The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
To those that attended the funeral.
What was given out as the cause of Janet's death?
What did people speculate happened to her or why?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I didn't hear anyone mention the cause or any sort of speculation-which I thougt was weird. Though maybe it was appropriate. They were burying their daughter, sister, friend. I think the funeral was to be more a comfort to them and I don't know if mentioning how she died would have brought much comfort.

From the search warrant it looks like they had taken the clothes that Raven was wearing that night. Would they have taken everything he was wearing and logged it? And would they have taken everything as in his underwear? Because I didn't see this logged.

I found a small detail in a search result link but I can't get the link to work. When I searched at site in the link, it brought up no results.

heraldsun.com: Police say woman stabbed to death
The charges are pending and Raven Abaroa is scheduled to appear in court on June 10. His attorney, Julian Mack, declined comment Monday.
www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-603401.html

anneshirley said:
I didn't hear anyone mention the cause or any sort of speculation-which I thougt was weird. Though maybe it was appropriate. They were burying their daughter, sister, friend. I think the funeral was to be more a comfort to them and I don't know if mentioning how she died would have brought much comfort.
Agreed...

JerseyGirl said:
I found a small detail in a search result link but I can't get the link to work. When I searched at site in the link, it brought up no results.

heraldsun.com: Police say woman stabbed to death
The charges are pending and Raven Abaroa is scheduled to appear in court on June 10. His attorney, Julian Mack, declined comment Monday.
www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-603401.html

JerseyGirl, try searching our thread here, we documented almost everything early on here. :blowkiss:

golfmom said:
JerseyGirl, try searching our thread here, we documented almost everything early on here. :blowkiss:
I just wasn't sure if the date had been mentioned. The thread is so long that searching it at this point would just take too long. Sorry to repeat.

golfmom said:
Remember, to search our thread here, there's lots of stuff early on. :D

Post #21 for the info on the article you were looking for. Hugs!
I don't see the date of his court appearance in that post. I just wanted to post that in case it hadn't been yet. I was also interested in seeing if that article had information I hadn't seen yet. :)

ETA: That link either no longer works or just isn't opening for me.

Barbara2 said:
There are two mentions of his attorney but not when she was hired. I'm guessing that he already had the attorney because of the embezzlement charges.

Raven Abaroa has been unavailable for comment, and his attorney, Julian Mack, declined to comment when reached by The Herald-Sun on Monday.

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-603813.html

Raven Abaroa, 25, had worked at Eurosport in Hillsborough, where he allegedly embezzled thousands of dollars and was charged with five counts of embezzlement on Feb. 2, according to court documents.

The alleged offenses occurred last year on the first of July, September, October, November and December.

The charges are pending and Raven Abaroa is scheduled to appear in court on June 10.

His attorney, Julian Mack, declined comment Monday.

"At this point, he would be unavailable for comment, as would I," Mack said.

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-603401.html

Yep, this thread is wayyyyyyyy toooooooo longggggg ... LOL
Sometimes, when I want to get back into an old article I can access the cache. Sometimes not.

Edited to add ... when I tried to get to the cache on that article I got some strange message I have never gotten before ... something is a little odd on this one. :confused:

Your search - cache:7scCaDbyjnwJ:www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-603401.html Julian Mack abaroa - did not match any documents.

Moxie said:
Vero,

No. I was there and although he seemed sad at moments, those moments were fleeting. I got the impression that he didn't seem too broken up about it. He was very upbeat almost, which left me with an incredible sinking feeling in my stomach.
How could you not be broken up about it? Did he have the baby with him most of the time? This might be a little invasive (please excuse), but were people talking about the possibility of Raven there--like friends of Janet's? But maybe that wasn't the time or place to speculate.

I don't think that there's any reason to fear for Kaiden. If there's one thing that Raven seems to admire in this world (other than cars, money, computers) it seems to be that baby.

Jenifred said:
I don't think that there's any reason to fear for Kaiden. If there's one thing that Raven seems to admire in this world (other than cars, money, computers) it seems to be that baby.

But what if he feels like LE is closing in on him?
Will he take off with the baby in tow?

Jenifred said:
How could you not be broken up about it? Did he have the baby with him most of the time? This might be a little invasive (please excuse), but were people talking about the possibility of Raven there--like friends of Janet's? But maybe that wasn't the time or place to speculate.

Jenifred,
The service was a day to remember Janet and to be supportive of her family. My feeling was that it was not the place to speculate as to Raven's involvement. Believe me, while there, you definitely got a sense of the enormity of the situation along with the incredible loss, shock and sadness that Janet's family felt. However, you also got a sense of their strong Christian faith. It would have been disrespectful to focus on anything other than Janet that day.

...where I live, even if the father were not yet charged /not going to be charged with the mother's murder, the child might be placed in a temporary foster care situation anyway... (notion being, that the father is unfit if, in fact, he did it, but also that even if the father did not do it, that the "real" perp could come back, or that the fact that the mother is murdered IN AND OF ITSELF creates an unsafe situation for the child...so the child is "hidden" by being placed elsewhere...also, adults tend to show "their true colors" more sometimes if they are not with a child...Never understood why this was not also done with Burke in the Ramsey case....maybe laws are more lax on child welfare out West???

Can any of you speculate on why this was not done?

All of this is, of course, my opinion...

Moxie said:
The service was a day to remember Janet and to be supportive of her family. My feeling was that it was not the place to speculate as to Raven's involvement. Believe me, while there, you definitely got a sense of the enormity of the situation along with the incredible loss, shock and sadness that Janet's family felt. However, you also got a sense of their strong Christian faith. It would have been disrespectful to focus on anything other than Janet that day.
All rightly so.

NCBanker said:
If they were married in the temple, I would be a little more hesitant to think he did this. There are sacred covenants made there, and the couple is sealed for time and all eternity. One must adhere to the highest moral standards in order to enter the temple. Not every member of the Church goes there, though it is the ultimate goal for every member. Without divulging certain sacred things, the temple clothing is symbolic of a host of things, including the covenants made therein. Other religious groups also have similar burial practices. Again, they are merely symbolic of the things that take place within the temple and the covenants that are made. Those covenants include adhering to higher moral standards.
He could've paid someone to do it.

Someone posted that he didn't attend a soccer game; rather, he played in one... I wonder what her time of death was? When the game was over?

golfmom said:
But what if he feels like LE is closing in on him?
Will he take off with the baby in tow?
All I'm saying is that I don't believe that he wouldn't hurt the child.

JerseyGirl said:
http://www.purchasing.utah.gov/agencies/contracts/ma382.pdf

On page two, under "Names Of Persons Responsible For Taking Orders", you'll find a Raven Abaroa. It's in SLC, Utah, and appears to be computer-related.
yeah it's the same person, I posted about it around page 10 of this thread. There's also an email he wrote to a potential client filled with poor grammar.

I am going to email the mods and ask them if we can have a forum for this case.
Maybe then we can take the posts and move them to appropriate threads. I'd also like to get a timeline started...

PrayersForMaura said:
Maybe then we can take the posts and move them to appropriate threads. I'd also like to get a timeline started...
That would be great. I can no longer remember what information has been posted & what hasn't. And there's just no way to effectively search to track things down without spending a TON of extra time. I'd just rather repeat ourselves once in a while than to have to worry about searching to see if something's already been mentioned. I simply don't have the time. As it is, I spend way too much time reading here! If I have to start re-reading everything, I might never have time to do my chores, (which is okay too). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici