The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the States CIC was so short is cause he laid it all out in the opening.

I agree, I haven't seen it come out either. I also wonder if she left it there at his place to be found among his things.

Maybe that's why she took that photo with it conveniently right next to him.

Do you guys believe they actually had sex that day at all? Is that just assumed because the were both nude in the photos?

Agree. Their questions didn't bother me either. So many times we and the press analyze a Jury based on actions or lack of. After Trial and they speak out we are to find just how far off base the assumptions were.

When I was on a high profile death penalty case in my local area we later found out after the trial that the media was trying to read tealeaves based on our questions and thought for sure we must be leaning toward NG.:floorlaugh:

NOT! We based our verdict on the overwhelming evidence entered in the case that proved it BARD that the defendant was Guilty for the murders he had committed. And one or two did ask some silly questions but you will find one or two that do that. Maybe wanting to be the leader by asserting themselves even if the questions they may ask are foolish based on the evidence known.

Ooooh I'm so glad he played the "that's heinous" clip from Inside Edition in his opening!

Ooooohhh..and now he just played the "no jury will convict me" clip! Then he said "I also ask that you mark that no jury will convict her even though she has admitted that she is the woman who did this after giving many and different stories of what happened". "And as you mark her words, I ask you while you are doing that in your final deliberations that you remember that while you are marking the guilty verdict for her premeditated killing of Travis Alexander". Snap! I think he ended it on THAT note.

Perhaps one of the reasons JA took all of those shower photos of TA was in an effort to overwrite the images she did delete?

I have wondered if JA realized there was a memory card in the camera or if she believed the photos were being saved on the camera’s internal memory?

Do you guys believe they actually had sex that day at all? Is that just assumed because the were both nude in the photos?

Well she sure doesnt have proof of it and why wouldnt she set up the camera with the timer or remote and do that if it was to show something sexual happened?

Frankly taking photos of a man just laying on his bed when his penis isnt erect it not my idea of what sex photos should look like.:D Why take it from such a far distance and a side view of him? Nope nothing about the supposedly sex photos makes any sense.

IMO

Sorry if I missed, just catching up on this trial as of yesterday.......but did listen to Tricia last week Levi show, and she said she was going to as AZLawyer if what someone said.........that in the state of AZ, if someone claimed self defense they HAD to testify..........is there an update on that as I haven't seen such. TIA.

Jodi said that she got a phone call from a mutual friend after TA body was found. Is that a lie and if not who was the phone call from?

I would love to hear what her initial reaction was.

I too have wondered if they had sex at all that day. But I believe the detective told Jodi it was obvious they were having sex that day from the pics. But maybe he originally made that assumption simply because they were both naked.

This may not be allowed, please mod delete if it is. This has been driving me bonkers since what little we know about JA has been slim. It is just the locations she lived. Is her fathers name Bill?

I agree, I haven't seen it come out either. I also wonder if she left it there at his place to be found among his things.

Good question ..haven't heard about the lube being recovered from his house.

Regarding the laundry:

I think Travis started his laundry after their nude photo session. He's the one who put the sheets in the dryer after they finished washing, and he's likely the one who put his t-shirt and socks in the wash too. He seemed to be a bit of a neat freak and was also getting prepared to leave town.

So, I think Jodi very deliberately put the camera in the washing machine, and maybe sent it through another wash cycle -- not to destroy the pictures (because she thought she already did that) but to wash off the blood and whatever fingerprints or hair might have been on it. I'm not even buying that she bleached it because those dark socks had no indication of having been bleached. And like the defense implied on x-exam, the camera was actually working when it was recovered, and there are better ways to destroy it and the memory card if that was her intention.

I can't come up with a scenario where Jodi accidentally put the camera in the wash with Travis' t-shirt and socks. That being the case, it's pretty easy to conclude that she wanted the camera to be found --otherwise, why not take it with the murder clothes, lube, gun and knife to burn in the desert?

I happened in on NG last night and was shocked to hear her saying that the jury was buying into the defense based on their questions. I think it was all hype.

I listened to the opening on IS this morning, and there were a lot of facts to assimilate in a short period of time. However, they have been reported that there are prolific note-takers and that the jury is very attentive.

However, I'm sure that, when they come up with their questions, they, like us, forget things and don't have time to go back in their notes to check their facts. That's one advantage we have here!

Martinez mentioned in his opening that Jodi had told Flores to look into the roommate as a possible perp. At the time (and I think we heard it in the audio), Flores told her he had and that he had a solid alibi as well as the other roommate.

So, there is possibly one juror who forgot about that and asked the reasonable questions about the roommate's fingerprints and alibi.

It's hard to remember that, if they are following all the instructions they are given every day, they know nothing about the discussions going on in MSM and such message boards as here.

They can't discuss the case with anyone. The first opportunity they will have is during deliberations. At that point, they can review all their notes and compare them. They can re-watch/listen to Flores' interviews and hear it all as much as they want.

So, if in the future, I hear more questions that indicate doubt about the case, I will take them based on what I said above.

Heck, there are things we can't keep straight. One example is the fact that she dyed her hair somewhere and then went back to being blonde. AFAIK, she never dyed her hair blonde. She was brunette when arrested a few weeks later. If she had dyed her hair back to blonde, there would have no reason for her to dye it back to brunette for her arrest.

Well she sure doesnt have proof of it and why wouldnt she set up the camera with the timer or remote and do that if it was to show something sexual happened?

Frankly taking photos of a man just laying on his bed when his penis isnt erect it not my idea of what sex photos should look like.:D Why take it from such a far distance and a side view of him? Nope nothing about the supposedly sex photos makes any sense.

IMO

To me those photos of Travis appear to have been taken from almost the level of the bed. I'm picturing her creeping up the bedside and trying to take those photos surreptitiously.

I dunno, it would not surprise me to learn that they didn't have sex. Those pix of Arias on the bed (yucky!) could have been taken by her using the camera on auto timer.

This could have been done while he was doing something else in another part of his house. It was his camera, after all, the camera he was going to take on his Cancun trip the very next day (correction: in a few days, thanks for reminding me, Linda!) . What a shock it would be to him, not knowing those pix of her were on there, and then to find them later, perhaps while in the company of his friend, Mimi. I suspect this is what Arias was going for. But I could be wrong here. MOO.

Good question ..haven't heard about the lube being recovered from his house.

Regarding the laundry:

I think Travis started his laundry after their nude photo session. He's the one who put the sheets in the dryer after they finished washing, and he's likely the one who put his t-shirt and socks in the wash too. He seemed to be a bit of a neat freak and was also getting prepared to leave town.

So, I think Jodi very deliberately put the camera in the washing machine, and maybe sent it through another wash cycle -- not to destroy the pictures (because she thought she already did that) but to wash off the blood and whatever fingerprints or hair might have been on it. I'm not even buying that she bleached it because those dark socks had no indication of having been bleached. And like the defense implied on x-exam, the camera was actually working when it was recovered, and there are better ways to destroy it and the memory card if that was her intention.

I can't come up with a scenario where Jodi accidentally put the camera in the wash with Travis' t-shirt and socks. That being the case, it's pretty easy to conclude that she wanted the camera to be found --otherwise, why not take it with the murder clothes, lube, gun and knife to burn in the desert?

I think if he did start that wash of the bed linens it also clearly communicated to Jodi that their time was done. And that he was trying to "wash it all away". Almost like a sex abuse victim immediately takes a shower. He did the laundry AND took a shower.

I think if he did start that wash of the bed linens it also clearly communicated to Jodi that their time was done. And that he was trying to "wash it all away". Almost like a sex abuse victim immediately takes a shower. He did the laundry AND took a shower.

:clap: Great point! He was literally washing her out of his life.

Jodi said in one interview I saw that they had sex twice that day. Once in his bed and once in his office. I think it was wishful thinking on her part. Who can believe anything she says? Maybe she got mad because he REFUSED to have sex with her ?

100% I believe it. That was Jodi's way of trying to get what she wanted.

The questions don't bother me either. I hope hope hope these jurors will speak out after the trial/conviction/sentencing.

Me too. It's fascinating. I admire them for their duty. When they get it "right" that is :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther