The killer is related to Clint Dunn's woman-Woman Kidnapped, Buried Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the person who solicited Pressley to do the murder, video at link:

Lawyer For Murdered Woman’s Stepson Wants Trial Moved

BROWNWOOD (April 20, 2012)—The lawyer who is representing the stepson of a murdered San Saba woman who is accused of plotting to have his stepmother killed says his client can’t get a fair trial in San Saba and wants the trial moved.

Rudy Taylor said Thursday he’ll seek a change of venue very soon for Bruce Harkey’s pending trial.

Harkey, 59, is charged with criminal solicitation of capital murder in the March 26 death of his stepmother, Bonnie Harkey.

Prosecutors say they believe Bruce Harkey conspired to hire another man to kill his stepmother so Bruce Harkey could gain control of her fortune.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/local/headlines/148245095.html

Pics of Pressley and King are at the end of the video, Lillian is a softer, prettier version of BD [in a suspected kidnapper kind of way]. IMHO

Maybe they could move that poor young man's trial on up to Abilene, I will be happy to put out the Welcome mat! :kimsterwink:

I need something productive to do this summer and the court house is air conditioned, who wants to join me? :popcorn::eat:

Maybe they could move that poor young man's trial on up to Abilene, I will be happy to put out the Welcome mat! :kimsterwink:

I need something productive to do this summer and the court house is air conditioned, who wants to join me? :popcorn::eat:

I have friends who can cover San Antonio and family that would be happy to see him in Dallas.

Murder-for-Hire: Three Behind Bars over Fight for Family Fortune
There is a good news video at this link.

Harkey was then strangled, drowned and dumped in a shallow grave. Affidavits obtained from the San Saba Count Sheriff's office say water was found in Harkey's lungs, which leads investigators to believe that Pressley buried his grandmother alive.

According to Associated Press, Carl Pressley was unreachable for hours Saturday night, and when he finally surfaced the news was not good.

"Man, I'm not trying to avoid you, but my grandmother passed away. I'll talk to you later," the Texan said in a phone message, according to a friend who received the voice mail.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/..._over_Fight_for_Family_Fortune_144991535.html

Bonnie Harkey’s estate, which appears to be at the center of the alleged murder-for-hire plot, is valued at must more than $1 million, according to Darrel Spinks, the lawyer who serves as guardian of Harkey’s estate.

The estate includes a pecan orchard. When Harkey’s husband Riley died, portions of the orchard were willed to Harkey and to Riley’s sons, John and Bruce, who were Bonnie Harkey’s stepsons.

Bonnie Harkey’s estate was originally willed to her daughter Connie, the adoptive mother of Carl Wade Pressley but when Connie died, Pressley became the beneficiary, Spinks said.

Pressley, however, sold the inheritance rights to Bruce and John Harkey who are the sole beneficiaries of their stepmother’s estate, including the orchard.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...paign=Feed:+KWTX-headlines+(KWTX+-+Headlines)

I was doing some sleuthing about Hailey Dunn and came up with a news story about a murder of an 85 year old woman, she was buried alive. :( The reason I put it here is because the murderer, Carl Wade Pressley is an uncle of Naomi who is Clint Dunn's woman and the mother of Clint's baby. If mods thiink this should go somewhere else please do so. I was floored when I found this, I searched for a msm link and found one. If someone else has posted this, I apologize for double posting.

Is this in any way related to what happened to Hailey? I hope she is found soon. FGS, this guy Pressley killed his own grandmother and her housekeeper.

SAN SABA (March 28, 2012)--Bonnie Harkey, 85, whose body was found Monday night in a shallow grave in the bottom of a drainage ditch in Leon County, nearly 200 miles from her San Saba County home, was the victim of a murder-for-hire plot that also claimed the life of her housekeeper, Karen Johnson, according to affidavits released Wednesday.

The affidavits say that Harkey’s stepson, Bruce Harkey, 59, who was arrested Wednesday on a criminal solicitation of capital murder warrant, offered the woman’s grandson, Carl Wade Pressley, 28, $500 on March 22 to “make her gone this weekend” and said Pressley would receive $55,000 after Harkey’s death.

The preliminary autopsy report released Wednesday says Harkey died of a combination of “homicidal violence comprising blunt force head injuries and probable asphyxia including drowning.”

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/..._Texas_Woman_Was_Buried_Alive_144672785.htmlh

:seeya:

Wow ... INTERESTING ...

I am going to have to go back and "refresh my memory" when Hailey went missing ... there were a few things that just "stood out " as "odd" IMO ...

:please: I really hope Hailey is found soon and that there will be Justice for her !

:please:

:seeya:

Wow ... INTERESTING ...

I am going to have to go back and "refresh my memory" when Hailey went missing ... there were a few things that just "stood out " as "odd" IMO ...

:please: I really hope Hailey is found soon and that there will be Justice for her !

:please:

When I found this story last night it was late, when I did try to sleep I had the most surrealistic dreams about Hailey, her family and some really crazy lawyer [I have no idea who he was but he went to court in his boxers and he knew BD].

Something has been tugging at me about this case and Hailey so I called and just spoke with a really nice woman at the Sheriff's office in San Saba and I sent the Sheriff an email that included a link to this thread.

It may be nothing but, for Hailey's sake, the info is now in the Sheriff's hands and I am in tears from this feeling I can't shake. I so hope it helps find Hailey.

Ok Carl is the husband of Patricias sister Melissa. They are estranged due to his behaviour towards her. They have been estranged for years due to a restraining order. The reason there apparently not divorced is because as it stood if she went for the divorce...he could get access to the kids and she didnt want to risk that. I feel very very sorry for Melissa and her family. She was abused by Carl. She and her kids have now lost two people they were close to...the kids have lost there grandmother. And as if all this isnt bad due to her bad luck at being married to someone she didnt even dare go near..after he kills people people think its even more reason for her family to be implicated in whatever happened to Hailey :( Yes i thought it was weird when i heard about it immediately after the killing but...after what followed afterwards...personally i just felt very bad for Melissa at what her family were going through. Could PT be involved? I dont know...but do i think Carl was involved? then no way do I.

It was horrible what Carl Pressley did to those women :( But like them..Melissa his wife is also a victim :(

So I'm really close to this case and stumbled upon this website through google alerts I receive. You guys think Carl had something to do with another murder? What happened to the Hailey girl?

So I'm really close to this case and stumbled upon this website through google alerts I receive. You guys think Carl had something to do with another murder? What happened to the Hailey girl?

Personally no I dont. And Hailey hasnt even been found yet so there is no proof she was even murdered.

Welcome to Websleuths Rox! :welcome5:

We have a whole forum dedicated to what happened to Hailey. No one but perp knows exactly what happened, but everyone I've heard from knows that some evil person is out there wondering when he will be caught. Whoever it is that took her, I hope he is shaking in his boots, hoping he didn't make any mistakes. A secret this big would be hard to keep, and he can't afford to let it slip. Must be torture. :boohoo:

Since you are really close to this case it would be great if you would share your thoughts on what happened to young innocent Hailey. We love to hear from new members!

I don't think this guy has any thing to do with what happened to HD, beyond giving us an idea of the general types of people in her social environment. We pretty much knew that anyway, so it isn't relevant to our case.

Adults make choices, Hailey was not able to do so. I think that any and everything that is a possibility must be investigated. There was an adult connected to this case that made the claim that she 'knew people' who could 'do things'. [that is all I will say about that] This person is connected to both Hailey and the murderer who is the topic of this thread.

Rox, welcome to Websleuths. As for did Carl have something to do with Hailey's case, that is something for LE to determine. This is a place where we sleuth, that is the purpose of this thread.

Mrs. Bonnie Harkey, Mrs. Karen Johnson and Hailey Dunn are the true victims. IMHO

Adults make choices, Hailey was not able to do so. I think that any and everything that is a possibility must be investigated. There was an adult connected to this case that made the claim that she 'knew people' who could 'do things'. [that is all I will say about that] This person is connected to both Hailey and the murderer who is the topic of this thread.

Rox, welcome to Websleuths. As for did Carl have something to do with Hailey's case, that is something for LE to determine. This is a place where we sleuth, that is the purpose of this thread.

Mrs. Bonnie Harkey, Mrs. Karen Johnson and Hailey Dunn are the true victims. IMHO

I think we have to disagree there. As someone who has been in a abused marriage to me Melissa was also a victim. Regarding your remark that she " Knew people who could do things" if thats the case its curious why her own sister lived in fear for so many years. I agree that its something for Le to determine whether or not Carl had anything to do with Hailey going missing which is why the link was reported at the time.

What a horrific crime! :mad: Sick sick sick! LE thinks the water in her lungs came from her shallow grave! :furious:

I have a small sense of relief though, in that this crime was motivated by family money (and a successful old lady who dared live to a ripe age). In Hailey's case there wouldn't be that same motivation. I don't get the impression that these three freaks of nature had anything to do with HD. TG

:moo:

I think it is interesting that the world is as small as it seems. I think he did kill 2 someones already. How did he know he would be able to actualy murdeer someone ?

I do not think I am to a point where I think he did anthing to Hailey but I am at a point to where I think it would be silly not to question if he could be involved.

He is known to Clints current girlfriends family. (per post here)
He has murdered people.(media link.
He enlisted a g/f help to murder family member and innocent person.(per posted media links)
He is abusive.( per post here)
He has threated people in clints gfs family and caused them harm and fear. Hailey was arround this family
He has children who Hailey might know. (information from this thread and MIGHT know is an assumption as it is PTS sisters kids I think it is a fair one )
He may have a grudge agaisnt anyone who is related to his ex because his kids. I am assuming he likes to be in control like most abuser.

So I have not been able to say he isnt involved,because I think he looks like an interesting suspect.

How many people can one know that commits abductions?

So it's ok in TX to have an estranged wife and a common law wife? Confused....

I'll tell you what, if I was Melissa, I would not trust Patricia, even is she was my sister. Not after everything we have heard and seen of her. She may have talked to these perps without her sister's knowledge. Woman is just not right....and *dang* dangerous, imo.

Good grief, poor little Hailey....and now her little sister is surrounded with "morph"! Now I'm pizzed at CD again. He couldn't do right if it was the only way to go!!!! IMO :furious:

So it's ok in TX to have an estranged wife and a common law wife? Confused....

It is OK everywhere. An estranged wife is a wife who has separated from her husband (but not divorced). A common law wife is any woman living with a man as a couple (they are not married).

So, if a guy separated from his wife (who is now estranged) and then shacks up with his new girl friend (who is now his common law wife), that is what you have.

A common law spouse is one you live with, but do not have a marriage contract with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member