The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenifred said:
Am I making too much of a deal out of the fact that he's got dogs? He mentions two dogs here and on the Christmas 2003/Trailer Park page you see pictures of a huge husky (breed?). My thinking is that if there was an intruder the night Janet was murdered, the dogs would have been barking, and barking enough that neighbors (if close enough) would have heard a racket. Are they that far away from neighbors that no one would have noticed that kind of thing? Any one think of this?

GolfMom, where did you find that quote?
according to his archives, he had 2 or 3 cats and 2 dogs

"My mom says, "with a small apartment, it must be like having kids running around the house all the time. They are always there." I am not sure if there is a deeper meaning to that statement. Maybe what she meant to say was, "You kids were always running around the house when I was trying to get work done." Maybe not. Anyway, it is great to have three pets around the house all the time. Their names are Shanuk, Ashes (charcoal cat) and Lucky (short hair black cat). Lucky plays fetch and sleeps at the foot of the bed. Ashes is a very sly cat and sleeps at the head of the bed. Shanuk is just amazing and is a great companion. She sleeps outside or in the living room. "

http://web.archive.org/web/20010422073607/www.ravenstree.com/pets.htm

I heard today from a reliable source that Raven is not a person of interest in this case. He has been checked and rechecked. Though items of his (clothes, car, etc.) were examined for blood trace evidence, none was found. The Durham PD is stumped. So much for being an open and shut case. So much for waiting for lab results. They have no major leads.

NCBanker said:
I heard today from a reliable source that Raven is not a person of interest in this case. He has been checked and rechecked. Though items of his (clothes, car, etc.) were examined for blood trace evidence, none was found. The Durham PD is stumped. So much for being an open and shut case. So much for waiting for lab results. They have no major leads.
maybe he didn't actually commit the crime, but I would think he's involved one way or another.

PrayersForMaura said:
maybe he didn't actually commit the crime, but I would think he's involved one way or another.

ITA with you, PrayersForMaura, and I'll believe he wasn't involved when LE says they have no leads, that they need the public's help to find a killer.
They said this was not a random killing.
They have not redacted that statement.

Thinkoflaura said:
ITA with you, PrayersForMaura, and I'll believe he wasn't involved when LE says they have no leads, that they need the public's help to find a killer.
They said this was not a random killing.
They have not redacted that statement.
Well just because they said it wasn't a random killing doesn't mean the husband did it. It simply means it was personal. The killer knew the victim, apparently. There was no burglary or forced entry. That doesn't mean the husband did it.

Don't get me wrong, he's done some pretty odd things, which would lead any gumshoe detective to suspect him. I haven't ruled him out, but that information I received today is the most credible, most up to date that we have.

NCBanker said:
Well just because they said it wasn't a random killing doesn't mean the husband did it. It simply means it was personal. The killer knew the victim, apparently. There was no burglary or forced entry. That doesn't mean the husband did it.

Don't get me wrong, he's done some pretty odd things, which would lead any gumshoe detective to suspect him. I haven't ruled him out, but that information I received today is the most credible, most up to date that we have.
NC Banker,

Is your source in LE?

NCBanker said:

So, did Durham PD finally manage to track down the missing computer or computers that Raven obviously owns and still uses?

I've really been wondering about that.. seems so strange.
Thanks.

Moxie said:
NC Banker,

Is your source in LE?
The source is in LE and no, I have no information on the computers, whether they were found or not.

NCBanker said:
The source is in LE and no, I have no information on the computers, whether they were found or not.
Since he was on MySpace today, and obviously has internet access, how do we know that he is not reading this site, or even posting to it?

...perhaps he hired help...

...maybe that's where some of the embezzeled $ went ("down payment"??)...just a thought...

...just my opinion...

cappuccina said:
...perhaps he hired help...

...maybe that's where some of the embezzeled $ went ("down payment"??)...just a thought...

...just my opinion...
I don't trust most LE... maybe the "source" was in on it?

Moxie said:
Since he was on MySpace today, and obviously has internet access, how do we know that he is not reading this site, or even posting to it?
i bet he does read here... probably loves the attention upon himself. :rolleyes:

JerseyGirl said:
I was wondering if golfmom did because of one of her posts above. It makes me wonder if he was actively logged on, making changes, when golfmom was there. That helps to possibly give an idea of the time that he logged on.

Sorry, they were there when I checked. I just figured that could have happened anytime and wouldn't make a difference as to when Raven logged on. Was I wrong?

NCBanker said:
Do you think that there was a time that they were going to actually make a statement saying that they have found nothing to connect Raven to the crime? I think that they would want to alert the public to the fact that they have run out of leads and that they didn't find anything--especially if nothing turned up from the forensics testing. Do you know if there was any DNA found on her nails?

I think that I would have to err on the side of Thinkoflaura and PrayersforMaura, they would have to say something for me to believe that they've eliminated Raven completely.

Jenifred said:
My thinking is that if there was an intruder the night Janet was murdered, the dogs would have been barking, and barking enough that neighbors (if close enough) would have heard a racket.
In the Jessica Lunsford case, their normally yappy daschund apparently didn't make a sound.

PrayersForMaura said:
As odd as a lot of the things we've been discussing are, I'm still not convinced. I hope that something breaks soon. We see so many cases drag on and on, and it must be sheer torture for those left behind.

Thinkoflaura said:
So, did Durham PD finally manage to track down the missing computer or computers that Raven obviously owns and still uses?
He could be using a computer at Barnes & Noble bookstore for all we know. But it is curious IF they haven't found his personal computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500