The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

I just picture some 5 year old saying Mommy is this the park they found that little girl's body in? How do you explain the memorial to a child?

I just picture some 5 year old saying Mommy is this the park they found that little girl's body in? How do you explain the memorial to a child?
Exactly that way- a mean mommy hurt her little girl and she died, and this is the spot where her body was. Doesn't need any more detail than that for a 5-year-old. They know bad people exist in the world.

No matter who purchased the property (even if a group of WSers combined their funds as was once suggested) they would have to deal with the zoning laws, drainage, Homeowners Association, and whether the county would want it as a donation.

Then there would be the same decisions to make about if it should be a park, playground, left to nature, or a memorial to Caylee. Leonard P would not be the only one facing debate. No matter who purchased this property, someone would be vocal in their disapproval.

I sure wish that some of the money being poured into casey's defense would be used to purchase this land and set up a park with playground.

I like this idea. It focuses on the future. A big playground with an open-air play house that has Caylee's name on it.

There are a number of people from other states looking at it, so it is not about "the people of Orlando", but anyone who comes up with the cash. If it bothers them, then let them put up the money and buy it.

Why should anyone have a say if they don't put their money where their "mouth" might be.

What people in other states? Do you have a link? What do those people hope to do with the property?

erect a lifesize alivelooking statue of caylee to honor her.. then stick kc in a escape proof cell right by it then kc can watch all the people honor caylee and ignore her .. yeah wishful thinking i know

I've been reading the posts here and want to state my opinion. I think it's great that LP wants to buy the land and do something to honor Caylee in that spot. I think either a playground or like someone else said plant wildflowers there so that it would be an open area instead of all the trees and undergrowth. He is a father and grandfather and his heart is in the right place unlike this baby's own family. My granddaughter knows when she sees Caylee's face on the television that her mommy hurt her and that she is in HEAVEN now. I don't live in Florida but I would love to be able to have a place to go if I get in the area one day and sit and reflect about that little girl and how now she is finally happy. I don't care if LP or someone else buys the land but I think the area should be cleared out completly and something put up there that all children will enjoy instead of letting it stay like it is or building some kind of commercial buidling there.

I think LP is a bit obsessed with the dump site. I don't think he cares too much about the A's and their feelings, but what about the locals? I wonder if he has considered what MK had to say and if he has taken any of it to heart?
Fwiw- as anyone who has experienced the murder and dumping of a loved one can tell you, the spot is an explicit reminder and a tremendous source of pain for the family; nothing can ever make up for it. All one can do is just let it be and avoid it.

make it back to nature, a beautiful place of nature and try to forget
what awful thing happened there, for children, the school and neighborhood.
Everyone wll always remember that Caylee was dumped and found there.
No one will forget. The story will be handed down by locals forever.
After hearing Marc Klass, no matter what, he loaves the site where
Polly was found, never wants to be there etc...........

My bold

The only A who has hindered justice for Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony.:liar::behindbar And that is precisely what she is charged with, along with murder one. I find it funny that people keep insisting the A's obstructed justice... yet within all these months, and all the evidence the SA, OCSO and the FBI has acquired, not one of them has been charged. (and they never will be, imho.)

The pursuit of justice for Caylee is and always has been well under way...and it will come to pass. MOO
----------------------------
The pursuit of justice for Little Caylee.About 3am yesterday I watched Dr.G.M.E...she delved into a different case but she said something that brought tears to my eyes. "I speak for the dead",the Prosecutor doesn't seek (my words) guilt or innocence,but that Justice be done. It was just so fitting and moving.

If LP has real intentions on buying the land and turning it into a memorial for Caylee (or for all missing children, as he told one other news outlet) then why didn't he make a compatible offer for it? If my calculations are right, his offer undercuts the asking price by just under 44%. That's a big cut in price... and from my understanding, the price has already been compromised by this case, as it is. To take LP's offer would be a big loss for the owner... which I don't see happening, unless the owner is extremely desperate to get the land off of his hands. This whole issues leads me to believe that LP had no intentions of purchasing the land in the first place... that it is just a PR move.

I agree with Marc Klass' statement on it... and looking at the area: it's near a school... the land is swampy... and it is in a residential neighborhood where people will be affected by outside traffic and lookey loos. Plus, if you are going to do a public memorial that is open to the public, then why would you put it in such of an obscure place. Besides, where Caylee was found is not where she should be memorialized... not where she was treated like trash and literally left there in trashbags. That child's memory deserves so much better...

If LP has real intentions on buying the land and turning it into a memorial for Caylee (or for all missing children, as he told one other news outlet) then why didn't he make a compatible offer for it? If my calculations are right, his offer undercuts the asking price by just under 44%. That's a big cut in price... and from my understanding, the price has already been compromised by this case, as it is. To take LP's offer would be a big loss for the owner... which I don't see happening, unless the owner is extremely desperate to get the land off of his hands. This whole issues leads me to believe that LP had no intentions of purchasing the land in the first place... that it is just a PR move.

I agree with Marc Klass' statement on it... and looking at the area: it's near a school... the land is swampy... and it is in a residential neighborhood where people will be affected by outside traffic and lookey loos. Plus, if you are going to do a public memorial that is open to the public, then why would you put it in such of an obscure place. Besides, where Caylee was found is not where she should be memorialized... not where she was treated like trash and literally left there in trashbags. That child's memory deserves so much better...

My bold

I agree, such a low offer does make it seem a bit disingenuous. I think he's got $50,000 on the brain...

Surly this is a matter of record within the county tax assessor, right? Or some county entity...this is not my forte' but I'm sure we have someone on here who knows what to access and where...I have great confidence that WSer's can find out who purchased the land and I'm putting my $ on Lee.

I'm sorry, but at the moment I don't trust BC's word that the owner will "do something good" with the piece of land where Caylee's remains were found.

I sure hope it's not that Kidfinder guy - ugh.
Maybe the secret donor from CT - he seems to have plenty of $$.

I'd bet on Lee, too - maintains CA control

Here's a link to the OC comptroller's office. http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp If you click on "advanced" you can do a recorded property search using the appropriate lot information. Unfortunately, I don't know all the info for the property. It's parcel 00021, I believe, but I don't know the subdivision. Anyone?

Well, we can speculate that the mystery buyer was not a group of good hearted WS posters nor Leonard P. Neither one of those options would please Cindy and therefore, by extension, would not please BC. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back