The footprints/shoeprints on the balcony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the one palmpalm print came from the one foot officer :p
That would explain why there is only one print. Perhaps he should play the role of "Half" on "Two and a Half Men." :D

Thank you so much for your most excellent work on this! But, EEK! What is up with the SD Sheriff's office claiming that 11 "!
I believe that’s called making the evidence fit your theory.

I noticed the one next to the door by the rope a while back.

I believe that’s called making the evidence fit your theory.

Somewhat akin to making a size 9 foot fit into a baby bootie! Cripe, I don't think I've ever seen such painful fitting as this.

? The black paint - was there any found on Rebeccas body? Did it match up with the note left on on the door?

Then how did RN go over it? Her feet and hands were bound, she couldn't have jumped over it.

Have been wondering that it was a two-person job, which could solve the rope estimating question.

One person could have propped up RZ body on the table while the other worked backwards to what turned out to be the bed to use enough rope to do the deed. That is, IF they used the tow rope's full uncut length, which right now I don't think is the case. LE left out total rope length in their reports.

In the AR it is stated that Rebecca had dust/dirt on her left thigh area, not on her waist. So how did LE come up with the idea that she went over at her waist and that the amount of disturbance on the railing matches up perfectly with the width of her waist?

In the AR it is stated that Rebecca had dust/dirt on her left thigh area, not on her waist. So how did LE come up with the idea that she went over at her waist and that the amount of disturbance on the railing matches up perfectly with the width of her waist?

Ah, good catch. I think given the working backwards with the rope length theory, the fact that lividity was set in her back not in her feet or legs, she was hit on the head 4 times, the extra shoeprints, the dust disturbance not matching her waist, not fathoming how she heaved herself over being bound, and dust on her thigh ...

I'll propose that she was murdered first, perhaps suffocated in addition to being hit (maybe that shirt was not just a gag), after she died she was tossed over the balcony to make it look like a hanging by suicide - her hip just didn't quite clear the railing (although I still don't think that looks like a suicide maybe someone did!).

I still have problems with the whole Adam cutting her down scenario though as I mentioned in the "Case for Murder" thread.

Here is another look at the railing:
2rmwihk.jpg

I have a question and it is a little graphic so I do apologize for that in advance.

If Rebecca was alive when she went over the railing, would she not have struggled? Isn't that a part of human nature? She would not only have swung back and forth from going over the railing but she would also be going from side to side some from the struggling. So why is there no evidence of that happening on the railing? There is no evidence of the rope moving in any type of side to side motion. The amount of dust removed from the rope shows that the rope stayed in one location.

Maybe Rebecca was actually hanged from the table .. pulled up.. insead of thrown/pushed down?

Was the rope at the (37) mark? or was it move to take the pic? Look like there was a rope at the (32) mark...

Maybe Rebecca was actually hanged from the table .. pulled up.. insead of thrown/pushed down?

Was the rope at the (37) mark? or was it move to take the pic? Look like there was a rope at the (32) mark...

That's a good point! I'd like to see another ME or two look over the autopsy to see if the damage to her neck was conducive to being thrown over or a more passive method.

I have no idea. The actual disturbance certainly does not appear to be an 11 inch disturbance, but rather several small areas of disturbances. How does woman with hands and feet bound gets over the railing while leaving several small areas of disturbance on the railing? She can't jump, her feet are bound. She can't support herself with her hands, her hands are bound behind her back.

I don't want to be graphic, but where ever it was she died, wouldn't there be bodily fluids?

Have been wondering that it was a two-person job, which could solve the rope estimating question.

One person could have propped up RZ body on the table while the other worked backwards to what turned out to be the bed to use enough rope to do the deed. That is, IF they used the tow rope's full uncut length, which right now I don't think is the case. LE left out total rope length in their reports.

Unless they already had a plan and cut the rope accordingly. Small section off the end with the handle for the feet, then cut the other section into two pieces. Makes each section less than 30', and given the previous estimates of ~17 to 19 feet from the bed to the balcony....

Phone Rebecca to locate her in the mansion, sneak up on her and hit her on the head. Manually strangle her, sit her in the chair in the bedroom and tie her up then stand her up, carry her over to the balcony, plant her feet twice to make things look good and push her over the railing.

I believe more and more every day that Rebecca was tied into a hog tie and tossed over the balcony.

Barefoot prints on the balcony do not support Rebecca going over the railing period on her own; it doesn't matter what the dimensions are. With her ankles tied there are no prints close together near the railing period. The photo of the balcony at night was taken at 3:20 am on July 14 - she was found on the morning of the 13th - a long time.

There are only 3 areas on the railing that are truly wiped clean as evidenced by a shiny black surface in each instance.

2z7eer9.jpg

An approximately 3” area – from 18.25 to 21.25 inches on the “ruler.”
An approximately 1.25” area - from 27 to 28.25 inches on the “ruler.”
An approximately 1/2” area – from 32 to 32.5 inches on the “ruler.”

There is no area on the railing sufficiently wiped clean that would correspond with RN leaning over, and subsequently falling over, as law enforcement would have us believe.

I believe the 3” area might be explained by someone placing their hand on the railing.
Hand breadth:
In males, the right hand breadth varied from 7.30cm (2.87in) to 9.40cm (3.70in) (mean 8.45cm (3.33in) & SD 0.40)

and left hand breadth varied from 7.20cm (2.83in) to 9.40cm (3.70in) (mean 8.42cm (3.31in) & SD 0.40).

In females, the right hand breadth varied from 6.70cm (2.64in) to 8.80cm (3.46in) (mean 7.48cm (2.94in) & SD 0.38)

and left hand breadth varied from 6.60cm (2.60in) to 8.70cm (3.43in) (mean 7.42cm (2.92in) & SD 0.37).
http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijfs/vol1n2/hand.xml

The other two areas relate to the rope, as red fiber evidence is apparent on the outside edge of the railing.

11kjhc3.jpg

Yes, how?
The railing was 36” high and RN was athletic, however, if she did hop to within 6” of the railing as evidenced by the toe print she would not have been able to clear the railing without any contact, IMO. All that would have accomplished would have been to allow her center of gravity to clear the railing and allowed her to fall. It still would not explain why there would not be a significant area wiped clean on the railing. I would also expect both toe prints and heel impressions to be visible if she tried to jump.

..val @ the hinky has also noted a possible 2 more footprints.

Valhall: "There are two more that I have identified. One very clear, the other questionable".

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/images/RZ/rz8671.jpg
------original picture---

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/images/RZ/rz8671marked.jpg
------outline of new footprints marked---

Here is another look at the railing:
2rmwihk.jpg

I moved these to the other new thread also. Please let me know if that is not ok!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph