black object driving the truck. Mickey was missing and there was nothing funny about it. I do want you to know that I have read every one of your post and I somewhat understand your logic and I appreciate you knowledge! I just can't give up on knowing what I am not seeing. I do know what I see that is keeping me from what I am unable to see, hope that makes sense. Also along with the fact that I don't know if Mickey was stopped, coasting, pulling into the parking or peddling with all her might I just can't rule out that he bike could have been hit in this spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1