The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project

.[B says that is the last he saw of Kyron because Kyron never made it back to the classroom[/B]

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, 'Hi, Kyron,' and he's like, 'Hi. I'm going to go see this cool one. It's electric.' I'm like, 'Alright, bye.' And that's the last time I saw him," T said. "He never did make it back to class."
http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

so if this statement from Kyron's best friend T is true than how do explain the huge inconsistency with the following statement

~snip the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says T.

~snip says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

~snip Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, P says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom.

~snip P's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked P and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk ~end snip

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...P3tb3MkZg.cspx

[I believe the "substitute" was an adult chaperone for the group of 6 that Kyron was supposedly in] I understood this above statement to mean that upon returning to Mrs. Porter's classroom that the chaperone did a final head count and voiced concern when she realized their were only 5 students and that Kyron was the one unaccounted for.(this tells me that Kyron was in the classroom when the students were divided into small groups and then headed out to tour the science fair) Mrs. Porter seems to tell the chaperone that he[Kyron] is probably just in bathroom or at water fountain. The chaperone then leaves.... Therefore this statement is contradicting the statement that T gives saying Kyron never made it back to the classroom when they then divided into smaller groups for the tour, rather Kyron was last seen in the hall alone setting off to see the "electric" science project

Any opinions on the contradictions?

The only thing I can think of is that the groups left independently once they were assigned to their chaperones. Perhaps T was in the first group out just after he saw Kyron, then Kyron came back and was assigned to one of the latter groups to leave.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/kyron-noglassesjpg-cc969e0971b99405.jpg

It was torn in the photo supposedly taken early Friday. There was one other, taken by a news photographer; I'll have to find it and see if it shows it torn too. Maybe someone taped it up for him. If not, I'm really curious who took these other shots and when (I notice the background is different in the two posted by jessi and the one in this link).

If you compare the 2 photos where you can see the front of the box, it looks like the part that has separated (I can not say for certain that it is torn, maybe just a natural seam where 2 pieces of paper were pieced together) at the seam, may be off just out of camera shot of the close up.

If you compare the 2 photos where you can see the front of the box, it looks like the part that has separated (I can not say for certain that it is torn, maybe just a natural seam where 2 pieces of paper were pieced together) at the seam, may be off just out of camera shot of the close up.

Yeah. I still get the feeling that the two closeups are not taken from the photo (or at the same time/day as the photo) I linked. Different background, tear or separation of the paper, even the inside looks different, shifted somehow.

Gotta think on this ...

Strange. I thought the paper on the front of the box was torn in the photo taken that morning. I'll have to enlarge it and look again.

Yes, the paper was torn on the one Kyron is standing in front of. If Terri did hurt him could this be what set her off?

30862_1489639882012_1264414625_1365.jpg

30912_1486164435128_1264414625_1357.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-17.html?tag=page

Yeah. I still get the feeling that the two closeups are not taken from the photo (or at the same time/day as the photo) I linked. Different background, tear or separation of the paper, even the inside looks different, shifted somehow.

Gotta think on this ...

No, I definitely agree with you that they were not cropped from other known photos, but taken independently, as the backgrounds are nothing like what would be seen if they were taken in front of the rest of the project. I wonder if they were taken before or after the other known photos, at home or at school.

I hadn't noticed the difference with the inside. I will have to go back and look. Interesting...

If you are posting photos you must have an approved link for that photo please......

You can leave it. Let's just get better at posting the right links.... :) That pic has been all over. But I'm seeing others pop in here too. xoxoxo

I think the electricity project was probably talked up in class in the days prior to the exhibit. The teacher may have mentioned that the 6th graders had a really cool/exciting electricity project that they would be able to go see on exhibit day.

I also think the projects were set up the day before. It would be soooooo chaotic to have kids arriving at all different times to get their projects set up while visitors were coming and going at the same time. Also, the early-arrivers wouldn't have much to see if most of the other kids hadn't even arrived at school yet. So I think the fair was from 8-10am, and all the exhibits were up and ready to go before school opened that day.

As for the comment that he and his dad had stayed up all night working on Kyron's project....it doesn't specify WHICH night they stayed up all night. They may have been up all night on June 2nd so he could take his project to school on the 3rd so it could be set up before the exhibit on the 4th. I would think that the projects had a "due date" prior to the event itself so the teachers could see and approve the work to be displayed at the fair.

May I please ask if someone knows the answer to this.Kyrons little friend T.Was in Kyrons class room?Did T have a science project too?Did any of Ts family or friends come to see his science project?

Yes, the paper was torn on the one Kyron is standing in front of. If Terri did hurt him could this be what set her off?

30862_1489639882012_1264414625_1365.jpg

30912_1486164435128_1264414625_1357.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-17.html?tag=page

Now that I see a close-up of the project, any particular clues in that itself; like subconscious working through media?
Happens quite a bit in art.

I don't know how involved the family was in the project, but seeing the close-up made me over think for just a split second.

I'm very sorry.I was not aware we could not put the little boys name.I only put his first name.I thought we could.He was on the news and his name was already out there on video and news reports.I won't post his name again.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/kyron-noglassesjpg-cc969e0971b99405.jpg

It was torn in the photo supposedly taken early Friday. There was one other, taken by a news photographer; I'll have to find it and see if it shows it torn too. Maybe someone taped it up for him. If not, I'm really curious who took these other shots and when (I notice the background is different in the two posted by jessi and the one in this link).

Hi, Calliope. I cannot find for sure where these 2 pics came from(am still working on trying to find their "originating" source)I went thru my laptop this a.m. to see exactly where I got them and realized these were actually emailed to me by a friend that's closely following the case as I am. She sent me 7 pics related to the Kyron case,and I downloaded them to my PC from her email.(there are 5other pics but did not post due to other ppl being in the pics w/Kyron)... I am waiting to hear back from her and hopefully she'll know their origination...

ETA: Have been pondering:waitasec:what u stated about there being a tear or rip in the other two "tree frog" pix&there not being a tear or rip in the two(up close)pix that I uploaded in my post(along with your observation of them having completely different backgrounds) and am wondering:waitasec: IF POSSIBLYthese 2 up close pix were possibly taken earlier that morning, or perhaps the night before?maybe even taken at home before they took it to school(and possibly that it got torn or ripped en route to the school or as they were setting it up? Maybe?)... Just thinking out loud about the possibilities bcause ITA with your observation...

W O W... To Calliope or to whomever first noticed the rip in the project...betcha LE has someone monitoring the internet and they are saying W O W, as well!

Thank you! I have been thinking about this contradiction all day. T gives contradictory information. Either he left to go see the "electric exhibit" or he was in class and in a group for the tour. If there really was a cool electric exhibit, I would think Twould have seen it and not spoken of it in the abstract--"a cool electric" vs "the cool electric" if he had seen it as well.

Personally, I am thinking he never got to the classroom for the tour. I think he was gone before that. And I don't think there was an electric exhibit and I think it was a ruse to get him out of the school.

If it is true that the teacher thought Kyron was getting a drink, maybe she did think that for a minute, and then remembered that Terri had said something about an appointment and figured he went with her. She did not owe T any explanation.

Perhaps Kyron was already in a group that was going to see the electric exhibit when he passed by in the hallway and saw TP.

The damage on the front of the box looks to me like the typical glued down and came loose kind of stuff.

W O W... To Calliope or to whomever first noticed the rip in the project...betcha LE has someone monitoring the internet and they are saying W O W, as well!

LOL....most likely, LE is not even remotely as obsessed with the project and the pictures and when they were taken as everyone here seems to be! They have confirmed from the first with the teachers who SAW both Kyron and SM there and know what time and when the project was set up. As far as the rip, the close up pictures do not show that corner of the project. It is located about 1 inch from the right hand corner, and the close up does not extend to that location. Either way, in a second grade classroom, there would be about two dozen glue sticks and rolls of tape within an arms reach to fix any rip of the paper. If TH was so concerned about it that it would "set her off", then she would have fixed it before taking the picture.

My own story to show an example of the "damage" to a project that happens after it is set up at school: My daughter once did an ocean habitat diorama and poster project. She did an amazing job with dolphins, whales, sea turtles, sharks, octopus etc. displayed in an underwater setting. The projects were set up after school or early before school, just as the Skyline displays were done. When I arrived to look over the other displays later in the day, I found two of her "creatures" were missing and were sitting in front of another child's somewhat barren hand printed poster which had no diorama at all. After school I asked her what had happened and if the teacher knew that the other child had "taken" these items off of her display that she had worked so hard to make just perfect. She told me that when she saw her friend that morning she was crying because her project was not as good as many of the other students, so she GAVE her the creatures so she would feel better! While I had been concerned with the effect the missing items might have had on her own grade, my daughter had cared more about the feelings of another child. Once again, child teaches mom a lesson!

a few more quotes from media articles about the expo:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

“Eight-year-old T P says the first person to notice Kyron Horman missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.
"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says T P.
But, Portland Public School spokesman Matt Shelby said the account can't be true: "There were no substitutes at the school that day (the day Kyron disappeared)," he said.”

This is the same article that includes comments from T’s grandmother admitting that T had been asked not to speak with the media, but she elected to allow him to do so anyway. I hope she hasn’t seriously compromised this investigation.

The article also discusses that Portland School District Spokesperson, Matt Shelby believes that T is confused because substitutes were called in the week following Kyron’s disappearance to act as relief to teachers who might need an emotional break. I disagree with Mr. Shelby’s opinion. I suspect that, rather than a substitute teacher, this person who noticed Kyron missing when she did the headcount was a volunteer chaperone. If we read T mother’s statements in this article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

“Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.”

To me it is clear that if the classes were to be divided into smaller groups then they must have had some adults there other than the teachers, because the ratio of chaperone to kids was higher than usual for these Science Fair tours.

Both of these news articles were published very early on in the search for Kyron, and I believe, before involved parties were asked not to talk to the media.

The quote in my previous post from Gina Zimmerman PTA president corroborates with Carol Moulton's description of the small groups taking the tour.

I think T Pused the word, "Substitute" when he should have said "Volunteer Parent Chaperone"

I think this information also answers the question about whether there was a substitute in Kyron's class for the day. There was not. Mrs. Porter taught the class as usual, but she had at least one volunteer helper during the time from 8:45 to 10:00 when the students were meant to be touring the Expo in small chaperoned groups.

That makes me think that Kyron went missing while he was in the care of some not publicly identified parent volunteer.
I agree with you and stated early on that I thought he disappeared on the volunteer's watch. I think he may have split off from his group to go see the electric project that someone, likely his abductor, lured him to.

I agree with you and stated early on that I thought he disappeared on the volunteer's watch. I think he may have split off from his group to go see the electric project that someone, likely his abductor, lured him to.

I understand that if a child were absent from school, the school would not place a call to the parent. However, what happened here is not a case of simply being absent. This is a child that went to school that day.

What I don't understand, is Kyron was NOT absent that day. He was there, then we was gone. The teacher didn't take action to find him - either she is insanely negligent, or, she had good reason to not worry because she had been led to believe his not coming back to class was justified by something someone told her. She clearly was not worried that Kyron never made it back to class........why??????

Do we know if this teacher is still employed with the school district?

.[B says that is the last he saw of Kyron because Kyron never made it back to the classroom[/B]

"
[I believe the "substitute" was an adult chaperone for the group of 6 that Kyron was supposedly in] I understood this above statement to mean that upon returning to Mrs. Porter's classroom that the chaperone did a final head count and voiced concern when she realized their were only 5 students and that Kyron was the one unaccounted for.(this tells me that Kyron was in the classroom when the students were divided into small groups and then headed out to tour the science fair) Mrs. Porter seems to tell the chaperone that he[Kyron] is probably just in bathroom or at water fountain. The chaperone then leaves.... Therefore this statement is contradicting the statement that T gives saying Kyron never made it back to the classroom when they then divided into smaller groups for the tour, rather Kyron was last seen in the hall alone setting off to see the "electric" science project

Any opinions on the contradictions?

I think the teacher was like all teachers on busy days and just wanted to answer T's question, and then she remembered the appt.

I think it played out like this:

The parent chaperone was given a list of which kids they were touring with and called out his name along with the others, which is what our school always does - they give you a list and you call the kids or the teacher does and says "Okay you go with Mrs. ________"

When the chaperone got to Kyron's, she didn't know he had an 'appt' and so asked about him, Mrs. P was distracted, told T to settle down, he's getting a drink, or whatever, and then remembered the 'appt' which accounted for his abscense and informed the chaperone.

I really think this whole case is a very simple one in who did it and why - even the how seems pretty easy to me looking at the pics of the school and having gone by there. I have yet to talk to someone locally that thinks there is any foul play other than TH, but of course we all kinda hang out with people who are like-minded, ya know?

I do, however, believe there is much more to this story in a soap opera way of family dynamics, unfortunately. I just want that little boy found and home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back