The last person to have seen Kyron

Why make a potential perpetrator's job easier for them? If the exact time of Kyron's last known appearance were made public, then the perpetrator would know exactly what time their alibi must cover.

Likewise for the exact location in the school he was last seen in or if he was seen with someone else (someone known to be innocent such as a classmate).

If there is a perpetrator, let them establish their story before they have access to what the police know.

Why make a potential perpetrator's job easier for them? If the exact time of Kyron's last known appearance were made public, then the perpetrator would know exactly what time their alibi must cover.

Likewise for the exact location in the school he was last seen in or if he was seen with someone else (someone known to be innocent such as a classmate).

If there is a perpetrator, let them establish their story before they have access to what the police know.

Exactly. They are going back right now and re-interviewing everybody. Maybe when this round of interviews is done they'll start releasing some more info.

IIRC, the last person to see Kyron was an undentified witness, who stated that they saw him by his classroom door at 9 :00 a.m.

Tanner's recollections sound strange IMO. Why on earth would the teacher tell the chaperone to calm down,that Kyron probably went to get a drink of water, and then NOT notice that he never came back ? And why would she then mark him absent ?

Either 1) Tanner was simply mistaken in what he heard,or he embellished something he heard. or 2) The teacher was somehow involved in his disappearance . I believe it's # 1, and LE and the school are not about to clear this up. It is the crux of the whole case ; that Kyron's teacher did not start the process to search for him right away. I think that is NOT the way it went down at all ; this is a small school, she had to have noticed that he wasn't there quite quickly. IMO the teacher must have thought Kyron's absence was accounted for.

IIRC, the last person to see Kyron was an undentified witness, who stated that they saw him by his classroom door at 9 :00 a.m.

Tanner's recollections sound strange IMO. Why on earth would the teacher tell the chaperone to calm down,that Kyron probably went to get a drink of water, and then NOT notice that he never came back ? And why would she then mark him absent ?

Either 1) Tanner was simply mistaken in what he heard,or he embellished something he heard. or 2) The teacher was somehow involved in his disappearance . I believe it's # 1, and LE and the school are not about to clear this up. It is the crux of the whole case ; that Kyron's teacher did not start the process to search for him right away. I think that is NOT the way it went down at all ; this is a small school, she had to have noticed that he wasn't there quite quickly. IMO the teacher must have thought Kyron's absence was accounted for.

BBM above. I thought it was an unidentified person who saw Kyron around 9 am by the South exit doors. Can anyone confirm?

If we accept that Kyron was in one of the groups traveling around to the classrooms, then I think the people in that group come close to being the last people to see him...jmo.

I hope that the school and staff have been transparent with LE, even if some of this confusion has not been cleared up with the media...like, if they noticed he was missing, marked him absent and never thought of it again because everyone assumed someone else had him etc...

I have read that there was NO substitute teacher .......I am very curious to find out who the person was that did the head count?????? Also.... why did Mrs. Porter have to tell Tanner to calm down? Just seems odd, that Tanner would have been worried THAT EARLY ON.

I suspect that, rather than a substitute teacher, this person who noticed Kyron missing when she did the headcount was a volunteer chaperone. If we read Terri Moulton’s mother’s statements in this article…:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

“Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.”

…To me it is clear that if the classes were to be divided into smaller groups then they must have had some adults there other than the teachers, because the ratio of chaperone to kids was higher than usual for these special Science Fair tours.

BBM above. I thought it was an unidentified person who saw Kyron around 9 am by the South exit doors. Can anyone confirm?

Hi Jules,
Have you seen that photo of the janitor walking past Kyron's classroom ? If you have, the South exit door is located down the stairway,on the ground floor. In other words,Kyron's classroom is very close to the exit door, which IIRC,leads to the South parking lot of the school. Might explain any confusion ; I'm pretty sure he was seen by the door to his classroom.

I suspect that, rather than a substitute teacher, this person who noticed Kyron missing when she did the headcount was a volunteer chaperone. If we read Terri Moulton’s mother’s statements in this article…:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

“Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.”

…To me it is clear that if the classes were to be divided into smaller groups then they must have had some adults there other than the teachers, because the ratio of chaperone to kids was higher than usual for these special Science Fair tours.

Does anyone have a link that says what time the kids were supposed to be in their classes and divided into the groups? Was that 9:00 a.m.? And was that the last place and time Kyron was seen? Did they then proceed out the door to go tour the exhibits and no one missed him, until they got back to class at 10:00 for the roll call?

I haven't seen the time they were supposed to meet anywhere in the media threads, maybe I just missed it?

Horman's Desk Mate Says Substitute Noticed Him Missing
Last Update: 6/09 11:30 pm

snip the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

snip Tanner says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

snip Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, Pumala says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom.

snip Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk snip

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

I find Ms Pumala's response to "Kyron's not here" a little strange,as a teacher
turning over her class,is it not her responsibility to account for all children
prior to her leaving the buildiing and not just assume he is in the bathroom
or getting water? Don't childen,usually need permission to go to these places
expecially at that age? moo:waitasec:

Had anyone seen this from Nancy Grace?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/16/ng.01.html

"GRACE: To Matt Shelby, the public information officer at Portland School District. Matt Shelby, I find it very difficult to believe that somebody came into that school, got the child and nobody saw a thing.

MATT SHELBY, PIO, PORTLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT (via phone): Well, you`re exactly right. It is difficult to believe. There were a host of people, parents and teachers and students in the building there before school that day. It was a public science fair. So prior to the school day you had a whole -- whole host of people in that building. It was a very full building.

The last time anyone from the school saw Kyron, he was with his stepmother. Now authorities have taken statements from all the students, all the parents, and all the staff there at the school. So they`ve got a much better picture right now --"

I find that statement interesting.

"GRACE: To Matt Shelby, the public information officer at Portland School District. Matt Shelby, I find it very difficult to believe that somebody came into that school, got the child and nobody saw a thing.

MATT SHELBY, PIO, PORTLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT (via phone): Well, you`re exactly right. It is difficult to believe. There were a host of people, parents and teachers and students in the building there before school that day. It was a public science fair. So prior to the school day you had a whole -- whole host of people in that building. It was a very full building.

The last time anyone from the school saw Kyron, he was with his stepmother. Now authorities have taken statements from all the students, all the parents, and all the staff there at the school. So they`ve got a much better picture right now --"

It sure is. And that transcript was from June 16. So, has LE decided the 9:00 am siting of Kyron was not credible? So, he never even made it to the group he was supposed to be put into? IMO this changes many things. And, I go back to Tanner saying the teacher said Kyron was probably in the bathroom as being a very bizarre statement indeed. Either Tanner is mistaken or the teacher is not being on the up and up. If that teacher thought that Kyron left with his mother, she most definitely wouldn't have said he's probably in the bathroom.

Wouldn't they have done a roll call when the kids got together to be divided into the 5 groups? :waitasec:

Thank you for posting that, I almost fell off my chair when I heard that and was going to look up the transcript today to make sure I heard that bombshell right.

Does anyone have a link that says what time the kids were supposed to be in their classes and divided into the groups? Was that 9:00 a.m.? And was that the last place and time Kyron was seen? Did they then proceed out the door to go tour the exhibits and no one missed him, until they got back to class at 10:00 for the roll call?

I haven't seen the time they were supposed to meet anywhere in the media threads, maybe I just missed it?

I believe it was in that same article of oregonlive that says Zimmerman,the PTA class president said she saw the SM and Kyron last at 8:15 looking at his project and taking that photo.Her daughter is in that class.She said she didn't see him after that.She said the kids were divided up 4 and 5 to a parent to go from classroom to classroom.I don't remember her giving a time as to when that was done,but her last sighting of him was with his SM and the photo taken.

I'm sure if Zimmerman saw him being divided up with the parents and other children,she would have said so.This would have completely changed the scenario of the SM being the last one sighted with Kyron.I also believe if someone saw her get in her car alone or with Kyron,we would have heard about that by someone.I can't see why LE wouldn't tell the public if she was seen leaving alone.

I believe the last person to see Kyron is SM, I know what Tanner said and I have read through alot of other stuff, but I believe it was SM JMO.....

This is what the school has said all along, isn't it? That he was last seen by school staff with his stepmom?

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother from article June 7, so early on.

And he's saying that 'now', LE has interviewed all the other people, and they have a better picture of what happened. So to me, that means the interviews surfaced that, as LE stated in the presser, at 9am a child they interviewed saw Kyron. Child not, of course, being school staff.

Am I missing something here? I saw this referred to as a bombshell, but it's the same info we've had.

Great post... Especially " So they've got a much better picture now..." The comment about who he was last seen with might not refer to that 8:15 sighting, it could mean that someone else saw Kyron with his SM at a later time, and in a different place... Now that LE has re interviewed evryone. Interesting post, thanks for this....

This is what the school has said all along, isn't it? That he was last seen by school staff with his stepmom?

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother from article June 7, so early on.

And he's saying that 'now', LE has interviewed all the other people, and they have a better picture of what happened. So to me, that means the interviews surfaced that, as LE stated in the presser, at 9am a child they interviewed saw Kyron. Child not, of course, being school staff.

Am I missing something here? I saw this referred to as a bombshell, but it's the same info we've had.

Ahhh, I see what you're saying; I took it the other way lol. :banghead:

I believe the last person to see Kyron is SM, I know what Tanner said and I have read through alot of other stuff, but I believe it was SM JMO.....

LE (Staton) stated at the presser that the last person to see Kyron was a child they had interviewed. Interviewed the morning of the presser, in fact. That child may or may not be Tanner. But according to LE, the last person to see him was not his stepmother.

June 6 News Conference -

http://www.kptv.com/video/23812286/index.html

- The last time he was seen was here at the school, and that was on Friday about late, a late hour in the morning was the last time he was actually seen here at the school. Since that time we've developed no other additional information that's indicated that he was here beyond that point after our interviews with the children.

- He was seen not, he was seen near his classroom, and the last point was down at the south entrance door of the school.

- Actually that statement came from one of the children that was here earlier this morning that was interviewed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back