The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.

Did Patsy write the ransom note?

• Yes, Patsy wrote the note

Votes: 289 91.2%
  • No, Patsy did not write the note

Votes: 28 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm reading those polls incorrectly, it shows me that even back then, the majority believed the Ramsey's were involved. Then it's "not sure" and then a very small percentage believes they are not involved...

Am I misunderstanding the poll results?

Unless I'm reading those polls incorrectly, it shows me that even back then, the majority believed the Ramsey's were involved. Then it's "not sure" and then a very small percentage believes they are not involved...

Am I misunderstanding the poll results?
No, you've interpreted the results correctly. I was surprised that the margins weren't greater. It seemed everyone was RDI early on.

In the early days, there were many false leaks shared with the media, casting suspicion on the family. The BPD applied their "public pressure" strategy, per Steve Thomas. The initial DNA results were not disclosed until long after they were obtained, AND the CODIS profile + the two matching profiles were obtained years after these polls were conducted.

[modsnip]

...95%? Where'd you get that number?

Gonna step in here and say - First, this is addressed to everyone reading/posting here. I only quoted to clarify an example and make a point.

This is the sort of pettiness that drives me crazy in this forum. I've seen it from both RDIs and IDIs. It only increases the divide between the sides and needs to stop.

I'd venture to guess that nom de plume didn't spend months researching the public at large and come up with any technical statistical numbers that would withstand the scrutiny demanded here by the opposing sides.

HOWEVER, I do know that many of the members in this forum alone have done extensive research over a period of...well some of them a decade. I respect dedication, perseverance and the willingness to put in that kind of work. That's because I personally know what it takes. I dedicated literally countless hours over a period of 5 years doing the exact same thing in the Caylee Anthony tragedy. I know how invested you become when spending every. single. day. & night for years dissecting the intricate evidence. I don't give a flying flip what about the verdict Pinellas 12 handed down, I know without a shadow of doubt exactly who murdered Caylee. I would say the exact same thing - that at LEAST 95% of the public believes the same. Don't ask me to provide statistical date to support that. It's a logical, reasonable assumption.

Another thing, if someone comes along a bit later and is trying to catch up on the extensive research, please take the time to use the search features here at WS before demanding anyone "link it up". Many, if not most, MSM links are disabled on a case this cold. So just because it can't be linked a decade later doesn't mean the information isn't true and valid. There are a ton of resources and verified data saved here at WS. I'm more familiar with the Anthony forum, the posters who frequented there daily/nightly for the past 5 years but there is no way I would expect them to go searching to back up what those people know has already been proven as a fact. They've already spent years doing that for themselves & others. However, I guarantee if a newer sleuth has made a genuine effort and sincerely wants something to back up a claim that is causing the pieces to not fit together for them, then these good people who have more knowledge and experience will be more than happy to help in anyway they can.

All I'm saying here is make sure the requests are reasonable and not petty.

Come on you guys. This doesn't need to be a battle ground. It's only one because people need to be respectful toward each other. Veterans need to respect that newer sleuths are trying to understand how you came to the conclusions you have and, likewise, those more recent sleuths need to respect the fact that many of these folks have dedicated years and tens of thousands of hours researching. Respect is the keyword.

Thanks.

Closing this thread because it appears the subject has been exhausted and the last several pages of discussion are completely off-topic.

Also, please note that I agree with what Beach posted above 100% and if the attacks don't stop, posting privileges are likely to be suspended.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members