The supposed "evidence" against Mark Byers

How can one possibly believe that Steve not being home at 4:30 in the afternoon is in anyway comparable to him still being missing with two other children hours later and at night?

speechless.

Yeah, that train of thought concerns me, and I mean beyond debate of random posters on some message board.

She was notified and picked up.

She knew he was missing when she left for work too.

Why didn't she call someone?

Probably because she assumed he was no longer missing because she hadn't heard from her husband. She said she grabbed two pieces of candy on her way out of work, one for Amanda and one for Stevie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was notified and picked up.

She knew he was missing when she left for work too.

Why didn't she call someone?

Terry ONLY picked up Pam because her shift at work was over. She did not have a car to get home. It was not a special occasion for her to be picked up; the fact that her son was missing had nothing to do with Terry picking her up at the end of her shift.

And she was "notified"? Really?? I've already posted this story on the Terry Hobbs suspect thread. I encourage you to review.

She knew he was missing? And why didn't she call someone? Really? Seriously?

She left for work about the time Stevie was told to come home. It was in no way, shape, or form a "Well, I know my son and two other boys have been missing for hours and it's dark now but no worries, I'm going to work"!

I'm a mother who's raised a rowdy boy. Maybe this gives me some type of special insight, but I doubt it. It's more of an understanding of whether Terry Hobbs acted appropriately in this example and I believe anyone with any type of human understanding would believe he did not.

Terry ONLY picked up Pam because her shift at work was over. She did not have a car to get home. It was not a special occasion for her to be picked up; the fact that her son was missing had nothing to do with Terry picking her up at the end of her shift.

And she was "notified"? Really?? I've already posted this story on the Terry Hobbs suspect thread. I encourage you to review.

She knew he was missing? And why didn't she call someone? Really? Seriously?

She left for work about the time Stevie was told to come home. It was in no way, shape, or form a "Well, I know my son and two other boys have been missing for hours and it's dark now but no worries, I'm going to work"!

I'm a mother who's raised a rowdy boy. Maybe this gives me some type of special insight, but I doubt it. It's more of an understanding of whether Terry Hobbs acted appropriately in this example and I believe anyone with any type of human understanding would believe he did not.

<mod snip>

What about Todd Moore, when was he notified?

Todd Moore was out of state, Pam Hicks was five minutes drive up the road.

CB radios were standard equipment for truckers long before 1993.

CB radios were standard equipment for truckers long before 1993.

Were repeater stations fairly common and accessible? Did dana have access to one?
Was Todd seated near his radio at all times? What channel was he on?

I hardly see how contacting Todd is in any way comparable to driving a couple of minutes to Pams work, but do try.

Catfish Island being so close, how did TH know that Stevie hadn't gone to his mother's work place bringing the other two boys with him? That possibility alone should have prompted him to contact Pam at work.

<<snipped>>

In Pam Hobbs WMPD interview in 2007 the reason she had Terry drive her is because she had a prior DWI from Jonesboro and no longer had a driver's license.
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/pam_hobbs_interview.pdf

In Terry Hobbs WMPD interview in 2007 he states that they did in fact have two vehicles.
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/t_hobbs_interview.pdf

It appears that she has had a problem with alcohol most of her adult life. She's still getting DWI's, has lost on her driving privileges on multiple occasions, charges for drugs and has been violent (to her own family as well as anyone who has contact with her) as well. She is the poster child for Mothers Against Drunk Drivers for sure and it makes me think back to the time when she was talking about starting a not-for-profit for victims. I think she should attend some AA meetings instead.

Now, I don't know if her children were in her vehicle when she got the DWI in Jonesboro so long ago. I also don't know if any children were in her vehicle or under her care when she's had numerous run-ins with law enforcement. It does clearly show that she indeed has a problem with substance abuse.

I'm afraid substance abuse problems seem to apply to most, if not all, the parents in this case. Most tragically, Diana Moore, who knocked a woman down and killed her while driving drunk.

<<snipped>>

In Pam Hobbs WMPD interview in 2007 the reason she had Terry drive her is because she had a prior DWI from Jonesboro and no longer had a driver's license.
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/pam_hobbs_interview.pdf

In Terry Hobbs WMPD interview in 2007 he states that they did in fact have two vehicles.
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/t_hobbs_interview.pdf

It appears that she has had a problem with alcohol most of her adult life. She's still getting DWI's, has lost on her driving privileges on multiple occasions, charges for drugs and has been violent (to her own family as well as anyone who has contact with her) as well. She is the poster child for Mothers Against Drunk Drivers for sure and it makes me think back to the time when she was talking about starting a not-for-profit for victims. I think she should attend some AA meetings instead.

Now, I don't know if her children were in her vehicle when she got the DWI in Jonesboro so long ago. I also don't know if any children were in her vehicle or under her care when she's had numerous run-ins with law enforcement. It does clearly show that she indeed has a problem with substance abuse.
So now it's Pam's fault TH didn't tell her that Stevie was missing because she had a DUI? GMAB :facepalm: How is this relevent to the topic of this thread?

^ None of these women murdered any of those little boys.

No, but apparently when HoneyWest pointed out that TH did not go to Pam's work place specifically to tell her that her son was missing but left it till he was due to pick her up from work anyway, that was a reason to drag all Pam's addiction problems irrelevantly into the thread.

I was merely pointing out that Pam is not the only parent here with addiction problems.

I'm afraid substance abuse problems seem to apply to most, if not all, the parents in this case. Most tragically, Diana Moore, who knocked a woman down and killed her while driving drunk.

You're right even the convicted's parents had problems as well.

It seems a bit suspicious to me that they (defense-convicted & movie makers) accuse Byers for years, suddenly a new movie and now it's Hobbs. Who will be next? I guess we have to wait until the next movie, eh?

- Damien Echols' parents, who had separated, were both at a riverside party in September 1994 when mother Pam Echols' then-current boyfriend, Bryan McFadden, shot to death her previous boyfriend, Richard Ellison. The charge was reduced from capital murder to manslaughter, and McFadden was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

- Jessie Misskelley Sr., father of his namesake defendant, was arrested July 21 and charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm; he'd been convicted on drug charges years earlier. The case is still pending.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ictims-families-damien-echols-devil-worship/3

So now it's Pam's fault TH didn't tell her that Stevie was missing because she had a DUI? GMAB :facepalm: How is this relevent to the topic of this thread?

That's the way the conversation went. What I posted added more information than what was given or assumed.

It seems a bit suspicious to me that they (defense-convicted & movie makers) accuse Byers for years, suddenly a new movie and now it's Hobbs. Who will be next? I guess we have to wait until the next movie, eh?

Its been Hobbs since long before any new movie came out. Its been Hobbs since 2007 when the DNA results belatedly made everybody notice his quiet presence. Unless some new evidence points in a different direction it will remain Hobbs, and as I see no sign of the authorities ever re-opening the investigation and eliminating him properly as a suspect, that will be hanging over his head for the rest of his life, movies or no movies.

I'm not saying that's fair, but that's just the way things are.

Spookily enough, the first person on record to suspect Hobbs was JKM, in May of 1993.

In fact, he outlined in uncanny detail almost the exact same Manhole + Hobbs-as-perp theories that are popular now...

Its been Hobbs since long before any new movie came out. Its been Hobbs since 2007 when the DNA results belatedly made everybody notice his quiet presence. Unless some new evidence points in a different direction it will remain Hobbs, and as I see no sign of the authorities ever re-opening the investigation and eliminating him properly as a suspect, that will be hanging over his head for the rest of his life, movies or no movies.

I'm not saying that's fair, but that's just the way things are.

PL1, PL2, PL3, WOM, Devil's Knot. That is 5-movies, have I forgotten any?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back