The letter from "Laura" posted in Casey's room

I think that it would be a funny "bite in the arse" to Cindy if this letter is from *the* LB, what with her staging and setting up Casey's room and all ~

Just one more peice of poetic justice served up on a bulliten board.

Reminds me of that movie where the mother thinks she is helping hide evidence her son murdered somone, but she destroyed the only evidence that would prove his innocence........

That entire house looked staged and this letter is a perfect example that it was done. You know if CA put that there for all eyes to see it is because she wanted the world to know they had supporters.....deranged ones.....but supporters.....

All the pictures of KC's room that I could find, including the interview with Holly the reporter, you can not see the right side of the picture board in question, so I can't tell if the letter was there or not.

On the premis that if this person wrote her once, she might write again, I just scrolled through the first batch of letters to KC that were released awhile ago. There were a number of women who wrote her with very similar handwriting: Joy an Lauren stick out. I still have 4 more batches of letters to go through, but I will keep at it on and off to see if this Laura might have written her while she was in jail.

It's not that this particular letter was photographed and released by LE as discovery...the photo of the letter was taken along with a larger collage of photos from Casey's room

The photo was cropped and enlarged here on WS.
A WS'er noticed the letter at the bottom of a collage of pictures LE did take pictures of in Casey's room and the discussion began if this letter was sent to Casey from LB

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html
photo 17 is the one in question that has the letter on it..

I don't think LE thought it of any value, if it has any, at the time but just took photos of everything they could..

I'm just jumping off your post because you have the link and picture numbers listed..

In #18- on the very top right is what looks like (to me) the very bottom of the letter. Like #17 is hanging directly above #18 on the back of the door (or wherever these are located in her room) you can see the shadow that some think must be a person holding the picture up.

I went back and looked at the whole photo again after reading Lambchop's post. She is right, the letter is being held up next to the picture board - you can see it is about 1/4 inch off the board. By looking at all the other pictures on that slide show, that board was on the door underneath anothe picture board. Now I am going to have to go way back and try to find the doc dump that included ALL the picture of her room and see if there is a clear picture of the door area with those two pictures boards. that way I will know whether the picture was attached to the board or held up to the board. Will post what I find, when I find it.

It looks to me like it's taped up, kinda tucked right into in the corner of the wall like they ran out of room on the board and it's hanging over the edge. Look at the shadow on #18

You are absolutely correct OLG. I see exactly what you are describing. Thanks.

The same two (upper and lower) groupings can also be seen in picture #3. It appears it is hung on the side of maybe a closet that abuts the wall where the door entryway is. In picture #18 (showing the bottom edge of the "letter") you can also make out what looks like a light switch which would be next to the entryway to the bedroom. You can also see a sicker or something else hung above and to the left of the light switch. The "letter" that we're concentrating on looks like it is hung (or taped) to the light switch wall . . . and I believe it is not a letter at all ~ but a card that is attached to the adjacent wall and hanging half-way open. I think what we are seeing is the writing on the left-hand inside portion of the card. The color even seems more suitable for a card rather than a piece of stationary.

Since a shared birthdate is mentioned, is it possible it was a birthday card? I dunno, but it sure looks more like a card to me than just a note on a single piece of paper.

The same two (upper and lower) groupings can also be seen in picture #3. It appears it is hung on the side of maybe a closet that abuts the wall where the door entryway is. In picture #18 (showing the bottom edge of the "letter") you can also make out what looks like a light switch which would be next to the entryway to the bedroom. You can also see a sicker or something else hung above and to the left of the light switch. The "letter" that we're concentrating on looks like it is hung (or taped) to the light switch wall . . . and I believe it is not a letter at all ~ but a card that is attached to the adjacent wall and what we are seeing is the writing on the left-hand inside portion of the card. The color even seems more suitable for a card rather than a piece of stationary.

Since a shared birthdate is mentioned, is it possible it was a birthday card? I dunno, but it sure looks more like a card to me than just a note on a single piece of paper.

That makes sense, EE. When I was in high school, I'd sometimes wedge birthday cards, photos, post cards etc into door frames, dresser mirror, light switches, etc. I imagine it was a card of support sent to casey when she was home on bond as it mentions protestors. I'm guessing the same birthday thing was just LB's hook to get casey interested. Eeewwww, I can't believe they're making sense to me now! I need a shower or something. LOL

The same two (upper and lower) groupings can also be seen in picture #3. It appears it is hung on the side of maybe a closet that abuts the wall where the door entryway is. In picture #18 (showing the bottom edge of the "letter") you can also make out what looks like a light switch which would be next to the entryway to the bedroom. You can also see a sicker or something else hung above and to the left of the light switch. The "letter" that we're concentrating on looks like it is hung (or taped) to the light switch wall . . . and I believe it is not a letter at all ~ but a card that is attached to the adjacent wall and hanging half-way open. I think what we are seeing is the writing on the left-hand inside portion of the card. The color even seems more suitable for a card rather than a piece of stationary.

Wow- yeah.. a card for sure! Good job!! I bet whatever LE on the case that reads here is probably saying "Geeze- took 'em long enough to figure it out!" LOL

Now that you are pointing it out I can see the bottom of the card in photo 18. Because it is open, it looks like someone was holding it up against the picture board in photo 17. You did nail it, and thanks so much for figuring it out.

I'm wondering if it could be the eulogy CA wrote for Caylee's memorial...picture #25...

Cindy Anthony wrote this eulogy to her slain granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony for publication in the Orlando Sentinel -- her first public comments since the toddler's death was confirmed in December. A public memorial service is Tuesday.

(Eulogy begins)

Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.

For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal.

more at the link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6804558.story

I'm wondering if it could be the eulogy CA wrote for Caylee's memorial...picture #25...
<snip>

I don't think it is the eulogy because those photos were taken immediately after Caylee's remains were discovered.

Cindy Anthony wrote this eulogy to her slain granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony for publication in the Orlando Sentinel -- her first public comments since the toddler's death was confirmed in December. A public memorial service is Tuesday.

(Eulogy begins)

Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.

For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal.

more at the link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6804558.story

I don't think the eulogy is what it says. I see the words "Shattered angel" (I think it says shattered, definitely angel) near the bottom of the angel paper. I also see "far away" and "and pray, and pray"

Definitely references "angel" at top of first line; angel image is clear; whole page looks to have been trimmed around with craft scissors. Agree with IDD--what does it say?

I don't think the eulogy is what it says. I see the words "Shattered angel" (I think it says shattered, definitely angel) near the bottom of the angel paper. I also see "far away" and "and pray, and pray"

Adding to your ideas I think the first line ends with "not a fancy angel", the second line ends with "plain and rather simple", and fourth from bottom sentence might end with "on a mission" - anyone else see this? :crazy:

Edited to add:

Also did you notice that the little angel on top of this letter has a very familiar looking heart on it's gown?

oktrgi.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back