The Max A. Shacknai Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see any problems with naming a charitable foundation after his son, Max. I think that it would help with the grieving process.

The question is where is Rebecca in all of this?

This is typically done with the death of a child. The Zahau family is free to start a charity in Rebecca's name if they see fit.

This is typically done with the death of a child. The Zahau family is free to start a charity in Rebecca's name if they see fit.
Welcome back, CDS22!
I was worried about you; hope all is well.

In my experience, it seems easier for men to cope with grief by focusing on "taking care of business," for fear they'd lose all control with their sorrow. As a female, I don't "get" it emotionally, but have come to understand that's how many men operate.

Focusing on organ donation and giving honor to his son's memory are things that I can in no way hold against him, whatever his involvement or noninvolvement in the horrendous death of Rebecca, may her soul rest in peace.

I don't want to defend jonah at all. He's still suspect to me - however, I have changed two charity names. An assistant can do it, the non-profit secretary can do it - the timing is really weird, but he may not have even known about it.

Thanks ...I remember that post. I wonder how much Rebecca was able to integrate into this social circle and how close these others are to Dina. I remember an odd comment posted (perhaps by the book author) that Dina helped start one of those autism foundations, but the timeline is not right for that to be true? Makes one wonder where that info is coming from. I have to at least ponder whether some negative talk was taking place over the last 2 or 3 years concerning Rebecca. I don't think during a bad time, Max's accident, I'd want to be surrounded by Dr. Luber, Nina, Dina, Dina's boyfriend, Adam, Resnik, and Jonah if I were her. Too bad her family wasn't in the area for support and to look after her.

I couldn't agree more. It was a frightful, precarious, trying time and no one should have had to go it alone, and not only that, but get stuck with people who were not supportive of her during her time of need. I feel for RZ.

RZ was his partner, his lover, she lived in his home, his world. She cared for his children. What has he done to honor her? It speaks volumes about his mind set towards her...cold... was it sudden?... was it as a result of his son's accident.. and that he thought she was responsible?

Granted... it was a double whammy.. but months later...still not a public sliver of honoring her in anyway. His acceptance of her suicide.... when so many complete strangers have questions.. over the evidence? His immediate and forceful stance in protecting his innocence.... does not feel like the actions of a man that truly loved this woman. His letter to the AG was nothing more than a PR stunt... he never even told them in person he was writing to the AG.

It comes off as cold.. he did write something about her always having a place in his heart and being "unique". There seemed to be no passion for this woman.. not publically. It came across as forced... and "unique" seemed almost an insult.

Maybe he never loved her.. but it sure does not come across that he mourns her death.

As others have said it is the totality of his actions... when he loves someone as is the case of his son..he takes quick and decisive action... even under crushing grief... but he does not seem to have any kind of passion for RZ.

IMO

Seems His BFF Howard was/is SECRETARY/TREASURER

Return of Private Foundation 2009
or Section 4947(a)(1) Nonexempt Charitable Trust Treated as a Private Foundation

NOAH'S FAMILY FOUNDATION
C/O JONAH SHACKNAI 7720 N. DOBSON ROAD
SCOTTSDALE AZ 85256

JONAH SHACKNAI PRES. & DIRECTOR
7720 N. DOBSON ROAD
SCOTTSDALE , AZ 85256
HOWARD J. LUBER , M.D. SECRETARY/TREASURER
6105 E CABALLO DR.
PARADISE VALLEY , AZ 85253
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

RZ was his partner, his lover, she lived in his home, his world. She cared for his children. What has he done to honor her? It speaks volumes about his mind set towards her...cold... was it sudden?... was it as a result of his son's accident.. and that he thought she was responsible?

Granted... it was a double whammy.. but months later...still not a public sliver of honoring her in anyway. His acceptance of her suicide.... when so many complete strangers have questions.. over the evidence? His immediate and forceful stance in protecting his innocence.... does not feel like the actions of a man that truly loved this woman. His letter to the AG was nothing more than a PR stunt... he never even told them in person he was writing to the AG.

It comes off as cold.. he did write something about her always having a place in his heart and being "unique". There seemed to be no passion for this woman.. not publically. It came across as forced... and "unique" seemed almost an insult.

Maybe he never loved her.. but it sure does not come across that he mourns her death.

As others have said it is the totality of his actions... when he loves someone as is the case of his son..he takes quick and decisive action... even under crushing grief... but he does not seem to have any kind of passion for RZ.

IMO

I don't think you can possibly compare the love he had for his youngest child with the love he had for his latest girlfriend. Add to that the possibility that he held her responsible for his son's tragic and violent death, and it is not at all surprising that there are no foundations named after her, like there are for little Max. Why would there be?

I don't think you can possibly compare the love he had for his youngest child with the love he had for his latest girlfriend. Add to that the possibility that he held her responsible for his son's tragic and violent death, and it is not at all surprising that there are no foundations named after her, like there are for little Max. Why would there be?

I agree, his acitons give more credence to the possibility that he had something to do with her death.

In essence, the more you truly love someone the less likely you are to jump to terrible conclusions and act on them.

I would have a hard time believing that someone I love and shared my life with harmed my child.

Max's death certainly looked like an accident upon face value.

This was initiated the day before they took Max off life support. The following day he had DL get Ocean out of the kennel. That is one cool customer. That would not have been what I was thinking about if I had just lost my beloved partner AND my youngest child. I would be a puddle on the floor. JMO.

IWannaKnow, the timing, as stated in your post seems to be quite a bit different, than a memorial to Max, after his death. This could, however give some reasoning behind Lubers presence in San Diego and at Childrens, despite the fact that Rebecca was supposedly 'banned' from visiting Max.

So, why set up the name change prior to Max being taken off life support? Wouldn't this mean that paperwork would have to be drawn up/signed during the shiva period?

Next, why would it be necessary for Luber to be in San Diego, as with fax machines, cell phones etc., this could have all been taken care of with him at home in AZ.

The Leiby Kletzky Memorial Fund:

http://www.jta.org/news/article/201...letzky-release-statement-create-memorial-fund

Issued ONE DAY after sitting shiva. Was this a PR move?

Versus Jonah renaming the non profit PRIOR to his son actually dying, and prior to shiva. I find this unusual, or strange timing, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member