The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

Hi all, Happy New Year, sorry for the late response, been busy for a few weeks here. I wanted to share that I dug a bit further into this font and in fact the site I previously mentioned is wrong. It is not from Summitsoft - the Growler font was from the company Fontworks, which is based in Japan. In doing some simple Google searching, I found out that Fontworks is a rather large Japanese graphics/creative name in Japan, sort of akin to Adobe. Matter of fact, there is even crossover between Adobe and Fontworks. I was able to find the actual .otf font file for Growler, feel free to install it and check it out for yourself, here.

I do caution people that just because this font seems like a match, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's the actual font, nor does it mean that it was even remotely sourced/related/inspired by this font. Perhaps a more likely situation is that, the tool used is in that crescent ( shape. If you take a look at the H it's obviously just two (s and a center line, but what's not so obvious is that the M can be made entirely with (s as well, 4 of them. If you measure the angles and sizing of the (s they do check out as being identical.

So this said, I don't necessarily know what to think of this. However, I do find it very eerie how similar this font is, presumably the belt font and this .otf file are based on the same typefacing technique, that is, how the lettering is made. Further adding to the curiosity here is that there is virtually no information on this Growler font, which, while not necessarily surprising, is quite unusual (I work in production media professionally). In any case, I thought this forum would appreciate this, and perhaps that above Archive.org link will give you some more Fontworks fonts to dig into. One thing I have not done that may be worth doing is to reach out to Fontworks and inquire about any licensing/usage known of this font. They may have no idea, as fonts, especially open source ones, spread freely, but perhaps they would know the original distribution channel of the typefaces, etc. Something I have thought of.

Very happy to be a part of this community, I have been following for many years. Cheers, and talk soon.

View attachment 393162
*advertiser censored* HUNTER. My thoughts on what MH could mean.

This post is in relation to GilgoNews.com – the website created by Suffolk County Police for the Long Island Serial Killer case. If you already know about how the belt is connected to Barnes or that the police have a hidden victim page for Andre Isaac, then skip to the final paragraph.

First, the WH/HM belt.
In 2020, two images of a belt were uploaded to the site by police to bring in tips. They said the belt was handled by the killer and discovered at one of the crime scenes. The day the pictures were released to the public, I discovered the name Barnes was in the URL and the file name when I downloaded the images to my computer. Maureen Brainard-Barnes is a victim in this case. They quickly changed the URL to something more generic but the old links still work.
https://www.gilgonews.com/images/Articles/belt pic Barnes 10-658464 ME10-4485 brown1.jpg
https://www.gilgonews.com/images/Articles/belt pic Barnes 10-658464 ME10-4485 black2noglove.jpg

Next, Andre Isaac.
Andre Isaac has a victim page on GilgoNews IF YOU TYPE THE URL MANUALLY. You can’t find the profile of this victim when using the website’s navigation, but Andre Isaac (AKA Sugar Bear) is definitely there on the website – and the URL path indicates victim. In 2020, someone discovered it. When the police were asked why this hidden page dedicated to Andre exists, they said that they were just testing the site. Today, in June of 2023, that page still exists – even after they revamped the website in 2022. Reasonable people can reasonably conclude that Andre Isaac is a victim of the Long Island Serial Killer.
https://www.gilgonews.com/Vics/andreisaac

Lastly, hidden but totally public crime scene/evidence pictures.
Four images connected to Maureen Brainard-Barnes are hidden from the website navigation but the direct URL is completely public. Similar to other unhidden crime scene/evidence pictures on the website, these pictures show where Barnes was discovered with evidence markers. But they differ from the website’s unhidden Barnes pictures in that there is snow on the ground…

People will say the police are still incompetent and that this is yet another complete blunder. It could be, but it could be strategy, too.

Has anyone considered that the letters on the belt could be E and a capital i?

Note: Rotate the picture 90 degrees to the left.

This post is in relation to GilgoNews.com – the website created by Suffolk County Police for the Long Island Serial Killer case. If you already know about how the belt is connected to Barnes or that the police have a hidden victim page for Andre Isaac, then skip to the final paragraph.

First, the WH/HM belt.
In 2020, two images of a belt were uploaded to the site by police to bring in tips. They said the belt was handled by the killer and discovered at one of the crime scenes. The day the pictures were released to the public, I discovered the name Barnes was in the URL and the file name when I downloaded the images to my computer. Maureen Brainard-Barnes is a victim in this case. They quickly changed the URL to something more generic but the old links still work.
https://www.gilgonews.com/images/Articles/belt pic Barnes 10-658464 ME10-4485 brown1.jpg
https://www.gilgonews.com/images/Articles/belt pic Barnes 10-658464 ME10-4485 black2noglove.jpg

Next, Andre Isaac.
Andre Isaac has a victim page on GilgoNews IF YOU TYPE THE URL MANUALLY. You can’t find the profile of this victim when using the website’s navigation, but Andre Isaac (AKA Sugar Bear) is definitely there on the website – and the URL path indicates victim. In 2020, someone discovered it. When the police were asked why this hidden page dedicated to Andre exists, they said that they were just testing the site. Today, in June of 2023, that page still exists – even after they revamped the website in 2022. Reasonable people can reasonably conclude that Andre Isaac is a victim of the Long Island Serial Killer.

Four images connected to Maureen Brainard-Barnes are hidden from the website navigation but the direct URL is completely public. Similar to other unhidden crime scene/evidence pictures on the website, these pictures show where Barnes was discovered with evidence markers. But they differ from the website’s unhidden Barnes pictures in that there is snow on the ground…

People will say the police are still incompetent and that this is yet another complete blunder. It could be, but it could be strategy, too.
What are your thoughts on possible strategy? Thank you for sharing this information.

The 0006 photo, and likely the 0004 one, appear to have been taken about a mile and a half west of the dump site and on the ocean side of the parkway. Good find @FullMinder.

First, the WH/HM belt.

Next, Andre Isaac.

Can we talk about the belt. When they say the belt was handled by the killer. What does that mean? You can't throw that out there without having something. All the victims haven't actually been identified.

Can we talk about the belt. When they say the belt was handled by the killer. What does that mean? You can't throw that out there without having something. All the victims haven't actually been identified.

He handled it = he had it in his possession for an unknown period of time. It may not have belonged to him.

Rex Heuermann, 59, an architect at a New York City firm, was arrested at his home on 1st Ave. in Massapequa Park, multiple sources told The Post.

HeuerMann

Last edited:
The initials on the belt ..WH. could be his grandfather. Theodore is the suspects father. Notice the spelling of the last names..hm odd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-194528.png
    Screenshot_20230714-194528.png
    386 KB · Views: 28
The grandfather theory makes a lot more sense to me than the twitter thing that breaks his last name into two initials.
Yes, grandfather’s initials makes sense; definitely a possibility. Makes me wonder…assuming it belongs to Rex Heuermann—allegedly—: no one in his immediate family had ever seen that belt before? NO ONE? EVER? Hard to believe, and hard to believe they didn’t recognize it when it was plastered all over the media back when they did the press conference for.

Yes, grandfather’s initials makes sense; definitely a possibility. Makes me wonder…assuming it belongs to Rex Heuermann—allegedly—: no one in his immediate family had ever seen that belt before? NO ONE? EVER? Hard to believe, and hard to believe they didn’t recognize it when it was plastered all over the media back when they did the press conference for.
And let’s just say that the wife HAD seen the belt…when she sees it on the news what does she do?

And let’s just say that the wife HAD seen the belt…when she sees it on the news what does she do?
Well if she had no knowledge of the belt belonging to her husband and had never seen it, then that’s that…
But if she knew that it belonged to her husband, assuming she saw the belt on the news—like the rest of the world did—then she did one of two things: she did nothing, which would make her complicit in relation to the allegations against her husband; or she did in fact give the investigators a lead that they desperately needed at the time.

A belt, especially a belt "handled" by the killer sounds like a perfect source of DNA sample. No mention of that though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back