The Homeless Man with the Golden Voice: things are looking up!

I don't know if this man is ready to be gut honest with himself, face his addiction and really change. I get the impression that he is just not ready. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know if this man is ready to be gut honest with himself, face his addiction and really change. I get the impression that he is just not ready. I hope I'm wrong.

You aren't wrong...Dr. Phil announced on yesterdays' show TW's left rehab against medical advice. As I watched him on the show, I knew he was just talking, has the gift of gab. His fiance wants to be back on the street, she likes that life and will be very detrimental to TW. He needs to see the light for he cannot do this very much longer.

I know, I'm clean and sober for 27 years, only to have had a very serious car accident and now am on pain management. I don't abuse my pain meds, I use them as directed. I can still "feel" when someone is not truthful, and this guy isn't truthful. He's a con who's been given a great "second chance" and he blows it...Too bad for him...JMHO

You aren't wrong...Dr. Phil announced on yesterdays' show TW's left rehab against medical advice. As I watched him on the show, I knew he was just talking, has the gift of gab. His fiance wants to be back on the street, she likes that life and will be very detrimental to TW. He needs to see the light for he cannot do this very much longer.

I know, I'm clean and sober for 27 years, only to have had a very serious car accident and now am on pain management. I don't abuse my pain meds, I use them as directed. I can still "feel" when someone is not truthful, and this guy isn't truthful. He's a con who's been given a great "second chance" and he blows it...Too bad for him...JMHO

Congrats on your sobriety, LLL. I'm so sorry about your accident.

He left? He left rehab?

Every word TW said I believed. Up until he was insisting he go back to Ohio before rehab. Typical addict behavior I figured.

Sad. The entire thing is sad. However, if we never got to see him all over the place and heard his golden voice he'd have been out there all the same. There's a million TW's out there still suffering.

Sad indeed.

Wait! The girlfriend went off to rehab as well. Is she still in there? Maybe she will get the help she needs.

'I'm taking it one day at a time': Ted 'Golden Voice' Williams reveals he has been sober for one year (Daily Mail)
He may have starred in a YouTube video that went viral, turning him from a homeless crack addict to a minor celebrity with a home and a job, but the journey has not been easy for Ted Williams.

The man nicknamed Golden Voice, due to his silky delivery, has admitted that coming into money for the first time in 17 years allowed him to binge on alcohol - and led to two stints in rehab.

But he added that he has now achieved one year of sobriety, walking his daughter down the aisle at her wedding to celebrate the anniversary on May 4.
---
more at DM link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500