The Oasis - A Place To Share How You Unwind From the Case

I spend time with husband and stepdaughter, and even play games like online rpgs where I can kill lots of bad guys and make myself feel better. LOL.

And when it gets to be too much, I step back and just stay away for a bit. It's nice when we have that break from Saturday to Monday. I can recharge a bit then.

Well, I guess I'm a weirdo, because even though this case really gets to me at times, I am able to get over it quickly and move on to something else, when needed. I do have an ADD-type brain though -- it jumps from one thing to the next very quickly.

I read. Presently reading "Objection: How High-Priced Defense Attorneys, Celebrity Defendants, and a 24/7 Media Have Hijacked Our Criminal Justice System" by Nancy Grace.

I picked it up in our local Dollar Store (sorry, Nancy!) awhile ago, and thought it might be a good time to read it (to unwind from the stress of this trial.)

Sorry I didn't pick it up sooner. It is precisely what we are seeing in this trial. Highly recommend this book.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwSd6pd5UAQ"]YouTube - ‪Jackie Evancho - Angel (from PBS Great Performances)‬‏[/ame]

OMG you can play scrabble on FB? I played it years ago on-line with my brother, then Scrabble took it down. OMG - I have to look it up. Thanks for the tip :)

Never ask what FB mafia wars did for me several years ago. HAHA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjIrNbAtEA"]YouTube - ‪Jackie Evancho - Nessun Dorma (from PBS Great Performances)‬‏[/ame]

Well I have been waiting for this trial for a long three years just like all of you. There is a load of stress that goes along with it for those of us that are totally consumed with it like I am. Since the trial started I have gained 5 pounds so I would guess food is what I have turned to. My weight gain is all Casey's fault! Yet another reason to not like her! lol

A little Jazz takes me away..................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGw9TggYTmg&feature=fvst"]YouTube - ‪Herb Alpert - Rise (1980)‬‏[/ame]

I jut finished reading a biography about Jim Morrison last night and starting one today on the Rolling Stones, by the same author...nothing trial-related there. :) And watching/listening to clips of favorite songs on youtube. I only just discovered you only have to type in the song or artist and there it is, lots of choices and versions. (I enjoyed watching some Doors performances this weekend, now that I know what drugs/in what state JM was on for each performance...) My cat got a scare, when the computer suddenly started rocking out and he fled my lap pretty quickly.

Great question

I always go back to music to break my thought pattern and not dwell about which I can't control. Usally something out of the ordinary I consider great entertainment. Here's a clip seen on the news that tilts my head in amazement.

YouTube - ‪8 Year Old Jonny Mizzone - Flint Hill Special - Sleepy Man Banjo Boys‬‏

This kid is amazing. Thanks for sharing as we all try to unwind from the trial from He77. Reminds me of one of my fave movies ever, August Rush.

*singing* Midnight at the oasis, put your camel to bed....

Oops, wrong oasis.

I come here and read ALL DAY LONG!! It's always up on my computer at work and then I login as soon as I get home....lol If I am not watching something on tv related to the case my husband thinks something is wrong with me!! The really cool thing is I have people at work that ask me on almost a daily basis how the trial is going (and they had never heard of the case before). I feel like I get to be a voice for Caylee through all the people I tell about the case. I am so glad I found this website, it is filled with such wonderful caring people!!! :)

Glad you liked that one. It is funny as heck. We all need a little levity because this trial is quite taxing on the soul imo.......

I have showed that video to my boyfriend, my kids and watched it 5 more times -- laughed just as hard each time. I have a dog that is a total food ho' and keywords set off the same response. It's just too funny.

You made my day.

When something moves me, I sometimes make these videos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2bTuUOAwn8"]YouTube - ‪Caylee's Team‬‏[/ame]

I would not tell this to anyone who actually knows who I am (too embarrassing and they might throw a net over me) but I think there is something really wrong with me. I go to sleep thinking about this case/trial, I wake up and begin thinking about it before I get out of bed, I watch recaps/discussions even after court is in recess or over for the day. I read message boards and blogs and anything I can find. Last week I ate tuna out of the can because anything else would take prep time. I don't always answer the phone. I have quit doing my volunteer work. I have never followed any crime like this one--whatever CBS news at 6 reported was the most information I needed. The only oasis that I can dimly see in the distance is a verdict.

I hear you. I hope normalcy returns soon. One week during a document dump all of my silverware was in the dishwasher and I ate a salad in front of the computer with a fondue fork. You aren't alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back