The Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how old this cat / kitten is. Are we allowed to slueth the kitten since it has not been named a POI (pet of interest)?
Maybe I should get back to painting the house, I need the fresh air.

I wonder where the kitty is now? Probably a stray once again? :(

If one of the boys wanted to bring the kitten into the house, and was even sleeping with the kitten, how sad if the kitten is homeless once again. It's enough for the boy that Lisa is no longer around, but if he'd wanted to keep the kitten, it can be traumatic for a child to have a pet taken away, in addition to his "baby sister". I would love to believe, however, that the poor little kitten does have food, a warm place to sleep, and love.

:(

MOO

If one of the boys wanted to bring the kitten into the house, and was even sleeping with the kitten, how sad if the kitten is homeless once again. It's enough for the boy that Lisa is no longer around, but if he'd wanted to keep the kitten, it can be traumatic for a child to have a pet taken away, in addition to his "baby sister". I would love to believe, however, that the poor little kitten does have food, a warm place to sleep, and love.

:(

MOO

I am so glad you wrote this! I have been thinking about the kitten since the beginning. (my brother says its because I feel more in common with animals than people lol.)

I am so glad you wrote this! I have been thinking about the kitten since the beginning. (my brother says its because I feel more in common with animals than people lol.)

You are most certainly not alone with that compassion!

:)

You are most certainly not alone with that compassion!

:)

I am also one that has thought about that poor innocent little kitten from day one, wondering what became of it. Maybe because I am involved in animal rescue, or because I am a cat lover, but the word "kitten" popped-up immediately. I hope it is safe.

I have packets of the liquid flea killer on hand for that very reason! Hopefully the one you saw does have a home although it appears she could use better care. Bless you for leaving the food out!

:heartluv:

What is unusual about this story and finding the stray kitten "earlier in the day" is the trip to the supermarket didn't include purchasing anything for the kitten. Yet by the time JI arrived home, the kitten (who he allegedly hadn't seen before) was sleeping in the bed with DB and the boy. At this point I'm inclined to believe the kitten was somehow acquired sometime after he went to work. I still believe it would be the boys who found the kitten rather than DB.
Maybe she found the kitten wherever she left Lisa.. and considered it a sign or an omen.:waitasec:

If it is true that Social Workers will again interview the boys, maybe we will find out if there really was a kitten and how kitty came to be in the home & in the bed with one or both of the boys and mommy.

Perhaps we will find out if the younger son had a nightmare and got into bed with mom & the kitten or brought the kitten with him to mom's bed.

Finding out when that kitten came into the house might tell us if Moms was really drunk. Because if it came in late and Mom set up a box, put out food and water for it and possibly bathed it then it will be real hard to convince me that she was stupor drunk.

We've heard-
a stray kitten brought into home
on the first night of dad working OT or a different shift
on the first night their baby goes missing
on the first night D's son sleeps with her
on the first night 3 cell phones were stolen
on the first night the window ? was left open
on the night D tells the world she was drunk.

I still call bs.

THANK YOU!
Cops will often say there's no such thing as a coincidence in their work. This case is FULL of them.
Also, DB & JI's language---"GRIEVING"---Can't say LISA'S NAME---ALREADY speaking about Lisa in the PAST TENSE---and so many more examples.

I am praying they find Lisa soon enough to still determine c.o.d. (sorry folks, it's probably true).

IMO if they could find Jack the Cat at JFK airport after 2 months, we can find the Invisi-Kitty!

:cat:

I'm curious how old this cat / kitten is. Are we allowed to slueth the kitten since it has not been named a POI (pet of interest)?
Maybe I should get back to painting the house, I need the fresh air.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: "pet of interest" ... hilarious !

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

IMO if they could find Jack the Cat at JFK airport after 2 months, we can find the Invisi-Kitty!

:cat:

:woohoo: I'm so happy they found Jack. wow, that's a miracle especially at JFK airport.

I think we all want to know where that darn cat came from and when mom found it. Oh, and what motivated her to bring it into her bed.

Comforter was taken and dog hit on the floor of the bedroom. My guess? It's related. Not saying cat was ever in the home, I have my doubts about that...

The kitten is intriguing b/c it's another first.

We also use our cat as a scapegoat.

OT, but I thought giving kittens milk gave them diarrhea?

I'm glad the kitten didn't catch a mouse or there would be another square peg to try and force into a round hole. :p

It's an old wives tail. Read snoopes. I don't believe there is any documented cases where cat actually smothered a baby. Let alone a large 10 months old, not a newborn. A kitten would be more in danger from a 10 months old (pulling on the tail, ears, etc) than a 10 months old from a kitten smothering the child.

The stealing of the breath thing is an old wives tale, but I personally know somebody who's 5 month old baby died by being smothered by a cat.

It worried me how much she hated cats (to the point where it looked like she was ready to kill them), until I found out the reason why.

It's certainly not common. But there's at least one case in which it has definitely happened.

The stealing of the breath thing is an old wives tale, but I personally know somebody who's 5 month old baby died by being smothered by a cat.

It worried me how much she hated cats (to the point where it looked like she was ready to kill them), until I found out the reason why.

It's certainly not common. But there's at least one case in which it has definitely happened.

What did the coroner report say? According to snopes sometimes cats are blamed for what is actually SIDS. It doesn't list any documented stories of cat actually smothering a baby. And frankly, even if we assumed such a thing was possible-clearly after smothering the baby the cat is not going to drag it out and bury it-so where is the baby?

Our big fat cat would lay on our two year old but we trained him not too.. My two year old is 36 pounds and I still don't think in a heavy sleep he could push a cat off of him...our cats sleep with us mostly or in their own kitty bed...

I had a relative that said that cats(kittens) try to drink the milk out of the babies mouth. I had cats and babies and never caught one in the babies crib. I did something called feeding them so they weren't hungry and second they knew they weren't allowed in the babies room.

HOLY CARP!!! This just hit me and I have to get this out.

Does anyone remember Diane Downs and the unicorn (horse) statue she had made BEFORE she shot her 3 children? It was said during her trial it was basically a memorial to her children because of their love for horses.

Does anyone think it is absolutely nuts that this new kitten came into their lives the very hours that Lisa disappears off the face of the planet? This is way out there, but stay with me for a second...........

Apparently, DB may have had a thing for cats. The last outfit that Lisa was reported wearing had kittens on the shirt. Surely, Lisa hadn't already shown a huge interest in cats so Mom picked up the outfit cause her baby girl loves her some cute little kitties. Is it possible the kitten is a memorial to her love of cats and the kitten is a memorial for her missing child???? Could this have been preplanned?

Just a random thought that popped into my head and I had to get it off my chest. Of course, this is all speculation and my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500