The evidence failed Caylee, not the Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence did not fail Caylee! Hundreds of pieces of evidence and the one most important the jurors chose to ignore. The duct tape that was used to suffocate her was still attached to her skull with her mandible in place after 6 months of being scattered by animals, flooded by hurricanes and rotting in the elements. I don't know about you, but I find it extremely intriguing that with all her little tiny bones scattered, the one piece of evidence to PROVE she was murdered was intact. Divine intervention? Animals could have easily removed the mandible, they did not. Caylee was screaming for justice, wanted the world to know what happened and she was failed by those 12 jurors who chose to buy into the defenses fantasyland. She was failed by her mother, her grandmother, her grandfather and her uncle.

I don't find the murder of a 34 month old baby girl and the subsequent acquittal of her murderous mother "entertaining". I find it sickening and extremely sad. Caylee deserved justice and thanks to 12 jurors who couldn't "connect the dots" she will never receive it. I'll move on when I'm ready, and right now I'm not.

If duct tape was used to suffocate her, why leave it on then? And why use duct tape at all, surely other things would have been more readily available? And if duct tape was attached to her face, why would it be attached to her skull after the tissue decomposed? Surely it would have fallen away, the fact that it was there suggests that it came to be there long after decomposition, not before.

(((snipped)))

No properly instructed and intelligent jury would convict someone of murder if the prosecution could not provide:

a) a plausible motive

b) an accurate manner of death

c) concrete physical evidence

If they even had ONE of the above, combined with the circumstantial evidence at hand, the jury would have found her guilty for at least agg manslaughter and possibly even murder. But when you present your case and provide none of the above key elements, you cannot convince a jury of murder, much less any wrongdoing.

It appears that most people believe these specific points were adequately addressed by the state. That would include the resident lawyers who participate in these threads.

Why some folks would regard the key elements to be adequate and others not is what I'm trying to understand. IMO the quality of the evidence is not as important as something else. I would mean that for both persuasions.

I think this jury failed because a majority of them are confused about cause and effect, accountability and responsibility. Within themselves. This is simply human, some being more willing to step up and be accountable than others. I think we had a jury of people who didn't possess a lot of courage, willing to acquit out of GUILT. Their decision to acquit was cowardly, not prudent.

There was so much evidence stipulated to, IMO. WHY didn't this jury look at any of it?

No, IMO, the evidence was there, this jury could not and did not interpret it correctly. This jury was ready to go home and get on with their lives. I just have to wonder why they are surprised that most of the general public is outraged at them.

I am thoroughly disgusted at this verdict. It was not that the evidence was not there.

MOO

I'm just dumbstruck that people think there was not enough evidence.

A dead Caylee in a swamp with duct tape wrapped around her skull isnt enough. Casey partying and not reporting her child isnt enough? Casey sending everyone looking for a Zanny?

Wow - it beggars belief that people cant add 1 + 1 to = 2

It's a sad day for the criminal justice system that baby killers can walk free if they dispose of the body 'correctly'

No, it wasn't. It was sticking to the hair and a little bit to the mandible in one spot, and Dr. G opined that the mandible stayed in the proper placement because the duct tape previously had been holding the skull together.

This is why I would really like to see those photos of the skull, even though they would probably haunt me forever. The blurred photos don't help us see the difference between reality and what we had imagined after reading the ME report.

Jeff Ashton said the photos were very convincing to him and he wish that more people could see them. He said something of this nature on several programs yesterday.

At least juror #3 showed "shock" when asked how she felt about the public's outrage.

I got this sense of "smugness" from Ford (to bolster her buyer's remorse, I'm sure). I get this sense of satisfaction, of imagined "martyrdom", because they HAD to let the baby murderer go because some ill-defined amount of "evidence" was not there. I wonder if they expected people to pat them on the back for being "brave" enough to make such a legally evolved decision.

Woops, here comes the villagers with pitchforks. We don't want legalism. We want justice, and this jury robbed the world of confidence in the justice system.

I sincerely and totally disagree with the title of this thread. I am so disappointed and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that she has been found ng. I need to move on and will not be watching her in court this morning.

If duct tape was used to suffocate her, why leave it on then? And why use duct tape at all, surely other things would have been more readily available? And if duct tape was attached to her face, why would it be attached to her skull after the tissue decomposed? Surely it would have fallen away, the fact that it was there suggests that it came to be there long after decomposition, not before.

This is why duct tape was used and it was readily available in the Anthony home!

caylee-crying.png

What is one of the weapons used by criminals to shut someone up? In this case, she used it not only to shut Caylee up but to kill her by applying 3 layers! I can't believe people still question the duct tape when it was proven and testified to in this case that the duct tape was attached to the skull and the mandible was still in place. It was degraded and Jeff Ashton clearly told this jury that there was nothing left of it, even the cotton part was gone but remnants of the fibers were still on the skull part.

No, it wasn't. It was sticking to the hair and a little bit to the mandible in one spot, and Dr. G opined that the mandible stayed in the proper placement because the duct tape previously had been holding the skull together.

This is why I would really like to see those photos of the skull, even though they would probably haunt me forever. The blurred photos don't help us see the difference between reality and what we had imagined after reading the ME report.

I find it amazing that all of us want to see that photo even if it will haunt us forever but this jury took one look at it when it was presented and never looked at it again during deliberation. It boggles my mind.

There was so much evidence stipulated to, IMO. WHY didn't this jury look at any of it?

No, IMO, the evidence was there, this jury could not and did not interpret it correctly. This jury was ready to go home and get on with their lives. I just have to wonder why they are surprised that most of the general public is outraged at them.

I am thoroughly disgusted at this verdict. It was not that the evidence was not there.

MOO

Twelve people, 12, interpreted the evidence the same way - not enough, not proven. That says it all for me.

Love your posts, but on this point, well, we disagree.

My opinion only

Tune in today for the Casey awards.......she will be receiving the get out of jail free award for her successful actions while Caylee deteriated in the swamp. ...and to the jurors who decided she did nothing wrong.

I listened to the comments of Ms. Ford (Juror #3) and it seems as though this jury took the phrase "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" to mean that the state HAD to prove with absolute certainty that Casey was guilty. Another mistake was that the jury believed that motive was a requirement for a conviction, (it was not.) Than, when they could come up with no agreement as to Caylee's death, they thought "The prosecution has no case" so they had to believe almost everything the defense told them.

This jury seemed to be more concerned with Casey's troubled past, rather than justice for Caylee. So I would have to ask the board, what does "Beyond A Reasonable Doubt" mean to you? I think if "Preponderance of Evidence in a Civil Case puts liability at 51% or better." I think "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt should be at 75% or better. This jury wanted "Beyond ALL doubt" for the prosecution to prove their case, and that's just not fair. You cannot walk such a tightrope and fine line.

The jury also failed to realize the intensity at which excessive lying to the police that Casey did, could have caused her to lie about everything concerning what she said happened to Caylee. I was shocked that they seemed to blame George MORE than Casey!

The interviews to me indicated that they expected perfection, a perfect crime scene, Casey's DNA, HD photos of everything. It's almost like they would have had to have seen Casey do the murders before they could convict. And that's just not right!

I wish that the Double Jeopardy Rule. (No person can be retried twice for the same crime) could be overturned, so that if new evidence is presented and the DA's office believes they could do better a second time, that cases could be re-tried after an acquittal. But US Constitutional Law prevents that.

"Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" does NOT mean absolute certainty. If it did, hardly anyone would be convicted in a criminal case!

Satch

I wanted to bump this...i totally agree with every word!...very well said.

Tune in today for the Casey awards.......she will be receiving the get out of jail free award for her successful actions while Caylee deteriated in the swamp. ...and to the jurors who decided she did nothing wrong.

Not only did she do nothing wrong...but according to at least jury member..she was a good mother!!!!?????

I really think that Russ has a screw loose and is loving the attention..just tyring to be contreversial to get more interviews.

Twelve people, 12, interpreted the evidence the same way - not enough, not proven. That says it all for me.

Love your posts, but on this point, well, we disagree.

My opinion only

I don't know if that is the case though..as more comes out it sounds like some jurours wanted guilty but were railroaded into not guilty by those with stronger Voices...probably the criminal element among them,,who had no place on ANY jury IMO.

Everyone go back and read the rules and TOS. Because the one thing you are not going to get away with here is snark, making comments about other posters, telling posters that their information is NG, or that their feelings and opinions are wrong. And I don't care which opinion you have, word your opinion posts with no finger pointing and no discussion of other posters or this forum.

What you can have is an opinion which differs. What you cannot do is point fingers, tell other posters they are not bright or allude to such. What you can do is state your opinion without any of these comments. And if you see name calling you alert you do not have the right to chastise other posters!

So stop now. Because this is the 10th time I have made this post and I'm done warning.

This thread is closed because of the personal attacks on one another. Today is a new day. If you launce an attack on another poster today you will be placed on a TO. You have had plenty of warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz