The Responsibilities of the University and Threat Assessment

Hastings, I 100 percent agree. This case is beyond bizarre. Many things are not adding up. I thought the university had said before he had no run ins with campus police a few days after this had happened? Anyone remember where I could find that article? I didn't see it anywhere

Shortly after the massacre when the university took the no comment/no releasing information approach it was clear to me that they were trying to get all their ducks in a row in order to avoid litigation and being the focal point in media coverage at a time when emotions were very high. This became more apparent when negative info about the shrink was leaked.

That being said, as someone who has extensive experience in crisis communications public relations, I've never seen a more poorly executed crisis management effort. The university's conflicting statements have only increased their legal liability and raised a plethora of questions.

Law enforcement's conflicting statements and inability to explain several, let's call them, "oddities" is even more perplexing....

In correspondence from Aug. 7, an assistant professor told colleagues that he interviewed Holmes for about 30 minutes during a recruitment visit in February 2011, then noted that his evaluation of Holmes was entered into an internal university system and was still available for examination.

In later correspondence, the campus director of academic support services suggested that the university was looking to get rid of that evaluation from the system.

Jim Finster, the campus director of academic support services, recalled that attorney Annalissa Philbin had 'instructed me to purge those data.'

'Admittedly, I have not completed that task yet, but was planning on doing it very shortly,' Finster wrote in an email to Philbin. 'Should I change those plans?'

It's unclear if Philbin responded, but the university's director of media relations forwarded the exchange to another attorney with a blunt message: 'What??'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-relationship-time-attack.html#ixzz2EKCiwqNV

From your link

Other highlights from the recently-released documents:

One of the emails showed Holmes was interested in a family-medicine residency position
One research assistant said in an email: "[Holmes] could have done this on campus instead of the movies."
Holmes wrote one person, saying he wanted to participate in an fMRI study - which stands for functional magnetic resonance imaging.
Holmes signed his emails "Cheers, James Holmes."

7:40PM EST December 10. 2012 - CENTENNIAL, Colo. — James Holmes, the suspect charged with the shooting spree at an Aurora theater that left 12 people dead and as many as 57 injured, mailed burnt currency to his University of Colorado psychiatrist, according to court testimony on Monday, KUSA-TV reported.

Holmes, who faces 166 counts of murder, attempted murder and other charges related to the shooting, was making his first appearance in court since he reportedly rammed his head into a wall at the Arapahoe County jail. The incident in November forced the postponement of an earlier hearing.

Holmes, 24, sat silently during Monday's proceedings, sporting a full beard, the

BBM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ooting-theater-burned-money-colorado/1759189/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back