The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I'll make a couple observations.

I have a friend who is Morman. It's not really a specific diet they follow but they do not consume alcohol or caffeine. No smoking also.

They do keep a pantry stocked with non-perishables for emergency purposes.

kato said:
Even IF he isn't involved in his wife's death someone needs to knock him down a peg or two.

Kinda OT but what the heck kind of name is Raven? Oh, I forgot maybe they named him that because of his Indian heritage.
I think it was his great-grandfather who was a menominee. Looking at Abaroa, it would appear the dark haired, brown-eyed genes were recessed, as he looks blue-eyed and blonde.

misterallgood said:
I think it was his great-grandfather who was a menominee. Looking at Abaroa, it would appear the dark haired, brown-eyed genes were recessed, as he looks blue-eyed and blonde.

Hanging his hat on that tells me one thing ... wannabe
Heck even I have that much American Indian in me.

golfmom said:
More musing out loud . . .

6. Why would anyone who has as much financial problems as this couple did have a truck like that?
I also noticed that the vehicle that is glorified on the website is not the one that the police were searching. The news reports made reference to a Dodge Durango.

misterallgood said:

He's a brunette. That hair is bleached in newer photos. Half-bleached, like that goofy style with the blunt cut (light top) and clipped bottom. Kind of like a male version of Dorothy Hammel. (sp!)

Another DING DING moment for me with this guy is his obvioulsy false statements about his present position. Does he even have a High school graduation? He certainly is NOT an IT consultant. Whoever heard of a firm in the US hiring an IT consultant without degrees coming out of their ears? MS Certified whatever are seen as aggresive wannabes, with an aggresive attitude, and not a lot of grey matter. Not wanted or needed in IT. In IT we know obvious frauds, in an instant. I don't think I missed a step here: Embezzlement = fraud.

I do not know what is going on with this guy, Raven. I do know, however, that his website is CREEPY!!!!! :eek:

golfmom said:
..what if as a motive he could now pin those "bad decisions" i.e. embezzlement on his dead wife? She's not around now to say she wasn't the one who took the money.
That's a possibility. We'll wait and see what transpires

mrallgood, I was looking at Misfitting this morning and read your post. It caught my interest. I checked out his blog. Now you've got me interested. BTW, if no one has mentioned it, there is a picture of the three of them on page three of his log. I will finish reading all the posts and check out the links. Thanks for the thread. This sounds like a definite case for WS.

Whoaaaaa .... I found this article, this isn't the story that is being currently reported ....

http://www.nbc17.com/news/4421425/detail.html

Officers were called to the home at about 11 p.m. and discovered the body of 25-year-old Janet Abaroa.

One of Abaroa's co-workers e-mailed her, and when she failed to respond, she and other co-workers went to check on her.

Abaroa's husband wasn't at the crime scene, and police had no word on his whereabouts as of Wednesday evening. Police haven't disclosed whether they believe the slaying was the result of a domestic dispute.

golfmom said:
Whoaaaaa .... I found this article, this isn't the story that is being currently reported ....

http://www.nbc17.com/news/4421425/detail.html

Officers were called to the home at about 11 p.m. and discovered the body of 25-year-old Janet Abaroa.

One of Abaroa's co-workers e-mailed her, and when she failed to respond, she and other co-workers went to check on her.

Abaroa's husband wasn't at the crime scene, and police had no word on his whereabouts as of Wednesday evening. Police haven't disclosed whether they believe the slaying was the result of a domestic dispute.
Er...WTF? This is one of the earliest stories, but man, that's such a specific element about the e-mail. How did the story get so out of whack? This one is getting stranger all the time.

I've read every post and most of the blogging and news stories and I found some things that also caused me to raise a brow...

On the archived files of Raven's site, he thanks his "dear friend" ... a female. Wondering if there was anything going on between them? He thanks for helping him create his website ... this is a link to her site.
www.jenique.com

Additionally, the timing of their jobs and new jobs?
They both left their jobs in January.... within a few months, Janet found a new job. That would've been in March. It was reported in the link two posts ago that a co-worker of Janet's emailed her. When she didn't respond back, they went to check on her. I've been at my job several years and none of my co-workers write to check on me, but she's only been there a month or so... wonder if she confided in a colleague any fears she had of someone stalking her or regarding her husband.

After reading Raven's blog, yes, he seems fixated on himself, his tough life and money.

Raven did well in soccer when he was young. I thought they met at college so I assumed he went to college but maybe didn't graduate? He was attending night school full time, I read on his website, so he was working on a degree.

Another interesting point ...

LE found a pawn shop ticket in the couple's dodge durango. Interesting. I wonder what was pawned and maybe it was to help with troubled finances.

I read that the couple wanted to move back to Virginia. I wonder how long they lived where they were living?

Whoa! The search warrant IS very revealing. Siezed: Fired and unfired shell casings?? So there was a gunshot afterall?? And they did a trace of Janet's hands, if I read correctly, to see if she may have fired the gun?? Did they find a gun?? Was the baby screaming when LE showed up I wonder??

misterallgood said:
Er...WTF? This is one of the earliest stories, but man, that's such a specific element about the e-mail. How did the story get so out of whack? This one is getting stranger all the time.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with this story. Reporters get things wrong at times, but usually the basic story right, the little details are what get messed up. This one doesn't line up anywhere. But, what's nagging me is ... What if this is the true story that slipped out early?

I know you mentioned it earlier, but LE seems to be handling this one extremely professionally. But, I sure love when there's a babbermouth in the department.

golfmom said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with this story. Reporters get things wrong at times, but usually the basic story right, the little details are what get messed up. This one doesn't line up anywhere. But, what's nagging me is ... What if this is the true story that slipped out early?

I know you mentioned it earlier, but LE seems to be handling this one extremely professionally. But, I sure love when there's a babbermouth in the department.
me too!

I sure would love to see this thread get it's own forum.

Barbara2 said:
This is also from one of the early articles:

She had just gotten a job in bookkeeping at Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, Greijn said. The company manufactures construction materials. The victim's husband, Raven Abaroa, worked in sales, he said.

http://newsobserver.com/news/story/2353536p-8731092c.html

This is a subscription site.

I think in this situation sales was a euphuism a commission only job. You know like selling steak knives. He would have been pretty unemployable with the charges that he was facing for embezzlement.

Obit

ABAROA

DURHAM - Janet Marie Abaroa, 25, died at her home, on Tuesday, April 26, 2005.
Janet worked as an accounting representative and was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Janet Marie Abaroa is survived by her husband, Raven; son, Kaiden; parents, Val and Janet Christiansen, eight brothers and sisters and her grandmother, Janet Layton.
Donations can be mailed to the Janet Abaroa Memorial Fund, I.B.E.W. Federal Credit Union, 3405 West 1987 South, Salt Lake City UT 84104 or call 801.975.9693. A funeral service will be held in Southern Virginia. Local arrangements are by - Hudson Funeral Home, Durham.

golfmom said:
I think in this situation sales was a euphuism a commission only job. You know like selling steak knives. He would have been pretty unemployable with the charges that he was facing for embezzlement.
I don't think he had any job at all. The person who gave that interview was the landlord. "Sales" is what they told the landlord while at the same time they were very specific about her work information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member