The Race For DA in Durham

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4247722/

TRACEY CLINE SWORN IN!

Cline takes reins as Durham DA

traceycline_edited-1-220x165.jpg

Posted: Jan. 5, 2009
Durham, N.C. — A longtime prosecutor took the oath of Durham County district attorney Monday, becoming the first black woman to hold the post.

Tracey Cline, a sex crimes prosecutor in the 14th Judicial District for more than a decade, won the district attorney position during the May primary with 46 percent of the vote, beating out three other Democratic challengers.

CONGRATS! I hope you are ready to get to work and start taking care of the backlog! I think this will be a change towards the positive, at least I pray it will be.

..this is excellent news !!!

..previous DA's have basically 'swept this under the rug'---------

..i hope that tracy cline will take a new look at janet's case-----what can WE do to bring it to her attention ?

..this is excellent news !!!

..previous DA's have basically 'swept this under the rug'---------

..i hope that tracy cline will take a new look at janet's case-----what can WE do to bring it to her attention ?

She has worked there quite some time now, but I have no clue what she knows and doesn't know about the case.

I think she has a lot of messes that need to be cleaned up and a back-order of things. I know they had two previous acting DA's there in the past, but I highly doubt they did anything but keep the machine moving. I think she's going to need some time to learn some of the inner-workings of the office. Working in the same office and working that actual job is two different things, I think there will be some time before she will want to take on a circumstantial evidence base case.

For those that may have been following the Casey Anthony case, you will see they use the term Circumstantial Evidence case often. You and I may see 1 Million and 1 Reasons that are clear-cut dots pointing to Casey being a murderer. 1 million dots sometimes does not make up for a weapon or more importantly a witness. In that case there is still a fear amongst the experts that there will be some loopholes out there that she will be able to get out on appeal. You listen to Defense attorney's and their ridiculous spins and Red-Herrings. Those work in court. If things are worded a certain way, it's easy to put doubt in the minds of jurors, because people automatically don't want to believe someone that loves someone can be so brutal.

That's the reality of this case. It's a Circumstantial Evidence case. What new DA is going to want to walk in and pick up and go to Court with a CE case. Her credibility as the first woman DA in Durham, the first real DA since the city was Nifonged. I think it may be too soon for her to do so right now, and I think there's still a waiting period ahead. I would love to be wrong.

I pray that Tracey Cline gets to look at the case and does so with gleam in her eye...ready and willing to take on and win Justice for Janet and her unborn child.

I'm hoping she will get this case and take it seriously. I also hope she'll be a pit bull with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back