The Note Page

Forgive me, first time poster here, longtime lurker. It just occurred to me that 402 months is roughly 33 years. Instead of thinking about it as something that takes 33 years to happen, or a possible prison sentence, has anyone suggested that this could represent something else? Like how long ago a significant event in her life occurred? This could be anything, including perhaps, a run away date.

She died in 2010, correct? 402 months in the past (depending on the date she wrote this) would have been 1976 or 1977.
It is interesting that 402 months is written with a different orientation to the other postings on the notes page, like it was done hurriedly and as a last posting perhaps.

If you look at the notes page on the right side, there is a 800 number start and then below it there is the phone number 811-0690. If you put those numbers together, you get 1 800 811 0690. I googled that it came up as a flicker photo sharing number.

If you look at the notes page on the right side, there is a 800 number start and then below it there is the phone number 811-0690. If you put those numbers together, you get 1 800 811 0690. I googled that it came up as a flicker photo sharing number.

I entered the name of Lori Ruff on photo sharing with flickr. The name was active and photos came up for Lori Ruff, but there were none that had been activated.

This however does indicate that the 1800 goes with 811-0690. I wondered if the number 213 642 0690 was related to Flickr in some way as it is in the same circle.

It occurred to me that the note "ours" with the 303 phone number refers to "our lawyer", meaning she was with another person IE: husband/boyfriend and that was "their lawyer". So to me, that would indicate that the Colorado lawyer represented either her and/or her significant other. I would bet she was originally from Colorado.

I wonder if FLEK was pregnant when she wrote that note. Regarding the 402 months--could it be 40-42 weeks? In the past, a baby born anytime between 40 weeks and 42 weeks was considered full term. Could it be possible she was trying to have an abortion? I have heard that when women have abortions, it makes it harder for them to conceive later on. Could also explain why she had trouble getting pregnant later on.

My mind is still on that note--what if the lawyer was for a medical malpractice injury? What if the records refer to medical records?

I wonder if FLEK was pregnant when she wrote that note. Regarding the 402 months--could it be 40-42 weeks? In the past, a baby born anytime between 40 weeks and 42 weeks was considered full term. Could it be possible she was trying to have an abortion? I have heard that when women have abortions, it makes it harder for them to conceive later on. Could also explain why she had trouble getting pregnant later on.
I think 40 2 months or 402 months or whatever she wrote has nothing to do with pregnancy. A term pregnancy is 38-42 weeks, or 9 months. I feel that is common enough knowledge that it wouldn't be mistaken. She did have a history of miscarriage, according to Ruff/Velling, but neither abortion or miscarriage decrease the ability to conceive in the future. There are rare complications that can arise from either situation that could affect future fertility, but it is most likely that she had a hard time conceiving due to age.
I am not even the tiniest bit interested in taking this discussion into a debate about abortion. It really has no bearing on her identity change or death.

This may have already been discussed...

Federal prison sentences are given as months vs. years.
402 months = 33 years
Google 402 months federal prison sentence and news articles come up.

In the 213-642-0690 circle on the center right hand page. There is a 6pm and toren, or to ren, or to *advertiser censored*.

I looked up 213 and found out it was Los Angeles and then did a search for "toren Los Angeles" and there is a law firm in Encino with that name.

I've read through the entire section here on LEK I don't remember this being followed up on as a lead but have not gone any farther just in case it had been.

Anyone?

"THESE EYES SHOOT" look like it is written by somebody else, or she intentionally wrote with cursive capitals for emphasis. However, even the numbers don't appear to match her writing.

Also, can anyone play with the contrast on what may have been written below the Lish area that seems to be transferred through from a page under or something?

In the 213-642-0690 circle on the center right hand page. There is a 6pm and toren, or to ren, or to *advertiser censored*.

I looked up 213 and found out it was Los Angeles and then did a search for "toren Los Angeles" and there is a law firm in Encino with that name.

I've read through the entire section here on LEK I don't remember this being followed up on as a lead but have not gone any farther just in case it had been.

Anyone?
I don't recall anyone mentioning contacting a law firm by that name so if you are willing to then I think that couldn't hurt.

I don't recall anyone mentioning contacting a law firm by that name so if you are willing to then I think that couldn't hurt.

I tried looking it up in the division of corporations and there was nothing. I called the number and it went straight to a young woman's voicemail.

Toren does however translate to 'tower' in Dutch. Is there a tower that someone would meet at in or around Los Angeles at the time?

I tried looking it up in the division of corporations and there was nothing. I called the number and it went straight to a young woman's voicemail.

Toren does however translate to 'tower' in Dutch. Is there a tower that someone would meet at in or around Los Angeles at the time?

In German it translates to hills.

There is also an accident and injury attorney in est. 1983 tore(m) and assoc. all over the state of CA.

Anyone?

Good catch, it could also be Torem - is this the same law firm you were looking at or a different one: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/torem-and-associates-beverly-hills

Maybe try that number, if you are still willing to give it a shot?

Anyone?

Toren could be correct. At first glance I thought "+ Orem" (as in Orem UT). :thinking:

I tend to think it is a reference to a time. Either something is open 6:00 to "ten" or a reference to the time difference across the United States. There is a four hour time difference from California and Nevada to the east coast, i.e. if it is 6:00 in one place, it could be 10:00 ("ten") in the other. Could the word be simply "ten"?

It could also be a time that she had to go somewhere and a place., i.e. 6:00 to _____ , such as 6:00 to "ren" as in Reno perhaps? Or perhaps figuring out what time it might be in Reno (or some other abbreviated place) at a certain point?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back