The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they do. So do grand juries.

You are incorrect. A District Attorney convenes a Grand Jury, not a Judge. A Grand Jury doesn't actually investigate the crime, they analyze the evidence gathered by investigators. An investigation is done by law enforcement.

JMO

They haven't released any more information because of what is in there about Rebecca and because it shows she was impulsive. Anne quit leaking the second Gore said he would release the entire file.

I think the texts back and forth with Rebecca and Jonah say a lot about what was being discussed about Max's accident and Rebecca's state of mind. I think there are some things about Rebecca's past. I believe there are things about Rebecca and Jonah's private sexual practices. IMO

IMO, I don't see it going any further if the AG turns down the case again. There are no grounds for a civil case since Rebecca committed suicide. What I hope I see is the Zahaus going back on Dr. Phil for suicide survivor counseling so they can accept it and start the grieving and healing process.

JMO

These all sound like logical arguments for a new investigation of Max and Rebecca's deaths.

So why does Dina only want Max's death re-investigated? What is she afraid will be discovered if Rebecca's death is reinvestigated?

What is Dina afraid of?

These all sound like logical arguments for a new investigation of Max and Rebecca's deaths.

So why does Dina only want Max's death re-investigated? What is she afraid will be discovered if Rebecca's death is reinvestigated?

What is Dina afraid of?

I don't believe Dina is afraid of anything. IMO, she is 100% positive that Rebecca Zahau took her own life over what happened to Max.

What "logical arguments" for a new investigation for Max's and Rebecca's death did you get out of my post? I'm curious. I assure you, I find the SDSO's evidence more than enough to prove Rebecca hung herself.

I don't believe Dina is afraid of anything. IMO, she is 100% positive that Rebecca Zahau took her own life over what happened to Max.

What "logical arguments" for a new investigation for Max's and Rebecca's death did you get out of my post? I'm curious. I assure you, I find the SDSO's evidence more than enough to prove Rebecca hung herself.

There are a couple of threads in this forum that list all the reasons why RZ's death needs to be re-investigated. I'm sure you've read them already.

The holes in the SDSO investigation are numerous and well documented, so how is it that Dina 'knows' with certainty that RZ killed herself, especially when there is zero evidence to indicate that?

What is Dina afraid of?

There are a couple of threads in this forum that list all the reasons why RZ's death needs to be re-investigated. I'm sure you've read them already.

The holes in the SDSO investigation are numerous and well documented, so how is it that Dina 'knows' with certainty that RZ killed herself, especially when there is zero evidence to indicate that?

What is Dina afraid of?

You asked why Dina was afraid of having Rebecca's investigation opened. I replied she was not "afraid", but IMO, she feels certain that Rebecca committed suicide over Max

It is your opinion that the "holes" in the SDSO investigation are "numerous and well documented".

It is the opinion of many, many others, including SDSO and the agencies that assisted them, that Rebecca killed herself and there is more than enough evidence to prove that.

I believe Dina falls into the later category. She has never publicly questioned that Rebecca committed suicide, and in fact, used that term "suicide" many times in her recent press appearances and interviews.

IMO

I just found this, from the only "insider" on this case. This is from last September. Very interesting...

chasing.halos

Do you all think maybe, if Rebecca did indeed write the message, that the "She saved him" part could be taken this way:

Rebecca let Maxie die to be "saved" by God.

Another way of interpreting it. I am not saying I believe this, just looking at it in a different light after speaking with some involved in this case.

I just found this, from the only "insider" on this case. This is from last September. Very interesting...

chasing.halos

Do you all think maybe, if Rebecca did indeed write the message, that the "She saved him" part could be taken this way:

Rebecca let Maxie die to be "saved" by God.

Another way of interpreting it. I am not saying I believe this, just looking at it in a different light after speaking with some involved in this case.

Bizarre. Ridiculous.

But let's reinvestigate both cases, investigating all the evidence and see what we come up with.

If the door had been retained for evidence, it could be retested for other fingerprints, DNA, microscopic blood or other bodily fluids, etc.

It's a shame so much evidence was either destroyed or not tested. Wouldn't it have been interesting to know if RZ's blood, hair or DNA was on the balcony railing and the plants below - the ones that supposedly left cuts and wounds on her back?

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if there was really a text from Jonah that caused RZ to turn from calm and thoughtful into a suicidal frenzy? Wouldn't it be interesting to know what the content of that text was, if it existed? Wouldn't it be interesting to have transcripts of Jonah's calls to RZ and to others on that fatal night and during the days leading up to it? Same for Dina and her sister's phones.

So much evidence to comb through, so little of it used in the SDSO investigation.

If the door had been retained for evidence, it could be retested for other fingerprints, DNA, microscopic blood or other bodily fluids, etc.

It's a shame so much evidence was either destroyed or not tested. Wouldn't it have been interesting to know if RZ's blood, hair or DNA was on the balcony railing and the plants below - the ones that supposedly left cuts and wounds on her back?

Wouldn't it be interesting to have transcripts of Jonah's calls to RZ and to others on that fatal night and during the days leading up to it? Same for Dina and her sister's phones.

The door was tested. Any new "fingerprints, DNA, microscopic blood, or other bodily fluids" would not just miraculously appear more than a year later.

How do you KNOW they didn't test the balcony railing and plants below for RZ's blood, hair, or DNA. You don't. And they probably did, IMO.

Anne Bremenr has those text transcripts and could release them if she wanted to. She doesn't want to because it proves that Rebecca's death was suicide, IMO.

The door was tested. Any new "fingerprints, DNA, microscopic blood, or other bodily fluids" would not just miraculously appear more than a year later.

How do you KNOW they didn't test the balcony railing and plants below for RZ's blood, hair, or DNA. You don't. And they probably did, IMO.

Anne Bremenr has those text transcripts and could release them if she wanted to. She doesn't want to because it proves that Rebecca's death was suicide, IMO.

Got a link? The door was only tested for RZ's fingerprints, nothing else.

Anne Bremner is a smart attorney. She's not going to make the same mistakes Dina made. She's keeping the information she has confidential (and of course she doesn't have all of it, only SDSO knows what evidence there really is) until the AG makes a ruling.

No AG, judge or prosecuting attorney would consider reinvestigating the cases if an attorney had taken all the evidence public and broadcast it in the news media. Dina will probably regret that decision, if she really wanted to re-open her son's case.

Going to the media with evidence will destroy any chance of that happening.

Could that have been her original intention? Did she take evidence from Max's case public in hopes of preventing the RZ's case from being reopened?

Interesting strategy, but it doesn't appear to be working.

They only FOUND fingerprints. It was tested for both, IMO. Anne Bremner quit talking after she was told by Gore he would release all the files. That was months before she sent her request to the AG.

By Sgt. Nemeth at the Sept. 2nd, 2011, from the press conference transcripts :

"Evidence was collected and ultimately examined in this case. The black paint from the
door, the brush, the paint tube, paint found on the victim’s hand and torso and on the rope around her neck were all the same paint. Fingerprints from the guestroom entry door and the doorjamb itself, the balcony door, the large knife and the bed leg directly next the rope, were all from Rebecca. DNA profiles from the victim's bindings on both her handsand her feet, the rope around her neck, the rope attached the footboard of the bed, and thesmall knife were only from Rebecca. I like to point out that the crime lab personnel who do this analysis focused very strongly on areas that would've had to be manipulated to accomplish tying a person up in the manner in which we found her."

The Spreckels is a historical home. Remember all the trouble with the planning commission/city counsel Jonah had while trying to remodel?

Bet the planning commission/city counsel said the door had to be back in place and painted by a certain date. Red tape and all.

I doubt that the planning committee cared about that door one way or another. I'm certain the bigger concern would have been that the police complete a thorough and accurate investigation for the safety of the community. It must be unnerving for the residents there who were brave enough to go to the police with what they saw and heard only to be discounted and blown off. Now they must endure not knowing whether or not a murderer resides among them.

Ya know - I can just lock up every thread in this forum.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member