The Search for Caylee-Possible Physical Locations

Did anyone else see on NG last night, they flashed a map of cell pings that TES are using, has that been released to the public?

I saw this and my jaw dropped. I would love to know the dates of the pings.

I wonder if the Discovery has the ping map. If so, he should look near where ever the phone was pinging on June 26th right before she abandoned the car.

Salem

We might be getting too far in time from the date of death for the cadaver dogs to have anything to hit on, if the body isn't there. This might make a difference in whether or not the hits at the Anthony house really indicate the body was there. I found this article http://www.slate.com/id/2174177/
saying that cadaver dogs' accuracy goes down with an elapse of weeks or months. One "expert" made a comment in conjunction with the McCann case that, "...certain dogs were accurate just 22 percent to 38 percent of the time." Obviously the success rate of each dog is documented and if the dogs used in this case are highly accurate it will matter.

Just thought I would throw that out there. It is an interesting piece of information. And if Casey never talks and she is tried for murder this will certainly come up in court.

Maybe she knew of a swampy area with deep mud, relatively accessible, that would keep the body from surfacing and the smell from emerging? She could have cleaned up with something she brought with.

My other guess would be that the body could be thrown off of a cliff into some area of dense brush.

I still want to know if during the work in the back yard if a new pool liner was part of the work....when it was purchased and installed....

Last night on Geraldo, LP said that Tim was going to be digging up the pavers in the Anthony's backyard, maybe on Tuesday. Anyone hear anything else about this or is this another fabrication?

Rethinking this, maybe it wasn't Geraldo, but if it wasn't, then it was NG or GVS on Friday night.

I don't recall any mention of recovering the sports bra & shorts Casey was wearing on shovel day. Also, IIRC, the bag that was in the Pontiac wasn't characterized as a backpack.

One explanation to consider is that Casey was dressing to "fit in" in her planned disposal surroundings. For example, a long hiking trail.

• Anyone seen pics of what Casey's backpack looked like? Big enough to contain Caylee?
  • Any mention of recovering Casey's "backpack" that George commented seeing her w/ 6/16

Maybe not new, but, locations that appear to have hiking trails associated with them:
  1. Blanchard (duh)
  2. Lake Underhill
  3. Central Winds
  4. Moss Park (near Lake Mary Jane SSE of O Int'l Airport & reported Annie D. residence)
  5. Others?

OK...maybe not a new observation, but, knowing the status & description of Casey's alleged backpack would help to know what one might be looking for on a search.

I know that this is not a likely location but for some reason, I feel compelled to get it off my chest so here goes...

I remember a while back that there was some discussion about KC researching sink holes through "stumbleupon". I've searched a bit and sinkholes do not seem to be an uncommon occurance in Florida but I did find an interesting link when I was looking up Winter Park. Here is the wikipedia entry for Winter Park:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Park,_Florida

Scroll down and you will see mention of a sink-hole there that has been made into a man-made lake called Lake Rose. It doesn't seem like an appropriately remote location for hiding a body but its so close to where she travelled and to where Full Sail is located that I wanted to post about it. Here is an aerial view of the Lake:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...7,0.005032&t=h

We might be getting too far in time from the date of death for the cadaver dogs to have anything to hit on, if the body isn't there. This might make a difference in whether or not the hits at the Anthony house really indicate the body was there. I found this article http://www.slate.com/id/2174177/
saying that cadaver dogs' accuracy goes down with an elapse of weeks or months. One "expert" made a comment in conjunction with the McCann case that, "...certain dogs were accurate just 22 percent to 38 percent of the time." Obviously the success rate of each dog is documented and if the dogs used in this case are highly accurate it will matter.

Just thought I would throw that out there. It is an interesting piece of information. And if Casey never talks and she is tried for murder this will certainly come up in court.

In defense of the LE dogs used, they can pick up a scent of traces of a cadaver for up to 2 years after the fact. They are continuously trained throughout their lives. Dogs that are not continuously trained are much less affective. Information is straight from the Orange County Sheriff's office K-9 unit.

Hopefully cell phone ping triangulation based searches have not excluded other search priorities - such that LE is also systematically searching outside the pings - utilizing info assembled from friends, and/or good old intuition.

For a panic move related to places Casey had known access:
The Lake Vaj area & the Oviedo house area come to mind.

Just because Casey's phone was pinging, does not mean Casey had her phone with her. Were I to have a solemn task to perform, such as a burial of sorts, without fear of interruption or being startled, if I was tired of my "pesky mother" calling me constantily, or, if I had told people I was leaving town and preferred not to be found, I might decide to turn my phone off, and/or leave it behind. One of the more innocuous lies in the world "oh, sorry mom, I guess my phone was still off from...when I was in...church".

I know that this is not a likely location but for some reason, I feel compelled to get it off my chest so here goes...

I remember a while back that there was some discussion about KC researching sink holes through "stumbleupon". I've searched a bit and sinkholes do not seem to be an uncommon occurance in Florida but I did find an interesting link when I was looking up Winter Park. Here is the wikipedia entry for Winter Park:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Park,_Florida

Scroll down and you will see mention of a sink-hole there that has been made into a man-made lake called Lake Rose. It doesn't seem like an appropriately remote location for hiding a body but its so close to where she travelled and to where Full Sail is located that I wanted to post about it. Here is an aerial view of the Lake:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...7,0.005032&t=h

Thank you for this find. I also saw the Stumbleupon entry but did not find any *permanent* sinkholes in my search. This appears to be one. There are many *temporary* sinkholes that open up every year, not this large though.

Anyway, it is attached to a park, and very close to Lake Virginia, which some have speculated to be Lake Vaj. It will be checked out, I'm glad you had to get it "off your chest"!

A resident from Sawgrass posted that he had not seen any searchers there other than one volunteer group that showed up once. He has not seen any door to door searchers, and said only one flier was posted on a mailbox a whole week after caseys arrest and since then, there have been no fliers up or anything. He stated that the residents always came together to search for lost pets but they didnt seem to be aware of missing Caylee much at all. Folks, if you are in the area, please post this area. Even if it is not important, we do not know that, and what good are all the fliers being posted if we miss this main spot? thanks if anyone can help bring coverage to the Sawgrass area. thanks.

There are two different people that have posted as being residents at Sawgrass Apts recently. One says 218 is empty. One says it is not. lol. If there is noone that can post fliers there, can someone notify the family that it is not posted? Am I the only one who thinks it needs fliers?

There are two different people that have posted as being residents at Sawgrass Apts recently. One says 218 is empty. One says it is not. lol. If there is noone that can post fliers there, can someone notify the family that it is not posted? Am I the only one who thinks it needs fliers?

Ok, I am confused - I was just reading the thread where Dante is chatting with WS people and he says he lives in 218 at Sawgrass. So what is the aprt. number where the Nanny was supposed to live?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back